• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bruce Willis Stepping Away From Acting

Draugoth

Gold Member
Bruce-Willis.jpg

Bruce Willis’ family has announced the actor is retiring from the profession after being diagnosed with aphasia, a language disorder caused by brain damage that affects a person’s ability to communicate. Willis’ family members posted a joint statement to social media announcing the actor’s retirement.

To Bruce’s amazing supporters, as a family we wanted to share that our beloved Bruce has been experiencing some health issues and has recently been diagnosed with aphasia, which is impacting his cognitive abilities. As a result of this and with much consideration Bruce is stepping away from the career that has meant so much to him.

This is a really challenging time for our family and we are so appreciative of your continued love, compassion and support,” the statement continues. “We are moving through this as a strong family unit, and wanted to bring his fans in because we know how much he means to you, as you do to him.
As Bruce always says, ‘Live it up’ and together we plan to do just that.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Shit, did he got injured? Because if not, this could mean that he can have ALS...

Pagusas

Elden Member
really explains all the DTV stuff he's been doing lately, just trying to cash in his name as much as he can to set his family up for whats to come. 100% can't blame him, I'd do the same, Aphasia is one of those "nightmare" level things in life for everyone.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Bruce Willis’ family has announced the actor is retiring from the profession after being diagnosed with aphasia, a language disorder caused by brain damage that affects a person’s ability to communicate.
Is this like dementia? He is getting senile?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The rumors were intensifying lately. Really unfortunate.
Yep. Been watching the RLM videos on this when they dropped.

The "geezer teaser" factory he has been pumping out seemingly to take care of his family, wearing of the ear pieces, etc.

Some of the most recent voice work were either AI or Kevin Dillion doing the voice over since they sound similar.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I wasn‘t a big fan of Willis‘ movies in the past years because he always seemed like he doesn‘t even care anyone but it‘s super sad to hear what he‘s dealing with. Wish him the best and his old flicks will always remain classics.

Last edited:

Fbh

Damn it's sad to see him stop down under these circumstances. Wish him the best.
And yeah Ia agree it puts his latest projects into context

Hari Seldon

One of the GOATs in his prime.

Die Hard, Hudson Hawk, The Last Boy Scout, Death Becomes Her, 12 monkeys, Pulp Fiction, the list goes on and on
Don't forget 5th element, which is one of those GOAT movies where (back in the days of cable TV) if it was on, you were glued to it no matter how many times you have seen it before haha.

This is scary as shit though. The dude is a legend so hopefully he can enjoy his retirement for as long as possible.

AJUMP23

Normally caused by Alzheimer's/Dementia. My mother had it and I worked with her to communicate until she died. It takes away so much to not be able to speak or make a sound when your brain knows what it wants to say and your body wont do it.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Smith said Bruce called him up and apologized. I think Bruce knew this was coming and wanted to unburden his soul.
Did he say that recently? If not, there is a story out there where Kevin said he called him but later found out that Bruce had mistaken him for another kevin, so the whole thing was a mistake.

YCoCg

Like RLM said in their most recent video, no one's going to remember the shitty straight-to-Redbox crap he's been doing lately.

But we'll always remember Die Hard, Pulp Fiction, Fifth Element, 12 Monkeys, Sin City, etc.
Even if you consider "Looper" or "Moonrise Kingdom" to be his last films where he gave a damn, that's still a career spanning over 24 years and starring in a load of classics!

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
See, I read that as the first call and conversation were legit between Bruce and Smith. How could he have a conversation about stuff and think it was a different person?

Then a while later he texts the wrong kevin about the pics. Smith is so stoned these days I'm not sure he recalls things well himself.

Anyway, I don't think it matters much. Bruce leaves a wonderful body of work and I hope his end days are peaceful. I have a terrible fear of losing Willis, Schwarzeneggar, and Stallone all in the same year, not sure 80's me could handle that.

gow3isben

Probably had a stroke. Best of luck to this champ. Thanks for enriching my childhood and congrats on getting out when the loonies have fully taken over.

Top Bottom