• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm PC to use GFWL

640157b.jpg

Trailer on Gametrailers also shows the GFWL logo on it, and BigDownload are saying Epic confirmed its used for the PC version.

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/12...-edition-revealed-games-for-windows-live-sup/

Update: Epic Games has confirmed to Big Download that the PC port of Bulletstorm is indeed a Games For Windows Live title.

I can only hope that the current state of GFWL to when this comes out will be completely different (they haven't updated the in-game client significantly in ages, what are they working on other than the marketplace ?).

(._.)

Banned
Are they purposefully trying to piss PC gamers off or something? because I can't possibly see why they are still doing this....

Not 100% sure but since this is EA, it might also be sold at $60 (as opposed to $50 standard..err, old standard thanks to Activision and EA).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
(._.) said:
Is this a meme?
More like a joke from years ago.

Game never looked very good in the first place. I won't give a shit about anything Epic releases unless it's a proper Unreal Tournament 4.

Bossniak

I never had problems with GFWL. Woot.

Halo 2, Gears of War, Bioshock 2 . Red Faction, Batman. No trouble installing or anything wrong with GFWL.

Rainier

(._.) said:
Is this a meme?
When used for sarcasm, for a really silly, insignificant reason.
GFW Live is a pretty legit reason though, it's harder to find friends online than with something like Steam.

akskiller said:
I never had problems with GFWL. Woot.

Halo 2, Gears of War, Bioshock 2 . Red Faction, Batman. No trouble installing or anything wrong with GFWL.

Same here - I actually have made it a point to pick up the PC versions that have GFW Live and none of them have had trouble.

Well, except the club. But sega fucked up on that one. There's a lot of bad activation codes and you have to call them to get a working one sent to you if you have one of the bad copies.

I don't understand what the problem is or if its just typcial anti-MS rage in effect here.

Games like Dead Rising 2, dawn of war 2, and Fallout 3 have had GFWL and been available on steam.

Mrbob

If that is trolling, then explain why Epic is releasing the game with GFWL in the face of everyone else supporting Steamworks.

Epic putting politics ahead of what PC gamers want.

epmode said:
How many years late is this post?

True that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mrbob said:
I guess Epic is officially becoming MS bitch.
Just echoing everyone else on the fact that this has been the case forever, but allowing mods on the PS3 version of UT3 was a pretty awesome decision, instead of being stupid and keeping it consistent across the board and limited by MS's iron grip on downloadable content. Stuff like Infinity Blade still gives me a glint of hope that Epic will start making amazing games again one day.

tl;dr where is UT4

Mrbob said:
If that is trolling, then explain why Epic is releasing the game with GFWL in the face of everyone else supporting Steamworks.

Epic putting politics ahead of what PC gamers want.

True that.

Unless you have a reason to believe that epic is somehow coerced into using GFWL for this game your point is invalid.

You're also jumping to conclusions. Many GFWL games are available on Steam.

Having achievments and GFWL features in addition to Steam hurts the game how, exactly?

WEGGLES

Metalic Sand said:
GFWL isn't that bad. : /
It's annoying and unnecessary given the existence of Steam.

Steam does what gfwl does but better, so why not use that?

Money... but inconveniencing fans for $$$ sets a bad precedent

bhlaab

Not really looking forward to any sort of multiplayer (does this game even have mp?) and if it can't authenticate I wouldn't feel too bad about cracking a game I legitimately paid for.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I've always found gfwl to just be a strange sluggish clusterfuck that's haunts you during it's update process. If they somehow fix the client, make it more steam like, especially when it comes to game updates then I won't have an issue with using gfwl.

Nothing like having the game loaded in the background while a bar sits there barely moving or giving you any feedback as to if it's downloading and applying the patch.

So good.

WEGGLES

evlcookie said:
I've always found gfwl to just be a strange sluggish clusterfuck that's haunts you during it's update process. If they somehow fix the client, make it more steam like, especially when it comes to game updates then I won't have an issue with using gfwl.

Nothing like having the game loaded in the background while a bar sits there barely moving or giving you any feedback as to if it's downloading and applying the patch.

So good.
I had to update/restart 5 times for GTA IV.
Fucking why? Update in the background. Put the updates into one patch. Jesus christ. Basic shit.

wormstrangler said:
PC gamers would rather it have Steamworks support instead. I'm one of them.

the majority of epic's fanbase at this moment in time is more familiar with live achievements and a live friends list.

There's no reason for them not to support GFWL.

Does anyone have proof that MS pays people to use GFWL?
Cause I would think that it's more likely that Epic has to pay MS a licensing fee for use of their servers, their client, and their advertising structure.

Top Bottom