• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy 2 get 1 free on all Wii U games at Target (Sept 22 - 28)

Hi guys. Is Target selling these at $60? Because on Amazon these games (except Rayman) are at $45 - $50, which makes this a less good deal.

noquarter

Hi guys. Is Target selling these at $60? Because on Amazon these games (except Rayman) are at $45 - $50, which makes this a less good deal.
Yes, but if you want 3 games, this is still better.

Got Pikmin, Wonderful 101 and Disney Infinity. Put Infinity up for Christmas for my daughter, but really enjoying the other two.

Don't know if this was posted but Emily Rogers was tweeting about Ubisoft support last night:

3 things. 3DS firmware is no longer coming October. Wii U firmware update is sooner than you think. Wii U owners need to buy Ubisofts games
I'm dead serious about the third thing too. Based on what I'm hearing, if you want Ubisoft to support Wii U, you better support their stuff.

I mean, this is obvious, but it's still interesting to hear. I'm sure Rayman Legends is selling decently enough but Splinter Cell pretty much got screwed because barely any stores were carrying the Wii U version. I hope Watch Dogs does decently on the console. I'd hate to only get the games aimed at the younger audience. Rayman is awesome, but I want everything.

jtkauff

Picked up The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, and Disney Infinity yesterday, two for me, one for my son. Was pleasantly surprised by by the levels of stock left - NSMB was sold out, Pikmin and Disney Infinity had just 1 copies left after I got mine, and W101 had 2. Rayman looked to only have 2 copies left as well. While I'm sure that Wii U games aren't stocked super-heavily, the sold out/near sold out stock levels seem somewhat promising going forward.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I wouldn't say anything is super promising right now.
The Nov/Dec sales period will be the pivitol turning point one way or another I imagine. If you can't create and monetize demand then, you never will.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Just brought home a Wind Waker bundle and Zombi U. I'm probably going to jump on this deal soon, but I haven't been following Wii U game prices at all so I wanted to run my choices by GAF first before picking up anything that might be on sale somewhere else. :p Looking at these 5 games that retail for $60 normally (I think?)...

Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Nintendo Land
New Super Mario Bros. U
Rayman Legends

I'm leaning more towards W101, Pikmin, and Nintendo Land since I can always grab Rayman Legends on PC. Sounds good?
Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3 (with wii remote and nunchuk)
and Rayman are a better way to go IMO

Doing the Murphy missions without the gamepad honestly is kinda awful.

twelver

Was unable to get target to price match amazon and do this deal... Like others have claimed. Amazon prices make this deal less attractive.

I don't know what to get. I want Wonderful 101 and Rayman Legends for sure but I don't know what else? I already have Pikmin 3, NSMBU, Luigi U, ZombiU, and Nintendoland.

Metallix87

Ended up getting Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, and Disney Infinity. Held off on both Injustice and Rayman in the hopes that they drop in price leading up to Black Friday.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Managed to take advantage of this to buy Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends and Pikmin 3 for my brother-in-law. Of course, he's about to have a baby, so I wonder if he'll ever get around to playing them.

Roo

I wouldn't say anything is super promising right now.
The Nov/Dec sales period will be the pivitol turning point one way or another I imagine. If you can't create and monetize demand then, you never will.

Nintendo better start promoting the shit out of the Wii U for this Holiday season because if they don't live up to expectations, someone is gonna be in trouble.

Metallix87

Nintendo better start promoting the shit out of the Wii U for this Holiday season because if they don't live up to expectations, someone is gonna be in trouble.

Indeed. Nintendo more or less has two shots left to save the Wii U: This Holiday season, and in the Spring when Mario Kart and Smash Bros. both launch. For the sake of the system, let's hope they take advantage of both opportunities.

Jumpman23

I went last weekend and grabbed W101, Rayman and Disney Infinity.

For those that bought Infinity, be sure to open the box. I got home to find the Wii version inside the sealed box. Target exchanged it no problem and told me it was a manufacturing issue and that they had had many returns due to this error.

Top Bottom