• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

NinjaBoiX

sploatee:

I did say something wrong/dumb/hurtful and I know that.

I did feel terrible, I was really worried you were going to do something drastic.

And I was, and still am, truly, genuinely sorry for what happened and how I made you feel.

I just want to move past in now, it's not healthy to stew on stuff like this! I'm a cock at times but I'm actually an alright dude, promise.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
When someone promises that they are an alright dude, you have to believe them. Especially if they say so on the Internet.

remedial-chaos-theory.gif

So erm. I'm giving Demon's Souls my THIRD attempt. Finally finished the first area of the Boletarian Palace. Currently trying to sprint the Great Wall of China with a fire breathing over sized flying lizard chasing me in the second area.

The combat has actually clicked. The freedom of the combat system in countering & evading enemy attacks has a lot of elegance to it, now I understand what is going on. Timing is still a little wonky when it comes to parrying, but it should improve.

But, there is one thing that does irritate me about the game. Time, or more specifically the time lost each time one dies. Sure, the reset mechanic is what underpins the learning curve and indeed most of the appeal, but I'm a busy guy, and I reckon at my current pace it would take me months to finish.

It's why I simultaneously want to go & enjoy the combat, but also why I am looking at other games to play.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
sploatee:

I did say something wrong/dumb/hurtful and I know that.

I did feel terrible, I was really worried you were going to do something drastic.

And I was, and still am, truly, genuinely sorry for what happened and how I made you feel.

I just want to move past in now, it's not healthy to stew on stuff like this! I'm a cock at times but I'm actually an alright dude, promise.

Ok.

remedial-chaos-theory.gif

So erm. I'm giving Demon's Souls my THIRD attempt. Finally finished the first area of the Boletarian Palace. Currently trying to sprint the Great Wall of China with a fire breathing over sized flying lizard chasing me in the second area.

The combat has actually clicked. The freedom of the combat system in countering & evading enemy attacks has a lot of elegance to it, now I understand what is going on. Timing is still a little wonky when it comes to parrying, but it should improve.

But, there is one thing that does irritate me about the game. Time, or more specifically the time lost each time one dies. Sure, the reset mechanic is what underpins the learning curve and indeed most of the appeal, but I'm a busy guy, and I reckon at my current pace it would take me months to finish.

It's why I simultaneously want to go & enjoy the combat, but also why I am looking at other games to play.

Demon's is the toughest for checkpoints. I still shudder at having to do the whole of world 4-2 over and over again to get to the boss. It put me off to be honest. In Dark you'd get either a mid-level bonfire or a shortcut would open up. In Demon's it's pretty much back to the start of the level each time.

Seriously though, world 4-2. Shudder.

Demon's is the toughest for checkpoints. I still shudder at having to do the whole of world 4-2 over and over again to get to the boss. It put me off to be honest. In Dark you'd get either a mid-level bonfire or a shortcut would open up. In Demon's it's pretty much back to the start of the level each time.

Seriously though, world 4-2. Shudder.

I nearly wept with joy when some of the short cuts opened up in the first section. What you've said about Dark Souls makes me think I should stick with Demon's as long as I can bear and then switch to that.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I nearly wept with joy when some of the short cuts opened up in the first section. What you've said about Dark Souls makes me think I should stick with Demon's as long as I can bear and then switch to that.

I didn't fall in love / obsession with Demon's as I did with Dark (and now Bloodborne (so far)) but there are some amazing bits. If you've beaten the phalanx, you can travel to the other worlds now, right? The Tower of Latria is one of my favourite locations in all of gaming.

Some of the final bosses are really clever and play with expectations, too. I'm going to new game+ it at some point as I think I'll like it a lot more now I know what to expect and the best way to get through it.

Son Of D

Is it safe to come in?

Gaming wise I've been playing Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition. Forgot how terrible the campaign is, but the combat is so good.

When someone promises that they are an alright dude, you have to believe them. Especially if they say so on the Internet.
hello i am nigerian prince of nigeria and i have ₽1,000,000,000 left to you from your long lost uncle/wife please to be giving to you. can you to be sending your social security number your bank accounting your personal identification PIN number please and to thank you. totally legitimate.

signed
prince of estonia.

Argh. That's happened to a few of our grads here. Have you spoken to your training manager yet?

She's on holiday for the next week and a bit :/

If I'm honest I can't stand the career I'm currently in, and I've been looking to get out from about three months into this gig. I'm currently applying for a post grad career development loan for a master's course I've been accepted on to, and if I had got that, my intention would have been to leave anyway. Hence wanting to pass these two exams, so that if the loan application fell through, I could at least stick with accountancy. Now everything is riding on my getting this bank loan to fund my Master's degree.

*cough*

Anyway. How are you finding Dragon Age?

Also there's a gaming and drag night on soon at the cha cha boudoir. I'm trying to assemble a raiding party. You in?
missed this!
dragon age is okay, i kind of expected the worst going in after reading about the complaints. the game is horrid looking on the poor 360 too, otherwise i am having fun i guess. shall see if it keeps my attention!

and um maybe! i am not really a fan of video games though. or people. are they a necessity at this event? can we not drop them?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
She's on holiday for the next week and a bit :/

If I'm honest I can't stand the career I'm currently in, and I've been looking to get out from about three months into this gig. I'm currently applying for a post grad career development loan for a master's course I've been accepted on to, and if I had got that, my intention would have been to leave anyway. Hence wanting to pass these two exams, so that if the loan application fell through, I could at least stick with accountancy. Now everything is riding on my getting this bank loan to fund my Master's degree.

