• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 3 | Read the OP, and Prepare to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Istaerion

Paypal says the seller hasn't accepted my payment yet so I assume it's gonna get cancelled

I encountered the same thing, however, I noticed the recipient of the payment is unverified by PayPal.

Something is definitely not right, so I cancelled the transaction.

It's not a question of legit as much as "Will someone eat the cost to honor it"

which on ebay, is, as flandy said... .512%
since it's a personal seller and not say, amazon.

Also an issue now. 2 irl friends couldn't do it.

I don't shop on eBay a lot, but I'm assuming that sellers have the choice to just tell everyone to fuck off and reject payment, right? If it's a mistake, they're not obligated to honor it.

The other stuff he is selling is dirt cheap as well and they are normally high priced electronics... I don't know if I trust this. It straight up won't let me buy it anyway so it's not even an option for me. Keeps giving me this message, "We were not able to process your PayPal payment."

Flandy

The other stuff he is selling is dirt cheap as well and they are normally high priced electronics... I don't know if I trust this. It straight up won't let me buy it anyway so it's not even an option for me. Keeps giving me this message, "We were not able to process your PayPal payment."

I ordered the SSD and when I add his other stuff to my cart I get the following
> The item you've selected was not added to your cart.
>You are currently winning or have bought the maximum allowable amount of this seller's items in the last 10 days.

Buy a bunch of them and sell them here at BST

Take one for the team, Strangelove.

Lol.
Actually, I just got a shipping email for the SSD.
I wonder what happens now. I'm not going to feel ok til I actually have it in my hands and it actually works. I never get lucky with things like these.

Soulflarz

Banned
My order says it was shipped too despite me cancelling the payment. It's a dud auction, and there's many signs pointing to shady business.

I wouldn't be surprised if I see account attacks soon on my email address and PayPal.

Totally a dud auction like the wii u's
but...attack on account?

You all worry too much, I didn't change my password for 5 years and it was a leak that got my password taken eventually.
So yeah, nothings going to happen.

My order says it was shipped too despite me cancelling the payment. It's a dud auction, and there's many signs pointing to shady business.

I wouldn't be surprised if I see account attacks soon on my email address and PayPal.

Yeah. The other stuff the person is selling also has ridiculous prices attached.
I probably shouldn't have bothered.

Flandy

25696961463_546bda3d52_b.jpg

Well this isn't creepy at all

Istaerion

Totally a dud auction like the wii u's
but...attack on account?

You all worry too much, I didn't change my password for 5 years and it was a leak that got my password taken eventually.
So yeah, nothings going to happen.

Oh, I'm not worried for my account, but I do expect emails regarding suspicious login attempts or forgotten password claims. At the very least, a ton of spam to an otherwise clean account.

Something was clearly meant to be gained with this, and it sure wasn't good will.

Well if someone wants to buy one of the SSDs for me I will pay you $5 dollars more for your trouble as well as shipping costs. It just won't let me order one no matter how many times I try. :/

Flandy

Oh, I'm not worried for my account, but I do expect emails regarding suspicious login attempts or forgotten password claims. At the very least, a ton of spam email to an otherwise clean account.

Something was clearly meant to be gained with this, and it sure wasn't good will.

I use a password generated by a password manager so I'm rather confident they wouldn't be able to get in
At least I hope so

Friggz

i canceled my order...im going to be pretty pissed if it ends up being legit. lol.

hope everyone that ordered one gets it. make a post in this thread if you ended up getting one.

Maybe not the best place to ask this but I'm not sure where I should, does gamestop sell gamecube games?

Gamestop.com sells them but there isn't a great selection.

However, I was told by a GameStop manager that select stores will start taking Gamecube trades at some point and then they will start selling them in stores.

Chairhome

Feel free to let me know if I'm expecting too much for these. Trying to upgrade. Note that these cannot be in SLI together, different cards.
EVGA GTX 560 - $60 shipped
Xxj9s0Sl.jpg

GIGABYTE GTX 560Ti - $70 shipped
(stock pic cause I don't want to remove it from my PC right now)
14-125-401-02.jpg

Zaheer

WTS (PayPal)

$50 PlayStation Store Credit (2 available) - $45 each

550002b1.jpg

$50 Steam Gift Cards (3 available) - $45 each

770038b1.jpg

$50 Nintendo eShop Gift Cards (3 available) - $43.50 each

770017b.jpg

$50 Apple iTunes Gift Card (2 available) - $43.50 each

105875b2.jpg

toneroni

For Sale:
Paypal gift or cover fees please. Neogaf plus seller and great feedback everywhere (cag/heatware/ebay/amazon)

Wii u - Black 32gb Deluxe bundle with Nintendoland and all accessories
$165+ship

3DSxl - Blue/Black Mario Kart 7 version with it preinstalled and not attached to my account. Low firmware so easy to hack.
$80+ship

Playstation Vita - White 1000 OLED
SOLD

SFV PSN Digital Code
$35

Only trades i'm looking for are XBox One. CE editions like FFXV, FE Fates or Masterpiece Transformers or 3P.

Tons of classic PS2/360 games so hit me up if you're looking for any.
Will post them in a bit.

Also can get 20% off new releases at Amazon or Best Buy!

Ibuki

Banned
WTS

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Code - $15

Game of Thrones Seasons 1-4
UV codes - $10 per ($30 for the bundle)

PM me if you are interested in anything, accepting PayPal payments.

For Sale:
Paypal gift or cover fees please. Neogaf plus seller and great feedback everywhere (cag/heatware/ebay/amazon)

Wii u - Black 32gb Deluxe bundle with Nintendoland and all accessories
$165+ship

3DSxl - Blue/Black Mario Kart 7 version with it preinstalled and not attached to my account. Low firmware so easy to hack.
$80+ship

Playstation Vita - White 1000 OLED
SOLD

SFV PSN Digital Code
$35

Only trades i'm looking for are XBox One. CE editions like FFXV, FE Fates or Masterpiece Transformers or 3P.

Tons of classic PS2/360 games so hit me up if you're looking for any.
Will post them in a bit.

Also can get 20% off new releases at Amazon or Best Buy!

PMed.

Soulflarz

Banned
the scammer closes their account and makes off with all the money
eBay/PayPal refunds the buyer out of their own pockets
next quarter sellers get their fees raised

capitalism

And this is why selling on GAF>selling on ebay

on that note I think people forget when pricing stuff here that "I could make a little more on ebay!" doesn't actually apply in the slightest

So I got an eBay email telling me that I bought from a compromised account and that the transaction was canceled, but now I have a pending charge on PayPal I can't do anything about.

So I got an eBay email telling me that I bought from a compromised account and that the transaction was canceled, but now I have a pending charge on PayPal I can't do anything about.

I would call ebay support immediately they close at 10:00pm PT. I am on the phone with them right now getting a refund.

I still have some codes available, 40+ positive seller feedback. PM me if you're interested.

WTS

8 $20 PSN Gift Cards

FOR

$18 PayPal each (Friends & Family)

WTS:

Digital movie codes

Some of those movies were purchased used so I'm not sure if the codes still work. Because of that, I'll send them before payment so you can try them.

Ex Machina - UV -$2
Watchmen Collectors Edition - UV/Flixster (I don't know the difference) - $6
No country for old men - UV - $4
Safe House - UV/iTunes - $2
Snow White and the Huntsman - UV/iTunes - $2
American Sniper - UV - $4
Game of Thrones Season 1 - UV/iTunes - $8
Game of Thrones Season 3 - UV/iTunes - $10

Games
- Monster Hunter Portable 3rd for PSP complete (Japanese language but can be patched to English and played on moded PSP) -$9
- Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep for PSP - $9
- Soul Sacrifice for PS Vita complete (Chinese with english voice and text) - $9
- Valkyria Chronicles for PS3 complete - $8
- Heavy Rain Directors cut for PS3 complete -$10
- Danganronpa Ultra despair girls for PS Vita complete -$27
- Metal Gear Solid 4 for PS3 complete - $4

Movies/Shows
- Deathnote the complete series (still sealed) - $29

Shipping, if applicable, is not included. Please send me a PM if you're interested in something and we can go from there (prices are not firm). Before sale I'll make sure to take multiple pictures of the item so that you know exactly what you're gonna get.
Shipping only within the US. I'm located in Alaska.

tbro777

Neo Member
My kid has a pair of those cat hear headphones they want to sell. Thought I'd see if there was anybody interested in these. They've only been used a couple times. The reason for selling them is that they seem to be incompatible with iphones, tried them on a 5c and a 6 and both times when you plug them in Siri pops up and you can't get it to go away. Works fine on my android and with game consoles. They really seem like good headphones, I'm no audiophile but they seem no different than the beats i had before, and the ears are speakers and they are pretty loud. here's a stock pic. I'll see if I can get a pic of the actual item. My kid says they are still like new and still have the original box. Looking for $110 shipped. Paypal only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom