• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King Debuting New Fries

Status
Not open for further replies.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Can't improve perfection:
fries_large.jpg

absolutely.

I remember how they made a huge marketing campaign over "new fries" in '98... and they sucked so bad they quietly went back to their old fries a month later.

Hope this time is better.

But they still can't beat Harvey's or Lick's. (In Canada, anyway.)

BK kept the new fries till now.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
vU8DQ.jpg

Fuddruckers fries used to all be like the dark, heavily seasoned ones in the middle. Now you'll be lucky to find one or two of the seasoned ones out of a batch of a dozen fries.

I really liked BK fries. The only thing they could've done that would make me happier was seasoned fries and they have failed. I guess there's still j in the b.

People, shockingly, have different tastes. I also loved the old BK fries and this news worries me tremendously.

I mean, it's not like I ever eat there because I can't stand any of their other food except their little pies, but their french fries were some of my favorites.

Log4Girlz

I really liked BK fries. The only thing they could've done that would make me happier was seasoned fries and they have failed. I guess there's still j in the b.

Are you talking about Jack in the Box? I don't think they have any here in south floriday, I've never had them.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
How do you make it thicker and crisper?

McDonalds have it nailed, I live how they feel they can't just copy them and actually went the opposite way with thicker. Good effort BK.

I know a lot of idiots in the UK who somehow prefer BK fries over McDs - imbeciles!

Now one company that badly needs to update its fries is KFC - what the fuck colonel sanders get with the game man!!!

Log4Girlz

How do you make it thicker and crisper?

McDonalds have it nailed, I live how they feel they can't just copy them and actually went the opposite way with thicker. Good effort BK.

I know a lot of idiots in the UK who somehow prefer BK fries over McDs - imbeciles!

Now one company that badly needs to update its fries is KFC - what the fuck colonel sanders get with the game man!!!

They serve fries in the UK? We have potato wedges in the US, which ultimately are superior to all other fries except Checker's and Miami Subs.

No love for Nathan's crinkle-cut? I fucking loved them when I was in the states. No sauce, healthy salt sprinkling, crispy edges. Yum.

Booo-urns to this. Burger king fries are work of the gods and i choose them above Mcd's floopy wimp fries every time. Dissapointed with this move

Vyrance

Has anyone actually tried them yet? When do they start rolling out?

We've had them down here in Florida for a couple months now. But Burger King is a Florida thing, so maybe we just get them first. I love the new fries compared to the old ones. Definitely a lot thicker, almost like steak fries.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
They serve fries in the UK? We have potato wedges in the US, which ultimately are superior to all other fries except Checker's and Miami Subs.

Yeah wedges are good and seem a lot harder to get wrong. But what I love to do at KFC is wrap the fries up in any spare skin and dip it all in gravy - amazing. I worship KFC's gravy.

Honestly KFC with McDonalds fries would be perfect.

Irish

We've had them down here in Florida for a couple months now. But Burger King is a Florida thing, so maybe we just get them first. I love the new fries compared to the old ones. Definitely a lot thicker, almost like steak fries.

If I wanted to taste potatoes, I'd actually order it another form that is supposed to be really potato-y like mashed potatoes or a baked potato. :D

Magni

Lower salt in food is the next wave that is sweeping America. Even though to my knowledge, studies on the effects of sodium in the diet are inconclusive at best.

Really..? (Honest question, I always thought the link with high blood pressure was fully established).

So goddamn good. I love that they sell them in the frozen section now! McDonald's old fries were on par.

Maybe it was my fryer, but the frozen ones didn't seem as good to me. Not as much flavor.

I am rather excited to see BK change their fries up. They were atrocious. Almost Pringlesesque in their artificiality.

I strongly disagree with those that heap scorn on the new Wendys fries. They're edible at worst and fucking amazing at best.

FyreWulff

Burger King fries were just fine before. don't see why they're doing this.

I like both McD and BK fries, for the record. But I did like how salty/crunchy BKs were. Plus, bonus onion ring.

Had a new fries poutine yesterday. It still tasted good. It ended up being more food because they stacked the fries like a log pile, unlike the 'pick up sticks' nest of the old fries. Super filling.

What is in the coating exactly?

Coating used by their fries and many other fast food ones are basically a starch coating that gives them a crispier exterior. Some places put it on heavily on their fries making them almost seem battered exterior. Checkers/Rally fries also have such a coating (though spiced) as you can see above in pics where they come off with a bumpy almost smooth texture on the outside of the fry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom