• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Weekly Update 07/16/10: You Can Haz Hype Now

ManCannon said:
Hey tomorrow is Friday and Urk is still out of the office tending to diapers! I'm back at the helm (with some help from Luke) and I'm going to go ahead and semi-scoop myself...

Tomorrow's update will have a ridiculously huge Q&A with Chris Opdahl (he answered basically every question that was asked of him), I'm going to acknowledge the RvB video with some insightful tidbits, obligatory latest status of the project and team, show off some new treats coming your way via Reach AND... wait for it... drop exactly 66 new screenshots into the body of the update. Probably even drop another achievement detail or two into the mix as well.

And the Comic-con panel is just a week from today which will yield new info and a plethora of media capture and screens...then a big megaton not too much further out with the fruits of this week's big media preview visit... I can haz hype now?

-DREAM MAKER
And some other things.

Click here.

I think I'm hyperventilating right now, goddamnit Bungie!
InlineArmory.jpg

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Cuban Legend said:
I think I'm hyperventilating right now, goddamnit Bungie!
http://www.bungie.net/images/News/Inline10/BWU_071610/InlineArmory.jpg[/img ][/QUOTE]

Fucking A.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Huge fucking update, I'll have to read it later when I can set 3 hours aside to take it all in :lol

ManCannon

OMG FIRST PAGE!

AND OMG 5 HOURS TO BEAT FIRST MISSION 2-PLAYER LEGENDARY CO-OP WITH ALL SKULLZ LOLOLOL

edit: OMG I've got tendonitis in my wrist from all the scrolling

ManCannon said:
OMG FIRST PAGE!

AND OMG 5 HOURS TO BEAT FIRST MISSION 2-PLAYER LEGENDARY CO-OP WITH ALL SKULLZ LOLOLOL

edit: OMG I've got tendonitis in my wrist from all the scrolling
I want to play the campaign NOW.

Darthbob – Dude, resize that picture. Holy crap.

Roche

I was confused by the people at the end of the picture for a second I now realize it's firefight voice option, here's me thinking we'll be running around as Cortana :lol. I'm so definitely going to choose the chief.

That said, here are some of the acronyms that are likely to show up in a lot of people's favorites:: TotS, LNoS, Ex, NA, LW (and another that would give away too much if I acronym-ized the title).
The only meaningful/spoilerific acronym that crosses my mind right now is J-117?

Chris: Let's see, favorite levels from the previous Halo games: Halo 1 - Silent Cartographer, Truth and Reconciliation, Attack on the Control Room :: Halo 2 - Outskirts, Delta Halo :: Halo 3 - The Ark, The Covenant :: ODST Uplift Reserve.
This bodes well. :D

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.

soldat7 said:
Firefight skin, most likely.

Yeah I think so.

I can't be a normal permutation, otherwise all the kids online...:lol

Great update.

I don't remember exactly who said that the 66 screenshots were going to be put together in a single one, but he nailed it :lol

The hologram seems fantastic, and the hints at how the AI works are getting me really excited for campaign and firefight.

Gui_PT

Loved the update, great read.

I was expecting something completely different with the screenshots. Pretty cool though.

Ajemsuhgao said:
http://www.bungie.net/images/News/Inline10/BWU_071610/NobleSixHelmet.jpg[/IM]

Wait, so, ONLY those attending Comi-con, PAX, and GamesCon get this?[/QUOTE]
awww :(

I'd like to formally request anyone in attendance at any of those events would please be generous enough to part with their Noble 6 Helmet code.

Holy fucking shit.

Hoooly fucking shit.

Spartan armor effects like lightning?

Pressing RB to hold your altitude in a Falcon?

That Armory shot.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

Gui_PT

Cuban Legend said:
awww :(

I'd like to formally request anyone in attendance at any of those events would please be generous enough to part with their Noble 6 Helmet code.

I got 2nd...dibbs? If that's a term.

I have a feeling I'll be using the Hologram many times :D

darthbob

Gui_PT said:

I was expecting something completely different with the screenshots. Pretty cool though.

67 screenshots total if you don't count the avatar ones.

Looking forward to my PAX adventure though. If it's anything like last year though, I'll be knee deep in those codes. (M+F codes on one cardboard)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Gui_PT said:

Yeah, total copout on "67 screens". Should've known better, dream crushed. Then again, he never said individual screens.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
darthbob said:
4tKU5.jpg

...what the fuck?

Edit: o hai Nathan.

Edit Deuces: Firefight voices at the bottom by my estimation.

Yeah, and the green mist, and blue lightning bolts are probably armor effects.

Anyone have a clue what the skull and crossbone things might be?

Edit: Dirts theory is what I was thinking too, but what would the heart one be?

zumphry

Banned
Day one Armory stuff looks great, and keeps my hopes up for Marathon/Security helmet, since that image doesn't show the Mark V and Mark VI helmets which we know are in due to various videos/Bungie Day video. :D

Rest of the Multiplayer-only Achievements are great, and with that I just know that the Challenges will be great.

Talk of New Blood Gulch being better than ever is awesome, and I can't wait to see what's "beyond the canyon".

But no belt option in Armory makes me sad (unless Utility lets us have Halo 1 belt pouches). And I have a feeling that "Armor Effect" is either what happens when you die, or when you respawn (or both).

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like the ones with the skulls are death effects and the ones with Noble Six are probably respawn effects.

Oh, and where's Forge?

GOTF/BWUOTF

Alienshogun said:
but what would the heart one be?

In ODST there's an Easter Egg (It's Siege of Madrigal) of Marty dancing around, on Legendary it has those hearts with wings flying around him. That's probably what it is.

ManCannon

Plywood said:
Yeah, total copout on "67 screens". Should've known better, dream crushed. Then again, he never said individual screens.

The armory image was 63 individual screenshots I took from the armory menu screens and then cut out to paste into a poster. Figured it would ultimately be a lot more user-friendly than 63 vertical in-line images.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hydranockz said:
Holy fucking shit.

Hoooly fucking shit.

Spartan armor effects like lightning?

Pressing RB to hold your altitude in a Falcon?

That Armory shot.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!
THIS. THIS. THIS.

ARMOR EFFECT AND UTILITY FTW. CANT WAIT FOR NEXT THURSDAY AHHH

/caps.

darthbob said:
4tKU5.jpg

...what the fuck?

Edit: o hai Nathan.

Edit Deuces: Firefight voices at the bottom by my estimation.

1st column, 8th row. The 'green mist armor effect'. I'm guessing it's what the zombies will have by default.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
ManCannon said:
The armory image was 63 individual screenshots I took from the armory menu screens and then cut out to paste into a poster. Figured it would ultimately be a lot more user-friendly than 63 vertical in-line images.
Yeah, I noticed. But everyone was expecting 67 different screens from campaign/multiplayer, I'm sure. :p

GhaleonEB

Cuban Legend said:
I thought it would be Grunt Birthday Party on the people we kill? :(
Those are all screenshots from the Armory, so I'm guessing the confetti and the hearts with skull and crossbones are "armor effects", which can be applied to yourself. Perhaps "headshot effects" which are only enabled in certain gametypes (custom games, for instance).

Also: thanks for the shout out and answer to my question, Chris. Look forward to seeing what you've cooked up. :D
Plywood said:
Yeah, I noticed. But everyone was expecting 67 different screens from campaign/multiplayer, I'm sure. :p
Ah, the benefits of keeping expectations in check. :p

ManCannon

Plywood said:

Actually, technically speaking, the screenshot depicting hologram in the canyon was actually three screenshots I had to take and composite together to demonstrate the effect.

Thursday will make good on some of your original expectations. I can't even remember how many screens I gave out for that stuff but it's probably way more than I should have.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Foxy Fox 39 said:
So who else is excited about the EVA helmet?

I don't know what the one was in the screen shot closer to the top, but it's going to look sexy with Legendary fire armor effects!

Top Bottom