• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brexit | OT3 | A Feast for Crows

TimmmV

Just an aside, but there are people in the Catalonia thread saying Brexit is fine and that Catalonia shouldn't be worried about the possibility of leaving Europe. As a Brit who spent his formative years in the Balearics, I'm not sure whether to laugh or scream.

Jesus those guys are mental

Edit:

The tone lack of aggression by Corbyn in this article are such a nice change from the shite we are used to from the Brexiteer tories

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...over-brexit-says-corbyn-after-meeting-barnier

Corbyn said both sides needed to take steps to make progress in the negotiations, which are stuck on the details of the estimated €60bn (£54bn) divorce bill.

”The issue of Brexit is obviously a huge one in Britain," he said. ”Let me be clear: the British Labour party does not see anyone in Europe as an enemy. We see people across Europe as friends. You are our colleagues, our partners, our comrades and our friends."

Corbyn added: ”Our commitment is clear. We must and will respect the result of the EU referendum but at the same time build a new close and cooperative relationship with our fellow Europeans based on our common interests. We are internationalists.

I know a lot of people still have huge reservations about Corbyn, but he's definitely grown as a politician in the last year or so, he's turned into a genuine leader

Chinner

Banned
This isn't the BritGAF thread, pretty much purely Brexit news only.

The BritGAF thread is separate. Don't have link to it sorry.

jelly

One of the hidden 'no deal' reports has been leaked to Jo Maugham. Try to think how bad it can be, then try to be surprised that reality is worse.

Yikes.

/Force Awakens gif

Corbyn added: “Our commitment is clear. We must and will respect the result of the EU referendum but at the same time build a new close and cooperative relationship with our fellow Europeans based on our common interests. We are internationalists.

The thing I don't like abut this is they talk like they still want to be in the EU but in the same breath want to take us out just because of an unbinding vote, it's stupid. Same with May's Florence speech and such. It's a waste of time if you want a less than best deal and remain close parters, just be partners with the best deal.

Xando

One of the hidden 'no deal' reports has been leaked to Jo Maugham. Try to think how bad it can be, then try to be surprised that reality is worse.
DMhMslEXUAAMKX9.jpg

🤔

theaface

thisisfine.gif

That reads like utter devastation. How can such information be held back by the powers that be, especially before the referendum...?

Would it have mattered? Cunts like Johnson and Gove would've used it to cry "See! Project Fear! Experts!" and their idiot followers would've eaten up every word then asked for seconds.

I remember saying at the time to my family leaving with no deal would decimate our economy and we would never recover. Now they are all starting to agree, even my leave voting sister fears her job is on the line, no sympathy from me sadly. I told her 20 times to wake up and listen.

pswii60

Rats are jumping ship.

As a german taxpayer i should thank brexiteers for bringing us more tax revenue for our healthcare.
The timing of his tweet is no coincidence. It's a final warning shot to the UK government to sort their shit out. No business wants to move, it's an incredibly expensive ordeal, but they're getting to breaking point with the uncertainty.

I feel like at the current trajectory next year is going to be absolutely horrid for us all.

You're simply need to analyse the data more patriotically.

Be proud of the hardships we are going to face.

Revel in the excitement of our chief negotiators who before the referendum, didn't actually know how trade deals work, now being in charge of securing a trade deal!

Mr. Sam

I think I'm going to quit this thread for a while. Brexit's a shitshow, it's only going to get worse, my time would be spent better reading a book or having a wank than torturing myself with every ludicrous detail.

Gentlemen, it's been a privilege.

PJV3

I think I'm going to quit this thread for a while. Brexit's a shitshow, it's only going to get worse, my time would be spent better reading a book or having a wank than torturing myself with every ludicrous detail.

That kinda works when you are unaware about what is going to happen, I can wank and watch disaster approach at the same time these days.

Oh ffs.

Ram that deal down the throats of leavers. That's what happens if they call our bluff. That's how fucked we all are. I grew up during the recession of 2008, which regardless of how people put it, we still haven't gotten over it.

