• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brendan Fraser has become the front-runner for Best Actor

Banned

Power Pro

I'm intrigued to see this movie because of the praise it's been getting. I'm admittedly hit and miss on Darren Aronofsky's films. Most of them, I honestly don't like at all. A lot of them come off as nihilistic. The Wrestler for example seemed just so harsh, and depressing. Then there's The Fountain, which may be one of my favorite movies of all time because it approached death in such a spiritual and unique way that it kinda fills me with joy.

Ownage

Congrats to his return. I just hope it doesn't fade away once he wins the Oscar. Coming down on the back side of being "it" for a season is worse than an initial fade to grey.

The Skull

Genuinely happy to see him get some recognition. Certainly was a big part of my childhood and genuinely seems like a nice guy who got completely fucked over. Can't wait to see The Whale in a couple of weeks.

DKehoe

I hope The Whale ends up being good and not just oscar bait. All the trailers have just been a fat man crying in a dimly lit room. What's it actually about?
I saw a trailer for it for the first time yesterday when I went to see Tár. Seems to be a story about a guy dealing with loss and reconnecting with his daughter.

Top Bottom