• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Britians most mathematically beautiful woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Supermodels:

article-2134632-12B41CC0000005DC-186_634x914.jpg

Beauty is a funny thing really.

Could use those foreheads as billboards.

Chick in OP is pretty.

SmokyDave

Screw you guys, she's gorgeous.

Yeah, she really is. If you told me she was the most beautiful woman in the world, I probably wouldn't argue. I'd want to look through the female population of Sweden, Russia and Latvia before making a final decision though.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
She is fucking gorgeous, the most mathematically beautiful......err no
Unfortunately that title goes to Elizabeth Hurley, who has aged damn gracefully mind you.

P.S Proof that she is the most beautiful woman in existence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVVroi8q0Y0

P.P.S Lol at the guy who said Asians then post a picture of a made up to death asian chick...get a picture of a more natural looking asian chick.
Natural looking make up = best make up.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
daily mail: britain's most beautiful woman is white as the driven snow

COR BLIMEY SURPRISES ALL ROUND

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
What do you expect when the country is 80% white?

She's the epitome of what we collectively describe as 'beauty'.

This crap is no better than the LSE prof who wrote the 'WHY ARE BLACK WOMEN OBJECTIVELY LESS BEAUTIFUL?' non-study. It's just linking beautiful white women with the idea of an 'objective' (mathematical) standard of beauty. If anything it's more insidious because they can hide behind your suggestion that 80% of the population is white.

No surprises at all to get this dross from the Mail.

SmokyDave

This crap is no better than the LSE prof who wrote the 'WHY ARE BLACK WOMEN OBJECTIVELY LESS BEAUTIFUL?' non-study. It's just linking beautiful white women with the idea of an 'objective' (mathematical) standard of beauty. If anything it's more insidious because they can hide behind your suggestion that 80% of the population is white.

No surprises at all to get this dross from the Mail.

This really isn't some giant racist conspiracy and I'm a little perplexed as to why you feel that it is.

It's not linking 'white women' with anything, it's referring to this specific woman, who happens to be white. And beautiful. Very, very, very beautiful.

GorillaJu

di-Q6C0.jpg

Asians always win for me.

She's cute, but she also has a week's worth of make-up on, and without those huge fake eyelashes and the photo shopping done on this, she wouldn't look nearly as cute.

Asians win for me, too...

But that woman in the OP is drop-dead gorgeous.

daviyoung

Banned
It's not linking 'white women' with anything, it's referring to this specific woman, who happens to be white. And beautiful. Very, very, very beautiful.

But why this particular woman?

There are plenty of females that have these 'scientifically proven' proportions. What is the reason for choosing this one. Is it because she works in a chip-shop? Is it because she represents an Aryan view? Is it because it's female beauty month in the Daily Mail and this woman is the antithesis to their stalwart Brick?

There is always a reason a newspaper like the Mail, with its obvious agendas, publishes certain things and uses certain phrases and it's no stretch to thing that something is not right with them publishing this particular story. Playing off stereotypes and fears is a sure-fire revenue winner for any of the gutter press, and all it does it perpetuate these stereotypes and fears.

And since the Mailwatch site doesn't seem to be getting any reports lately I'll do my part. For example, today there is an article about a new line of vaccuum cleaners. And what better way to advertise this than to show some women using them.

The Mail exists in its 50s alternate reality where WW2 never happened. Every article reflects this in some way.

SmokyDave

But why this particular woman?

There are plenty of females that have these 'scientifically proven' proportions. What is the reason for choosing this one. Is it because she works in a chip-shop? Is it because she represents an Aryan view? Is it because it's female beauty month in the Daily Mail and this woman is the antithesis to their stalwart Brick?

There is always a reason a newspaper like the Mail, with its obvious agendas, publishes certain things and uses certain phrases and it's no stretch to thing that something is not right with them publishing this particular story. Playing off stereotypes and fears is a sure-fire revenue winner for any of the gutter press, and all it does it perpetuate these stereotypes and fears.

And since the Mailwatch site doesn't seem to be getting any reports lately I'll do my part. For example, today there is an article about a new line of vaccuum cleaners. And what better way to advertise this than to show some women using them.

The Mail exists in its 50s alternate reality where WW2 never happened. Every article reflects this in some way.

You really ought to have read the article. I'll provide the relevant excerpts:

The 18-year-old student is blessed with what is described as the perfect face. It matches an international blueprint for the optimum ratio between eyes, mouth, forehead and chin, endowing her with flawless proportions.
Florence, who has a Saturday job in a seaside chip shop in between studying for her A-levels, beat 8,000 entrants to win the title. Contestants were judged without make-up and were barred entry if they had had plastic surgery or chemical enhancement.
A woman's face is said to be most attractive when the space between her pupils is just under half the width of her face from ear to ear. Florence scores a 44 per cent ratio. Experts also believe the relative distance between eyes and mouth should be just over a third of the measurement from hairline to chin. Florence's ratio is 32.8 per cent.
The proportional beauty theory has been around ever since Da Vinci applied visionary thinking and mathematical genius to describing the perfect face more than half a millennium ago.

There is no agenda, only reality. Had this been printed elsewhere, there'd be no axe to grind.

daviyoung

Banned
There is no agenda, only reality. Had this been printed elsewhere, there'd be no axe to grind.

Don't be so naive. Every excerpt you provided means nothing in reality, just the reality that they're happy to peddle. Nor do they mention other competitors' scores, or even the rarity of her condition. 'Experts' can be wheeled out to say anything they want.

The fact that the competition was run on ITV is even more funny/sad. It would have been bad had this been published elsewhere, but since it's the Mail it gets an extra check in the box and goes straight into the interrogation room. That's how it goes, and the journos and editors pander to this conception.

Had this been about anyone that didn't tickle your fancy, you wouldn't be shrouded in confirmation bias.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
This really isn't some giant racist conspiracy and I'm a little perplexed as to why you feel that it is.

I'm not denying that she's beautiful. I'm saying the fact that the Mail's 'mathematically most beautiful British woman' is white is no coincidence, and denying that is giving the Mail way to much credit.

[edit]And what should Da Vinci even have to do with it? White European decides proportions of white European female face are mathematically most beautiful? Stop the presses.

SmokyDave

Don't be so naive. Every excerpt you provided means nothing in reality, just the reality that they're happy to peddle. Nor do they mention other competitors' scores, or even the rarity of her condition. 'Experts' can be wheeled out to say anything they want.

The fact that the competition was run on ITV is even more funny/sad. It would have been bad had this been published elsewhere, but since it's the Mail it gets an extra check in the box and goes straight into the interrogation room. That's how it goes, and the journos and editors pander to this conception.

Had this been about anyone that didn't tickle your fancy, you wouldn't be shrouded in confirmation bias.

It's hardly confirmation bias, it's just confirmation confirmation.

Carmen Lefèvre, from the University of St Andrews perception laboratory in the School of Psychology, said beauty is strongly linked to symmetry. 'Florence has all the classic signs of beauty,' she added. 'She has large eyes, high cheekbones, full lips and a fair complexion. Symmetry appears to be a very important cue to attractiveness.
Nonsense Carmen! Confirmation bias!!!

I suggest that your feelings on the Mail may be clouding your judgement, davi.

I'm not denying that she's beautiful. I'm saying the fact that the Mail's 'mathematically most beautiful British woman' is white is no coincidence, and denying that is giving the Mail way to much credit.

[edit]And what should Da Vinci even have to do with it? White European decides proportions of white European female face are mathematically most beautiful? Stop the presses.
Honestly, I give up. It's all a big conspiracy to keep black women down. Meanwhile, nobody gives a fuck about fat chicks or brunettes. Obviously the woman in the OP should have been black, because, well, she just should have!

daviyoung

Banned
It's hardly confirmation bias, it's just confirmation confirmation.

I was making a joke based on the last statement of your post.

Nonsense Carmen! Confirmation bias!!!
I suggest that your feelings on the Mail may be clouding your judgement.

It has nothing to do with how beautiful you, me or Carmen thinks this girl is. It has everything to do with the Mail and the paint it chooses to cover its canvas. My favourite magazine is Private Eye; my feelings on the Mail (and most of the press) are justified and extremely paranoid.

I don't know anything about the daily mail, because I don't live in England, but of course it's not a "coincidence" that she's white...80% of British people are white. The bigger the pool of people, the more likely you are to find someone who's features fit this formula. And this proportion theory of beauty doesn't describe "white european faces". I first heard this theory in Newsweek in the 90s, and their example of perfect mathematical proportions was Denzel Washington.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Why did I know someone was going to have to chime in with "But Asian girls..." and just creep the fuck outta me.

SmokyDave

I keep coming back in to have another look...she won't be working in that chip shop much longer. Not a fucking chance.

Same. I can't bring myself to 'right-click -> save as', but every time I see the topic title I open the thread and let out a sigh of delight. She's flawless. That cupids bow gap is hot as hell too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom