• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking News: SpongeBob is gay

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
He's a sponge - so he is gender fluid in the truest sense of the word. He can produce sperm and/or eggs and can also reproduce asexually. Shame on Nickelodeon for trying to restrict his sexual expression to classicly reductive hetero/homo norms.
During queer month no less, where do I sign the #cancelnickolodeon petition.

Last edited:

GAMETA

Banned
But he clearly liked Sandy kinda romantically.

So maybe Sandy is lesbian and they were one of those weirdos that are gay but like the gay from the other side?

giphy.gif

cryptoadam

Banned
So all those conservative groups in the early 2000s that said he was gay were right all along ?

Whats next going to come out and say rock music is from the devil and that pot turns you into a raving maniac ?

cryptoadam

Banned
Does he even have a penis or bum hole ? Do the other characters have them?

Anyways i always thought he was a trans sponge. He tansitioned from a wash cloth to a sponge right ?

DogofWar

Does anyone know how the "LGBTQ+" community has reacted to this astonishing revelation?

If I wanted some ideological change in life I'd be pretty damn pissed if someone told me effin Spongebob was part of my movement.

TaySan

Banned
I don't get it? Nick posted something for pride month, but it doesn't say anything about Spongebob being LGBT.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Can anyone tell me if SpongeBob is inapropriate for children?

I asked a Mom once if she let her kids watch SpongeBob (ages ranged from 3-10) and she scoffed at me like it was an absurd question.

Does SpongeBob have adult references?

Nymphae

Banned
If you have to come out and tell us the sexuality of a character this many years into it's life, guess what, the sexuality of your characters doesn't matter to your property, but virtue signaled and received. Another hard won battle in the culture war.

Top Bottom