Well I hope it works out. Feel free to PM me if I can help - I'm a big 4 manager.

missed this!
dragon age is okay, i kind of expected the worst going in after reading about the complaints. the game is horrid looking on the poor 360 too, otherwise i am having fun i guess. shall see if it keeps my attention!

and um maybe! i am not really a fan of video games though. or people. are they a necessity at this event? can we not drop them?

the people will all be freaks, geeks and outsiders so at least 2/7 will be OK.

Also I faced my social anxiety and am now honest about it and even made some new actual real life friends. Until I piss them off, obvs. You can do it! Let's piss each other off and feel inadequate 😀😀

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Inside the Circle.

Trying to fit in with the kids by having a 3 word nonsensicle name.

I hate kids. Okay, so how do we do this? You friendly with any London promoters? The venues around here are awful, although I thoroughly recommend The Lady Luck in Canterbury (getting a gig there can be hassle though).

Meat - I am a bit of antagonist

Ah, okay. That explains that, I guess XD

NinjaBoiX

Plants v Zombies 2 - so much PvZ2, don't tell the gaffer

Dark Souls 2: SotFS - love it, hard but mint

Rocket League - football with cars, fun times

Geometry Wars 3 - meh, it's lost the magic with Bizarre but I still play Pacifism

Battlefield 4 - always fun and shit loads of maps with the DLC

GTA5 - not very far yet as I put it down when I got DS2 but it's so good on PS4

Destiny - not played in ages but I guess you could say it's still in rotation

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Failed two accountancy exams. Pretty much just lost my job. Not sure whether this is a blessing or a curse yet.
Argh. Whether or not it is a blessing or curse it probably still feels rough. You seem like a smart guy so you'll probably do fine whatever happens. And at least you found out it was not for you.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ok so my new open hearted honest approach to life is making me even more of a nervous pervis. :/

I take back everything I've said. Don't make friends and certainly don't tell them that you like them! I'm going to make my re-hibernation plans and put myself in the fridge until 2017.

Well I hope it works out. Feel free to PM me if I can help - I'm a big 4 manager.

Thanks sploats, I appreciate it! Do you have your own little brood of fresh faced students to manage?

Just go with the flow man

If they put me into my notice period I'm going to be pretty chill in work.

Argh. Whether or not it is a blessing or curse it probably still feels rough. You seem like a smart guy so you'll probably do fine whatever happens. And at least you found out it was not for you.

It certainly feels so. I'm frustrated because my efforts got me nowhere, and it's the first exams I've ever bombed out on, plus I can't leave my current job on my own terms. I'll just kick back with some beers tonight and some gaming! Cheers for the kind words!

Ok so my new open hearted honest approach to life is making me even more of a nervous pervis. :/

I take back everything I've said. Don't make friends and certainly don't tell them that you like them! I'm going to make my re-hibernation plans and put myself in the fridge until 2017.
YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!!

people are just silly, make a funny joke and generally they'll like you. or give them chocolate. either one of those usually works.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Thanks sploats, I appreciate it! Do you have your own little brood of fresh faced students to manage?

If they put me into my notice period I'm going to be pretty chill in work.

It certainly feels so. I'm frustrated because my efforts got me nowhere, and it's the first exams I've ever bombed out on, plus I can't leave my current job on my own terms. I'll just kick back with some beers tonight and some gaming! Cheers for the kind words!

I do. Although the nature of what I do is so techy that it takes them years to git gud.

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!!

people are just silly, make a funny joke and generally they'll like you. or give them chocolate. either one of those usually works.

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE PEOPLE ARE EVIL!

it all worked out. I'm just a nervous sort.

Anyway you should come. It will be good.

Skele7on

Banned
this is why I prefer people on destiny.

They're in PVP I can kill them repeatedly and no one bats an eye lid

If anything I'm rewarded for it.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
OK FINE ILL ADMIT IT

I ACTUALLY REALLY LIKE PEOPLE AND HANGING OUT WITH PEOPLE AND BEING SOCIAL

OK ARE YOU HAPPY NOW

ARE YOU

ARE YOU
Geez way to brag yourself up and flaunt your social life around. Some people don't get to hang out and be social as much as they'd like to. Now you've possibly made that hypothetical person feel sad, when he just wanted to have a happy Friday. You should make a glib apology to him/her and I will deliver the message for you.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Geez way to brag yourself up and flaunt your social life around. Some people don't get to hang out and be social as much as they'd like to. Now you've possibly made that hypothetical person feel sad, when he just wanted to have a happy Friday. You should make a glib apology to him/her and I will deliver the message for you.

Hey! All I'm saying is that I now seem to have 1 real life friend as opposed to none! I'm hardly Dale Carnegie.

Hey guys do you remember stormtrooper? She was nice..

Yup. I was a total arsehole to her and still feel bad. I did apologise in transgaf thread and I think she accepted it.

Or was I an arsehole? Can't remember. Sure she gave me a right talking to. Ah the Internet. :-/ my home, my beautiful, beautiful home.

I hate kids. Okay, so how do we do this? You friendly with any London promoters? The venues around here are awful, although I thoroughly recommend The Lady Luck in Canterbury (getting a gig there can be hassle though).

Ah, okay. That explains that, I guess XD

Well we just email venues and ask for gigs, they generally put us in touch with the promoters they use.

I still like you sploat!

I mean how are we going to go about getting us on the same bill. Should we get John involved?

That would be amazing.

Although I'm not sure about their new drummer, I mean he's no Johnny....

I'm without whatsapp at the mo and he's banned from here so you'll have to suggest it to him.

If we're going to arrange that many bands playing together then no need to bother with a promoter, we'll just sort it out ourselves with the venue.

Just need to pick a venue.

Top Bottom