• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brutal Legend on Steam : yes, it is ($15)

wazoo

http://store.steampowered.com/app/225260/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_3

worth its own thread, no ?

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/8663/
Brütal Legend PC Beta Known Major Issues:

Quote:
Throughout the beta we’ll be discovering and issues with BL PC both large and small. This forum thread is not a list of every bug in BL PC, but the major issues that are most likely to cause substantial problems for players. If you see your issue here, know that it’s being worked on as we speak. If not, please post a thread here or email support@doublefine.com.

Rendering Breaks When Alt-Tabbing in Full Screen
If you play the game in full screen and then alt-tab out, the game will still run but will no longer render. This is being fixed ASAP.

You can work around this issue by playing in windowed mode (launch the game with -window or press Alt+Enter during gameplay) and may be able to fix the bug by toggling windowed mode using Alt+Enter if it happens during a full screen game.

No UI For Choosing Resolution/RefreshRate/Vertical Sync
These PC UI elements are still being finished and will be implemented within the first day or two of the beta. Advanced graphical options like FXAA, SSAO, etc. will also be implemented then.

You can work around this by editing your screen.dat file, as described in the Brutal Legend Support FAQ.

Input Remapping Isn’t Working
Input remapping is still under development. The current build allows keyboard/mouse button remapping, except to movement keys and no mapping of Gamepad controllers. This will be fixed very soon.

For the truly adventurous, you can edit your prefs.sav file, found in %APPDATA%\DoubleFine\BrutalLegend\prefs.save.

Gamepad Support Is Limited
Right now BL PC fully supports XInput compatible controllers (like Xbox 360 style controllers). We’ll add support for more controllers and full controller remapping within the first week of the beta.

For people who have gamepads that are not XInput compatible, you may be able to play the game if you can remap your buttons through a driver or other system level controller config.

Occasional Very Bad Performance in Feeding Area Map
This map has a performance/graphics glitch when the lamprey slams its head at nearby troops. This map will be removed from rotation (later today) until the bug is fixed.

I really had a lot of fun with this game despite its shortcomings. As long as you go into it with tempered expectations, it's a great experience. Even if you don't ever play RTS games (like myself) most of the battles aren't actually that hard. The open world stuff, world design and especially the soundtrack rock.

haikira

Was expecting another leak, not an actual link to it on the steam store. Quite the surprise.

Never played it on the console, so i may pick this up sometime. Preferably within the first month, so i'll get to experience the multiplayer while it's still lively.

Never played it. Is it bad?

I think it is great, but many people did not expect the RTS elements and got soured by that experience.

I do wonder what is in that soundtrack edition, since such a huge amount were licensed songs. And it is weird to have a multiplayer beta for a port.

antitrop

Time to double-dip.

I thought the game was great, despite the unfortunate RTS stages. Still hilarious, great story, great writing, perfect soundtrack.

stuminus3

Holy shit that's awesome.

Worth $14.99 just for the way Children of the Grave is mixed when Eddie first gets the axe.

Never played it. Is it bad?

Nah. People were upset that it was marketed as an action adventure game similar to Zelda (the demo did this especially), but it turned out that it was actually an open world RTS game. The focus on RTS kind of came as a surprise to a lot of people. People expecting an action adventure game were bummed and hardcore RTS fans didn't like the RTS elements.

I personally loved it, but I'm not a huge RTS fan. It's one of those games that's more than than the sum of its parts. It's just a great atmosphere, world and art design with some clever writing and interesting gameplay. It helps if you grew up during the whole heavy metal/hair band era.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
30 fps, of course, right?

I may pass.

Necrovex

When I finish Steins; Gate, Ni no Kuni, and Fire Emblem, I shall get this game. I loved it the first time I played it and I expect to love it all over again.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
I loved it. Great game, but I can understand being frustrated with the increasing RTS elements. Probably gonna go for the soundtrack Version

DieH@rd

Banned
Minimum:
Processor:1.8 GHz dual core CPU
Memory:1 GB RAM
Graphics:256 MB GeForce 8800, Radeon 3850, or Intel HD 2000 Graphics
DirectX®:9.0c
Hard Drive:4 GB HD space
Sound:DirectX Compatible Sound Card
Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection

Recommended:
Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo at 2.2 GHz, or AMD Athlon 64 at 2.2 GHz
Memory:1 GB RAM
Graphics:512 MB GeForce 220, Radeon 4550, Intel HD 3000 Graphics
DirectX®:9.0c
Hard Drive:4 GB HD space
Sound:DirectX Compatible Sound Card
Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection

LOL @ specs
This will work at 666 fps on modern gaming PCs. \m/ :D \m/

Haunted

fuck. yeah.

Amazing art design, awesome open world gameplay, brilliant soundtrack, funny dialogue, expressive characters, great cameos.

Top Bottom