• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back launches October 31 with PS4 physical limited edition

if you clicked the link theres a second trailer.

Oh god...

When-Gabriel-Finds-Bob-Rotting-Severed-Leg.gif

It looks AWFUL!

Neiteio

This game should really go all-in with being awful. Not only would this honor the IP's legacy, but streamers would love torturing themselves playing it for laughs. In fact, I think I'd be more disappointed if it was actually good!

Knowing Black Forest Games(Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams) is developing this, I have a bit of faith that this will be better than expected.

After disappointing shows of games like Yooka-Leelee, we finally have a game that could surpass the best platformer of current generation.

Knack.

steveovig

For nostalgia sake, I will buy this. The criticism is unfair to me since it is up to the individual companies to release physical versions of games like sonic.

zeemumu

Not to be outdone by Matt's recent videogame work, Woolie has decided to reveal his own video game project.

Stay tuned for Pat's Persona-inspired game with tank controls.

Bulbasaur

Banned
I remember sliding around on the wooden water pipes but that's it. The promo art was great too. I still have no interest in this. I think it was Megadrive gamers who bought this, you know, because of the platforms lack of decent platformers? Ayooooooooooo

SkylineRKR

Being better than the previous titles in the Bubsy library is about the same as an adult successfully scoring a slam dunk on those tiny plastic basketball hoops they make for little kids.

But wasn't the first Bubsy rather well received? I didn't care much for it but I remember some good scores.

The second and Jaguar game were already worse and 3D murdered the franchise.

ArjanN

I know it's Bubsy but...do we know for a fact this is bad? What have the developers working on this done in the past?

It's by Black Forest Games, they made the new Giana Sisters game and Rogue Stormers. They just got picked up by THQ Nordiq.

It'll probably be a perfectly OK platformer.

Top Bottom