• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
tumblr_md5o63LkTn1qearaqo1_r1_1280.jpg

Louis CK is da man!!

Source

Suairyu

Banned
Damn right we should. Gives new people a way in.
Go back to page 9, when Tash and the others were first joining.

See how few of them stuck around.

Fuck it, we are too cliquey, guys. But how do you prevent cliquey-ness settling in when dealing with a small group of friendly acquaintances?

This'll take some thinking...

BGBW - how much free time do you have, generally? I wonder if we set up in the OP a rotating game section, every two months playing the game the gaming members of BritGAF will play together, and as we start each new game we send an outreach to the particularly sub-community of that game to recruit new members?

Like say, for the next two months we all play L4D2. We make a post in the L4D2 thread seeking new British players. Then after two months we pick another available-on-steam-for-cheap, runs-on-any-machine game?

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Fuck it, we are too cliquey, guys. But how do you prevent cliquey-ness settling in when dealing with a small group of friendly acquaintances?

Simples. Someone new turns up, you welcome them and talk to them. At least for long enough to work out whether they are a twat or not.

noffles

Banned
I got in trouble for tweeting that once at uni. It led to a meeting in which it was read from the dictionary with definition. I had to stop myself going "See, it said mild swear word, that's not bad."

You got in trouble for tweeting it? How'd they find out? Sounds like there's some Orwellian surveillance shit going on there.

You got in trouble for tweeting it? How'd they find out? Sounds like there's some Orwellian surveillance shit going on there.
Jon tweets person B telling them not to get wound up about Group C because they're twats.

Group C thinks Jon is a bad man so raises this tweet, although it never named said group, to the uni.

I'd say there are areas where my now current employer could... Work on things,but now will have me hauled in for some meeting for not raising these concerns internally as prospective students could see it. So hey guys the department I'm in itself is great, don't worry about that come for an open day etc that'll cover me.

SKINNER!

Banned
Really like that L4D2 suggestion.

Another way to avoid clique-ness:-

I might post a (non political) news article that we can all post our opinions on. That way, other users can freely contribute in a conversation that doesn't revolve around a topic that relates to another user.

noffles

Banned
Twitter is a scary place. I keep bitching about others in private, or under an alias, just so nobody can rat me out.

A friend actually caught me doing it once on Twitter, which lead to me making my Twitter private for a while. That was a scary time, because she actively stalked my Twitter without following me and just kept making reference to shit I tweeted the previous day.

Social networks, man. They're bad news.

noffles is sending me sexual messages yo'

Tash trying to make it out that a female member is sending him provocative messages. Tut tut.

I try not to bitch about people like that, it was a pretty pathetic thing all round, but doesn't scare me off Twitter etc. Just have to remember it's no longer an obscure thing so just have to adapt what you say and not say some stuff. But... Absolutely love it. Slagging off TV shows with the world.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I think all of these things are cool, but to enforce will be a bit difficult, the gaming rotation for instance.

The news article thing is cool

I dont think we're going to be able to totally stay cliquey free..

Unless we all become hostile and hate each other

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I just realised I called the Steam group UKGAF instead of BritGAF. Whoops.

I'll guess a gaming rotation thing could work. Guess this is something to discuss in the next thread and if we do get around to doing one it can be added to the OP.

Quite like "It's good, but it's not right." Mostly because it doesn't sound like an in-joke.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I just realised I called the Steam group UKGAF instead of BritGAF. Whoops.

I'll guess a gaming rotation thing could work. Guess this is something to discuss in the next thread and if we do get around to doing one it can be added to the OP.

Quite like "It's good, but it's not right." Mostly because it doesn't sound like an in-joke.

MADSTAX BEYOND THUNDERLORD..that was kind've an inside joke.. amirite?

Mikeside

You guys need to stop worrying about the cliquey thing - every few pages just turns into this meta discussion about 'are we being too cliquey or not, how do we fix this?'

Mikeside

Fuck, I want a carvery meal now. Gotta use mash potato like cement.

It's the best.

Yeah, mash is a perfect barrier so you can fill your plate without risk of overspill.

They let you go up and get more veg as many times as you want, but I struggle to see who could possibly eat more than a plateful of roast dinner. We ate at 3, but I'm still uncomfortably full.

noffles

Banned
Yeah, mash is a perfect barrier so you can fill your plate without risk of overspill.

They let you go up and get more veg as many times as you want, but I struggle to see who could possibly eat more than a plateful of roast dinner. We ate at 3, but I'm still uncomfortably full.

I can eat two, but I'm just made of bricks or something. I love roast dinners so much.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
British roast dinners are the best. Probably my favorite food out of England. Yorkshire pudding and gravy and mash. Sublime.

f0rk

Roast dinners are the thing I miss most about living at home. Looking forward to going home this week so I don't have to feed myself.

Crackling and apple sauce give Pork an advantage, but a good bit of Beef and gravy is amazing as well. This is a tough question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom