• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bubblews Rumor: Fallout 4 shown behind closed doors at E3 (Releases 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kallor

Yeah, I'm pretty certain it will still be on these consoles. They want a chance at those Skyrim sales again.

A 2015 Bethesda game on ps3 and 360? Fucking yuck.

diamount

Banned
Could you elaborate?

Because of its shallow as hell combat
Lack of NPC awareness of defeating Alduin
Poor overall story
Broken mechanics
Horrendous UI for PC

But this makes sense anyway, they will release TSO in 2014 and won't want another high profile game eating into potential sales.

mnannola

WTF is the purpose of showing games behind closed doors?

"Hi, we know your job is to talk about games, so here is a game you cannot talk about!" Just doesn't make any sense.

Hope its not true..

2015 and current gen platforms? No thanks Bethesda, enough with the 360 and PS3! Move onto a new engine designed for next gen.

Skelter

Banned
2015?! :(((

GetOut.gif

Game of the generation!

Obsidian all the way. Fucking love Tim Cain.

Fallout_New_Vegas.jpg

It was a joke, but I do think games are better when they aren't just another sequel pumped out.

True but Fallout 2 AND New Vegas were released only a year after Fallout 1 and 3.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
45 minute long presentation with 37 seconds of footage? Feel kind of sorry for the people that went to that, sounds dead boring.
Sounds like the traditional Fallout teaser, slow pullback while random Ink Spots song plays.

JudgeB

Banned
Sorry, but not buying it. 55% complete but still 2.5 years out? Coming out on current gen in 2015? Ya, no, don't see this being legit at all...as much as I want Fallout 4.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Sounds like bullshit. Voice actors being hired past 55% development, etc., all sounds like someone who doesn't know how video games are made.

Trick_GSF

Banned
I am currently aching for Fallout news, and the desperate fanboy in me would pretty much believe anything at this point.

But not this. 2015 sounds too far off. A couple of years off a decade since Fallout 3.

Everything else sounds shady, too. And the "source" is trash.

1 minute teaser at the 2013 VGAs and a Fall 2014 release sounds about right. Any longer and I'm going to stop giving a shit.

GRW810

What I would do for a Wii U release. Inventory right there on the GamePad. Worst thing in 3 and NV was constantly going in and out of the menu.

For the technical ones of you, could the Wii U run 3 or NV?

If it's half done and still wont be out for over 2 years I bet it will be a monster game. I loved F3 and am really looking forward to this!

I just hope it's not scaled back on the PS4 to make the world run on PS3/360. They are probably just listing it on the older platforms as a fallback in case the next-gen userbase isn't high enough.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I saw Skyrim behind closed doors many years before it came out... not uncommon to see it in a real tech demo way, and then have it be worked on for a while after.

Not worried about it... rather have them take their time.

spirity

Fallout 4 is my most anticipated game. F3 was my game of this gen, Fallout 4 is almost a shoe-in for game of the next gen.

But I can't see these rumors being true. Some very shady info I feel.

n00bsauce

Banned
I don't see how this could still be released for current gen in October 2015. But I guess anything is possible. We should be converted by then

120v

2015?? cross gen?

please don't be true. i really thought i wouldn't have to wait beyond 2014. early 2015 at the latest. blehh

fred

This game NEEDS to be available for the Wii U. A Pip-Boy in the palm of your hands..? Instant Win with Awesome Sauce.

Brinbe

Pretty obvious they were gonna do the Commonwealth shit, but I just hope it's as compelling as New Vegas. Cross-gen in 2015 isn't helping things. Need an entirely new engine at this point, Beth.

Miletius

I'm not so sure about Fallout itself, but I don't see why people are dismissing the rumor out of hand because it's cross gen. Sounds like certain big publishers and developers might be hedging their bets and wedging against a slow start to next gen.

Narcosis

If there is a new Fallout coming I hope it doesn't crash constantly like Fallout 3 and New Vegas did. I couldn't finish either game because I got tired of having to deal with constantly opening the Task Manager to shut off the game every time it froze, which was most times I entered indoor environments.

i just dont buy this story. skyrim was released in late 2011. even if most of the skyrim team had been working on skyrim updates and dlc, the early planning of fallout 4 would've likely been conceived by skyrim's end. bethesda after all has a huge studio of developers working there, i cant imagine todd howard single handedly being left to start work on fallout 4. also according to this "leaked info" it claims fallout 4 is 55% done as of june 2013, if fallout 4 was started right after skyrim, that would've meant fallout 4 started development december of 2011 or january of 2012. that would give fallout 4 basically a year and a couple months (Dec 2011/Jan 2012-june 2013) of development to reach 55% completion. so why then does fallout 4 need another 2 years of development to be finished?? not to mention a new fallout game on next gen would be liken to when oblivion came to the 360 early on this in this current generation, it just wouldnt be a feasible game to down port to the past gen of consoles. so im doubting a ps3/360 release of a game like fallout 4 in 2015 on current gen.

my guess, a fallout 4 teaser will be shown at this years vga's just like skyrim at the 2010 vga's. then itll be out around the end of 2014.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Bethesda aims for a three-year dev cycle, so I don't buy this. Have no reason not to believe a fall 2014 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom