• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King to roll out Impossible Whopper nationwide.

CyberPanda

Banned
CNN

The Impossible Whopper is supposed to taste just like Burger King's regular Whopper. Unlike veggie burgers, Impossible burger patties are designed to mimic the look and texture of meat when cooked. The plant protein startup recently revealed a new recipe, designed to look and taste even more like meat. That version is being used in Burger King's Impossible Whoppers.

The company plans to expand to more markets "in the very near future" before making the sandwich available nationally by the end of the year. Burger King had about 7,300 US locations at the close of last year.

I've tried faux meat burgers before, and they'll never ever replace the real thing.

HUELEN10

This is good and I welcome it (so long as they don’t call it meat), but BK could do some simple moves right now to make things so much better for them...

Like replace their rock hard chicken tenders with non-spicy Popeyes ones since you know they’re the same company and all.

Like, I see what they are trying to do, but they already have cards they can play yet they don’t play them. Instead of trying to be someone else or McDonald's (BK CAFE LOL), use the aresenal you already got.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
This is good and I welcome it (so long as they don’t call it meat), but BK could do some simple moves right now to make things so much better for them...

Like replace their rock hard chicken tenders with non-spicy Popeyes ones since you know they’re the same company and all.

Like, I see what they are trying to do, but they already have cards they can play yet they don’t play them. Instead of trying to be someone else or McDonald's (BK CAFE LOL), use the aresenal you already got.
Now, I'm hungry. Thanks HUELEN.

Dunki

I honestly it is fucking stupid to go to a burger place which smells of fucking meat to eat something that has no meat or animal products in it... WTF Its like going to a BBQ and demanding to put your Tofu sausages on there. FUCK NO. Go away. Sometimes things are not for everyone.

This is totally my opinion. Sadly only in German^^

Last edited:

Falcs

Banned
I honestly it is fucking stupid to go to a burger place which smells of fucking meat to eat something that has no meat or animal products in it... WTF Its like going to a BBQ and demanding to put your Tofu sausages on there. FUCK NO. Go away. Sometimes things are not for everyone.

It's not stupid at all to someone who really likes the whopper but doesn't want to eat meat. Like myself.
No vegetarian is going to go to a Burger King unless they like and want one of their veggie food options. Just like you wouldn't go to a vegetarian restaurant and ask for a steak.

I really hope this is successful. I love whoppers but don't like meat.

Dunki

It's not stupid at all to someone who really likes the whopper but doesn't want to eat meat. Like myself.
No vegetarian is going to go to a Burger King unless they like and want one of their veggie food options. Just like you wouldn't go to a vegetarian restaurant and ask for a steak.

I really hope this is successful. I love whoppers but don't like meat.
So you like tomatoes, salad and a bun? Really?

Fox Mulder

The reason this was created was to lessen the use of meat by tasting close enough for people to not care. It's not really created for vegans.

Last edited:

Dunki

The reason this was created was to lessen the use of meat by tasting close enough for people to not care. It's not really created for vegans.
Which I am sorry but makes no sense. I never get it how you need something that looks and tastes like meat as a vegan. WHY? I have seen recipes even recreated the red blood. WHY?

Fujan

Not too long ago I had a veggie chicken burger form McDonalds, didn't buy it myself, but it tasted surprisingly like the real thing. If it wasn't specified on the box I wouldn't have known tbh.

lock2k

Banned
Which I am sorry but makes no sense. I never get it how you need something that looks and tastes like meat as a vegan. WHY? I have seen recipes even recreated the red blood. WHY?

It's like lesbian who say they don't need men but use dildos. Never understood the logic. If you don't need men, why mimic the fucking organ? lmao

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
I eat McDonalds pretty regularly may be once or twice a month and a few months ago thier meat changed slightly and I was just thinking how crazy would it be if they just popped up next week said "Hey bye the way you have all been eating fake meat for the last 3 months".

People would freak out and it would be hilarious

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've tried faux meat burgers before, and they'll never ever replace the real thing.
steve-jobs-vs-bill-gates-7-638.jpg

Seriously OP - "never ever" is a pretty short sighted statement.

Falcs

Banned
Because some people like the taste of food that has meat in it, but don't want to eat meat..
How does that not make sense?
It's not rocket science.

It's like lesbian who say they don't need men but use dildos. Never understood the logic. If you don't need men, why mimic the fucking organ? lmao
Lol.. Ok then, by that logic, no gay man should ever insert his penis into anything ever then.
Why mimic the female organ?

Last edited:

Dunki

Because some people like the taste of food that has meat in it, but don't want to eat meat..
How does that not make sense?
It's not rocket science.
When you even recreate the blood of the meat with beetroot than it does not make any sense anymore. And yes you can eat the food with meat in it without meat. but why does it have to look like meat? To me that is ridiculous

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I haven't tried the Impossible Burger, but I've tried the Beyond Burger because they sell it at my grocery store. It is a bit pricey though for how much they say that they're reducing the footprint.

The Beyond Burger is extremely good.

From what I understand is that the Impossible Burger is better. I'd say give it a whirl. Nothing to lose except for a meal for a night.

Falcs

Banned
When you even recreate the blood of the meat with beetroot than it does not make any sense anymore. And yes you can eat the food with meat in it without meat. but why does it have to look like meat? To me that is ridiculous
Yeah I'll admit, that is a bit strange. Personally, making vegan/vegetarian food look like meat adds nothing for me. But tasting like it is definitely a good thing.
I think maybe it's for people who are trying to give up meat but still struggle with it. Maybe having it look like it makes it easier..

CyberPanda

Banned
Yeah I'll admit, that is a bit strange. Personally, making vegan/vegetarian food look like meat adds nothing for me. But tasting like it is definitely a good thing.
I think maybe it's for people who are trying to give up meat but still struggle with it. Maybe having it look like it makes it easier..
Have you ever tried Beyond Meat?

Falcs

Banned

CyberPanda

Banned
Yeah I have. I've had it here - https://www.lordofthefries.com.au/menu/veggie-burgers/beyond-meat/. It's not bad. But I had it in a burger that didn't have a lot of extra fillings so I could really taste it, and I found it tasted a little too real for me. I don't actually like the taste of meat. When I used to eat it, it had to be very seasoned or drenched in sauce/marinate so I couldn't taste it so much.
Fair enough. You could always make your own veggie burgers, theres tons of recipes online, and they don't taste like meat. Which you'd prefer.

Top Bottom