• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brink |OT| _/^\_

Everdred

Seems like they fixed some of the issues. I played a couple hours and had no lag, quite a bit of fun. There is still something a bit off with the movement and gunplay but I really do enjoy it. Love the graphics.

Phandy

Seems like they fixed some of the issues. I played a couple hours and had no lag, quite a bit of fun. There is still something a bit off with the movement and gunplay but I really do enjoy it. Love the graphics.

So far I've been dissapointed. I really want to like it and would be interested in playing.
But oh my god that lag, every single server. Jerkiness ahoy, all the time. Low ping, high FPS - still janking around like no bodied business.

Sanic

There was a patch released, I believe, yesterday, as well as another one in the last month or two. Never checked the patch notes for either, but things may have improved.

Why does it feel like my character is wearing snowshoes on the beach? I move so slowly when playing the game, and I feel so goddamn heavy. Sprinting is painfully slow. Is this just me or is this how the game plays?

Raide

Why does it feel like my character is wearing snowshoes on the beach? I move so slowly when playing the game, and I feel so goddamn heavy. Sprinting is painfully slow. Is this just me or is this how the game plays?

Get Light Body, run like a crazy person.

Raide

Yeah, wall jump like a mad thing.

Still love ol' Brink. Not perfect, but far from the shitfest many claim it is. More interesting than many of its contemporaries.

I really enjoyed Brink. Its just a massive shame it was hampered by major tech issues early on in its life. I am sure it would have been very different if they had sorted things out on Day 1.

I enjoyed the combat, I enjoyed the class skills and the way each class functions and I loved sliding and wall running. Such a shame that we won't see a Brink 2.

I too had fun with Brink, it's a good game. Lag wasn't my problem, but performance (ATI 5850). Maybe they have fixed that with one of those late patches?

I wish I wasn't busy with the end of the semester so I could enjoy this free weekend. No doubt the community will disappear again once the weekend's over.

I really like Brink. But it's a dead game. ):

WX3

I mean six bux and some change and you get all the dlc and the game. It's one of the damn Steam sale gems that make for perfect titles to play while waiting for the next big release. Game does have some funny feeling controls about it, like ten pounds of dog shit stuck to 5 pound steal toe work boots. I sometimes get what I think is lag, when I can't control my dudes movement, and he simply floats around the room aimlessly? The guns feel good and weighty, and I like the sound of them too. As soon is it gets old, I'll delete the bastard and likely never play it again.

I bought this at Best Buy today, and it had a code for the Fallout DLC pack inside. I saw they're selling all the DLC packs in two bundles on the PSN store, if I redeem the code that came with the game would that prevent me from buying the bundle later on should I like the game and want the other DLC pack that's in the bundle? And this game didn't sell really well, did it? Every copy at Best Buy had the big orange "Do Not Sell Before" sticker on it.

I bought this at Best Buy today, and it had a code for the Fallout DLC pack inside. I saw they're selling all the DLC packs in two bundles on the PSN store, if I redeem the code that came with the game would that prevent me from buying the bundle later on should I like the game and want the other DLC pack that's in the bundle? And this game didn't sell really well, did it? Every copy at Best Buy had the big orange "Do Not Sell Before" sticker on it.

I doubt it, they sound like different pieces of DLC. KindIif like how in Rock Band you can buy the same song twice (once as a single and once as part of an album) with no issues.

I had the same thing in my copy, haven't redeemed it though.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I doubt it, they sound like different pieces of DLC. KindIif like how in Rock Band you can buy the same song twice (once as a single and once as part of an album) with no issues.

I had the same thing in my copy, haven't redeemed it though.

Strange I didn't get any DLC packs, I jelly =/

If anyone doesn't want there's >.>;, can I haz it?

Juan

Wasn't sure it was the same Brink I had in mind when I saw this OT title, but it actually is!

I had a ton of fun on this game when it first came out, too bad it didn't stick for a long time. I might give it another chance on PC since it's now free !

Top Bottom