• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy XCOM 2 on Consoles, Get $10 Best Buy Gift Card

Luke_Wal

XCOM 2 released on consoles today! You wouldn't know, because 2K is essentially stealth releasing it, but yes, it's out today!

Best Buy is doing a promotion (until Saturday, presumably, because it's in their weekly ad) where you receive a $10 Best Buy gift card with your purchase, both online and in-store. Of course, this also stacks with GCU, giving you a $48 game with a $10 gift card. For those on the fence, maybe this sways you.

Impressions seem to be that performance is about on-par with the PS3/360 versions of Enemy Unknown, so certainly nothing spectacular, but good enough to experience the game.

Ashtar

I'm debating whether to buy this now or not, I love Xcom but those turn limits have me scared also I might buy digital so I can play with my cousin

Corpekata

Banned
I'm debating whether to buy this now or not, I love Xcom but those turn limits have me scared also I might buy digital so I can play with my cousin

The turn stuff is way overblown, I would not let that deter you from it, it's a great game.

Rizific

I started this game last week on pc because I saw the thread announcing that it's coming to consoles. Idk how I slept on this series. Fan-fucking-tastic game.
As a xcom newbie, I've only done 1 mission so far where the turn limit felt like it was a bit too low. The game is still pretty difficult for me, even on the rookie setting.

Mupod

I had the most methodical playstyle you can imagine in Enemy Unknown so I was a bit wary of them. But I'm a believer now. So many intense close calls - it's unbelievable how a turn based game actually was able to get my pulse racing so often. Some of the missions are still burned into my mind.

It says something about how brilliant the design is that they can throw such seemingly impossible challenges at you that are all surmountable and survivable if you make the right choices. Whereas Enemy Unknown was all about never making mistakes or getting into bad situations in the first place, XCOM 2 takes you out of your comfort zone but gives you the tools to get through it when shit goes bad.

Mark L

I was critical of the first game, but the sequel fixed nearly all of my complaints. It is simply excellent.

Top Bottom