• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

I couldn't even find the moon let alone appreciate it's super-mode majesty but an astronomer lady talked about it on the radio yesterday:

"It may not appear that different but bear in mind that it'll be approximately 18% larger and 22% brighter than normal."

Sounds enchanting...

I was surprised how bright it was last night. Had to feed the baby and when i went to kitchen to grab a bottle, i swear the garden was visible. There were shadows from the trees and everything was bathed in moonlight.

daviyoung

Banned
Amsterdam, Sydney, Croydon

uOzt8t0.png

Booking my trip now!

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Claim to fame #537 ...

My daughters are on Strictly Come Dancing (in one of the filmed segments)

Edit: just watched it - just the one daughter, very briefly, while knitting

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Christmas would be so much easier to spend alone if people didn't send you sad messages when they find out you're spending it alone. I've been invited to so many dinners, offered condolences and shit. I just want to stay at home and now you've made me feel incredibly depressed, I even had a little cry about it.

Despite the deaths, Brexit and Trump 2016 had been my best year, December has seen an end to that. It's made me fat, lonely, poor and depressed. If one more person calls me or messages me to "check that I'm okay" I'm going to revert back to the hoover smashing angst machine, not that I'm already verging on that.

Merry Christmas.

8bit

Knows the Score
Christmas would be so much easier to spend alone if people didn't send you sad messages when they find out you're spending it alone. I've been invited to so many dinners, offered condolences and shit. I just want to stay at home and now you've made me feel incredibly depressed, I even had a little cry about it.

Despite the deaths, Brexit and Trump 2016 had been my best year, December has seen an end to that. It's made me fat, lonely, poor and depressed. If one more person calls me or messages me to "check that I'm okay" I'm going to revert back to the hoover smashing angst machine, not that I'm already verging on that.

Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas mate. I fantasize about being alone at Christmas without Hatchimals and other noisy shit these days.

Symphonia

Banned
Merry Christmas folks, did you get anything nice?
The usual; socks, boxers, that one awful knitted jumper I'll never wear. But I also got an electric revolving spice rack, a few cookbooks, a hamper full of herbs and spices, and a box of kitchen/baking utensils.

Merry Christmas, BritGAF.

slider

Speaking of the BBC, anyone caught Hospital on BBC2? There's an underlying point about the NHS, and social care more generally, that they're not explicitly making. At least not yet. But it's as clear as day. Good viewing.

NinjaBoiX

Haven't posted this in a while, I know all five of you have probably missed it terribly so here is a special extended theatrical collectors edition directors cut:

Loyle Carner - The Isle Of Arran
- best new hip-hop I've heard in a while, check out his album it's top

Sylvan Esso - Kick Jump Twist
- 8-bit plinky plonk loveliness

Cherry Glazerr - Nurse Ratched
- top tune, love the chorus

Laura Marling - Soothing
- its Laura Marling, it's gorgeous

Bonobo - Outlier
- best track on his slightly disappointing latest record, maybe the best track he's produced in years. That part around 4:30 where it all melts into this deep house groove, fuuuccckkk...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Bloody washing machine repairman didn't turn up for the second time. My wife will go nuts so I'm tempted to lie and say he came but needs another part so has to come back. She'll be annoyed but not as much as if she knew they cancelled twice without warning.

daviyoung

Banned
Bleeker Street Burgers

Bruh

and of course they make you eat it standing up, outside

nothing says quality like juggling a plate of chips and a burger in my hands with a can of coke in my coat pocket while my rudimentary napkin gets blown onto someone else's chips

Izuna

Banned
and of course they make you eat it standing up, outside

nothing says quality like juggling a plate of chips and a burger in my hands with a can of coke in my coat pocket while my rudimentary napkin gets blown onto someone else's chips

270JXfP.jpg

argument invalid

~~

But guys, while I recently discovered Bleeker St and found it to be THE SHIT. Y'all need to try Chosen Bun

butzopower

proud of his butz
When I was first visiting London last year I stayed close to The Water Poet, and wife and I had Bleecker like 3 times that week. No one believes me that the best burger I've ever had was in the UK.

Symphonia

Banned
Anyone able to help me out with property prices in London. Looking to move in to a one or two bedroom flat there, nothing particularly fancy, but cheap as possible in a reasonably nice area. I'm looking at £500-£600 per month, which is the current going rate for property around here.

Volotaire

Anyone able to help me out with property prices in London. Looking to move in to a one or two bedroom flat there, nothing particularly fancy, but cheap as possible in a reasonably nice area. I'm looking at £500-£600 per month, which is the current going rate for property around here.

I don't think my knowledge is informed enough to help you, but it may help to inform posters of an area you are thinking of (underground zone or district). Prices will vary a lot from Central to Watford.

Symphonia

Banned
I don't think my knowledge is informed enough to help you, but it may help to inform posters of an area you are thinking of (underground zone or district). Prices will vary a lot from Central to Watford.
I don't want to be moving to the city of London itself, as I know prices are exceptionally high there, and it might be a little too busy for my liking. I'm thinking somewhere like Harrow or similar.

Top Bottom