• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bugs are cute af. Spiders, centipedes, etc are awesome.

Xe4

Banned
Shit tier:
Centipedes can go fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck themselves. Garbage tier insects.
Cockroaches are garbage tier insects, they can die for all I care.
Wasps. Fucking wasps (see exception below). I got stung by a bunch as a kid. It sucked.
Ants can get fucked.

Meh Tier
Spiders are OK (depending on the type of spider).
Crickets and Grasshoppers. Sometimes they're great, sometimes they're awful.
Bees. Their stings suck but they mind their own business 99% of the time.

Great tier:
Millipedes are great, just walkin' around strutting their stuff. Too bad they track your skin.
Code:
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/a621dc5fc8b0c0321c8c1cb5f05ea16e/tumblr_n7nfdqTPj11rxyvj1o1_500.gif[/IMG]
Tarantula Hawk. Ok, yeah, they're wasps, but they're fucking badasses. I mean, they hunt tarantulas! Plus the way they make babies is metal as fuck:
The female tarantula hawk wasp stings and paralyzes a tarantula, then drags the prey to a specially prepared brooding nest, where a single egg is laid on the spider's abdomen, and the entrance is covered. Sex of the larvae is determined by fertilization; fertilized eggs produce females, while unfertilized eggs produce males.[3] When the wasp larva hatches, it creates a small hole in the spider's abdomen, then enters and feeds voraciously, avoiding vital organs for as long as possible to keep the spider alive. After several weeks, the larva pupates. Finally, the wasp becomes an adult and emerges from the spider's abdomen to continue the life cycle.
They'll generally leave you alone, so long as you don't fuck with them. Just don't fuck with them, apparently their sting is fucking awful. I remember them watching them take on tarantulas as a kid and betting on which one would win. It was usually the hawk.
2CM46W.gif

HAWK2_1459893643123_35572306_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Goat Tier:
Rolly Polly's bitches!
tumblr_or7y2c9HNL1rcaggdo1_500.gif

1egQjXa.gif

rolly-polly-2.jpg

Code:
[IMG]http://img09.deviantart.net/df0d/i/2012/147/d/9/rolly_polly_by_katt_lynn-d51bz2s.jpg[/IMG]
They're soooooo cute <3. I remember playing with them a bunch as a kid too. I accidentally killed one once and it sucked : ( I was thinking of the poor guy all day.

Deinopsis_subrufa_F3970.jpg

This spider's face triggers genuine dread inside me.

latest
Actually the insect world is really dark souls filled with bizarre creatures many times stronger than their own body weight and with an assortment of natural weapons and poisons. And we are fucking semi immortal giants that roam their alien world which they have to navigate around to prevent us from aggroing in which we let out a soul piecing screech before crushing them with some large object.

^that rolly thing. I remember messing with one as a kid and it was preggo... it released all of its babies because of fear I think :(

I felt bad.

zeemumu

There's nothing awesome about a centipede. You can make a case for spiders, but not centipedes. Those are blatant monsters.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Someone in that other spider thread posted a picture of a centiipede holding ITS eggs and I thought that was actually cute, then again I don't have much of a reaction to centipedes then to spiders, most likely cause they are very little where I live

Jedi2016

I was going to say that anything over six legs can get fucked, but Xe4 pointed out pill bugs, and those are cool.

Here's a genuine question for fellow arachnophobes: Are you affected by photographs of spiders, like in this thread? I'm not... it only triggers in person, I don't have any problem with photos or videos.

Kaban

Some insects are kind of disgusting, but also really cool and fascinating. I always want to drop by the bug house whenever I go to a zoo.

But holy shit, don't quote that ear gif ever again.

Centipedes can bugger off.

I like the rest. Cept mosquitoes. Fuck them.

I think wasps get some hate. They're pretty chill if you leave them alone. Worked at a place that had some nests outside, so there were wasps everywhere. They never bothered me and I walked outside daily. Just ignore em and they'll do you the same courtesy.

Plus they look wicked cool.

Shit tier:
Centipedes can go fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck themselves. Garbage tier insects.
Cockroaches are garbage tier insects, they can die for all I care.
Wasps. Fucking wasps (see exception below). I got stung by a bunch as a kid. It sucked.
Ants can get fucked.

Meh Tier
Spiders are OK (depending on the type of spider).
Crickets and Grasshoppers. Sometimes they're great, sometimes they're awful.
Bees. Their stings suck but they mind their own business 99% of the time.

Great tier:
Millipedes are great, just walkin' around strutting their stuff. Too bad they track your hands.

Goat Tier:
Rolly Polly's bitches!

Fun Fact: I think Rolly Polly/Pill Bugs are actually Isopods so more related to things like crabs then insects.

Another less fun fact when you think about it. Insects lack vocal cords so they have a mouth but cannot scream.

ExVicis

OP I'll agree with you on everything but centipedes. Ugh fuck Centipedes are horrid things.

Spiders are rad as fuck though.

Toxi

Banned
Deinopsis_subrufa_F3970.jpg

This spider's face triggers genuine dread inside me.
That's an ogre face spider. They're known for falling apart. For some ungodly reason, they don't preserve well in alcohol compared to other spiders. That contributes to them being incredibly rare in collections. And the alcohol makes their eyes a red color so they're fucking creepy looking.

Oh, and they do this

VpVpo37.gif

Insects and bugs are great.

But just keep them out I'd my place. Don't want to call any extermination crew or whatnot.

My home is my territory and no bug gets in. But outside is fine and I like watching them

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Try again.

Rare that a second post beats a meaningfully correct first post. But posters two and three knew what was up.

Also take my advice and don't provoke a Hawaiian centipede into biting you because you think the pain stories are exaggerated.

Buckle

Okay, I will admit jumping spiders can be pretty cute in the right light.

Pics of them usually get atleast an aww out of me.

Xe4

Banned
Fun Fact: I think Rolly Polly/Pill Bugs are actually Isopods so more related to things like crabs then insects.

Another less fun fact when you think about it. Insects lack vocal cords so they have a mouth but cannot scream.

I was referring to bugs (anything that is on land with an exoskeleton, really). If were not including insects, spiders or centipedes or millipedes (all arthropods) wouldn't be counted as insects either.

I guess if you were to only include hexopods, isopods wouldn't be counted but it doesn't matter because rolly polly's are so cool!

Ruuppa

The only bugs I have a slight problem with are (japanese) centipedes. They're way too fast and skittery, plus venomous.

Other than those, heck yeah bugs are cool!

Top Bottom