Oh ffs.

Ram that deal down the throats of leavers. That's what happens if they call our bluff. That's how fucked we all are. I grew up during the recession of 2008, which regardless of how people put it, we still haven't gotten over it.

"Nah, typical leftie remoaner waffle - leave the EU NOW!!!!! "

My attitude is just ‘let it burn’ right now.
By the time we are out of the EU and the UK is fucked I will have my PhD and will be fucking off to Japan.
This whole shitshow is much easier to swallow if you just revel in the self destruction. 🙃🙃

gun_haver

I'm just focusing on getting my shit together so I can leave.

Bleepey

My wife goes through this at least once a month. She looks European, but her accent is pretty much spot on English.

She'll be chatting with people at work, they'll bring up Brexit and then be completely shocked by her being Portuguese. Then they bring out this brilliant line of her being one of the good ones and I want to smack them.

The one that makes the least sense to me. My brother in law married my wife sister. He voted leave.

HIS WIFE IS PORTUGUESE. WHAT IN THE FUCK
Your wife's brother married your wife's sister? I am probably at risk of looking thick but isn't that your brother in law's sister or am i missing something?

Your wife's brother married your wife's sister? I am probably at risk of looking thick but isn't that your brother in law's sister or am i missing something?

Roundabout way of saying that his sister-in-laws husband voted to leave the EU, possibly on immigration control grounds yet he's married to a Portuguese woman which is weird because that would be voting against his family's interests.

jelly

No deal is such a hollow threat I don't know why anyone takes it seriously.

Yup. I also see the EU immediately calling the bluff if any UK government ever tries to plays this card.

It's embarrassing. May Davis, Brexiters etc. excuse is we have to have no deal as a real option to get good terms and not unveiling those reports like that leak one up there so negotiations go better. The EU has always bloody known, we know it will be a shit show and you have no leg to stand on. It's such utter BS. There is no hidden hand. I can't get my head around it.

2MF

It's embarrassing. May Davis, Brexiters etc. excuse is we have to have no deal as a real option to get good terms and not unveiling those reports like that leak one up there so negotiations go better. The EU has always bloody known, we know it will be a shit show and you have no leg to stand on. It's such utter BS. There is no hidden hand. I can't get my head around it.

Yeah... I'm gonna call the police and threaten to shoot myself in the foot unless they give me a million pounds.

This can only end well for me right?

Sure, the no deal situation will also do a bit of damage to EU economies. But it's so lopsided that this threat is a transparent joke.

Yeah... I'm gonna call the police and threaten to shoot myself in the foot unless they give me a million pounds.

Sure, the no deal situation will also do a bit of damage to EU economies. But it's so lopsided that this threat is a transparent joke.
The best part is that they are so open with their plan.

"shhh everyone saying we have no bargaining power, we have to pretend we do so they will give in. Now, I'm off to go win the argument and try this gambit that I have just explained to everyone. Wish me luck"

theaface

From the headlines today:

May pleads with EU27 for Brexit deal she can defend

Reported elsewhere, not just the Guardian.

This is so weak, so pathetic. If she wasn't such an awful person, I'd almost feel sorry for her. It's like she's saying "I've got no beef with you personally, but I've got to sell this to my boss so can you make it look like you've given me a win, pretty please?"

A lot of problems would go away if May and the Tories weren't driven entirely by trying to win headlines at the Daily Mail and the Sun over the interests of the country.

EmiPrime

"No foot is better than a bad foot"

theaface

Today's Times.

Presenting the 'no deal' plans on Halloween is certainly something.

David Davis is to present an upbeat assessment of a "no-deal" Brexit to the cabinet.

Wowee. When that's done and dusted he can move on to these:

David Davis is to present an upbeat assessment of food poverty helping people to get "beach-body ready" for the summer.

David Davis is to present an upbeat assessment of the ways in which Attack of the Clones in the best Star Wars film.

David Davis is to present an upbeat assessment of the rise in wearable fitness tech negating any staffing shortages in the NHS.

Top Bottom