• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts 360/PS3/WiiU/PC box art appears, 11/5/2013, rumored details

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
people prefer current generation weapons. they cant go in the future and have lasers guns or future m16s. it wont work with its install base.

engadget says its coming to all formats

I think they pulled down the article though (someone jumped the gun)

Wii U too?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
One could only wish that Activision put a full CoD on the Vita and not the crap that was Declassified. Make it work with the other consoles online, etc.

Tomcat

So PC, PS3, 360, Wii U, PS4 and 720 then.
I feel there wasn't anything about portable SKUs on Vita or 3DS either, no?

call of Duty is this years CoD entry headed to 360,PS3,Wii U, PC and next gen consoles on November 6
that was the title
I don't think it mentioned vita

Quentyn

It is still in the google cache

Like Punxsutawney Phil's shadowgazing, we can rightfully expect a new Call of Duty game to be announced annually and available at the holidays. Also like our groundhog friend, the only annual questions we must ask are in the details -- what is this year's Call of Duty about, and who's making it? It turns out that this year's Duty development, unsurprisingly, falls on Infinity Ward's shoulders -- the folks who created the much lauded Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare -- and it's named "Call of Duty: Ghosts." It's arriving on a whole mess of platforms this November 6th, including Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, and PC, but also PlayStation 4 and the next Xbox. It's also likely we'll see a handheld version on Nintendo's 3DS made by someone other than Infinity Ward, but we've got no direct word on that just yet.

The "Ghosts" in the title references ... well, we're not entirely sure just yet. Previous CoD games featured a character named "Ghost" fairly prominently, though the plurality indicates a game about more than one individual. We're holding out hope that the often overserious, dramatic tone of previous CoD games is being completely thrown out in favor of a goofy game about hunting ghosts. The bullets pass right through their ethereal form! Run for your life!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...om/2013/05/01/call-of-duty-ghosts-november-6/

Tomcat

That article seems... rather speculative.

joystiq had this first up and they too pulled it down

http://noito.me/news/archives/91812...osts-announced-with-words-teased-with-trailer

A teaser trailer for the tenth main series title – excluding expansions, handheld games and spin-offs – features no in-game footage. Instead the adrenaline-fueled video showcases a smattering of quick-cuts and a reveal of the game’s title, which retailers leaked in April.

antitrop

Coming to 3DS as well? Nice.

His speculation is about as valuable as anyone else's. I could say that it's coming to GBA, too.

You would have no reason to believe me, though, because I literally made that up as I was typing it. Just like Ben Gilbert.

Meelow

Banned
His speculation is about as valuable as anyone else's. I could say that it's coming to GBA, too.

You would have no reason to believe me, though, because I literally made that up as I was typing it. Just like Ben Gilbert.

Ah, so it's more speculating than "sources told me" kinda thing?

salromano

Not sure how accurate that pulled Joystiq article is. All pre-order sites I've checked (Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop) list the game for PS3/360/PC. No Wii U or PS4 version. Maybe the latter would pop up later on, but surely the Wii U version would've been up alongside the PS3/360/PC versions, yeah?

CyReN

https://profile.callofduty.com/blackops2phantom/redeemCode

BJMNsc8CEAA9T4Y.jpg

people prefer current generation weapons. they cant go in the future and have lasers guns or future m16s. it wont work with its install base.

I get it, it's just an extremely silly story conceit for the purposes of changing it just enough to be able to call it something other than Modern Warefare: 4. It's dumb.

Dug

Banned
people prefer current generation weapons. they cant go in the future and have lasers guns or future m16s. it wont work with its install base
Pretty much. Whenever I talk to a COD fan about Halo they say its "too unrealistic" because of the guns.

prag16

Banned
Another thing I can't work out with the WiiU box is that it has the developer logo. Where as most WiiU game boxes only contain the publisher logo. It's kind of inconsistent. I know Nintendo has a house style for their materials but wasn't sure if it has been loosened up.
The Black Ops 2 box had Treyarch listed on the front.

3DS version? I think we just found out what n-Space's next game is going to be!

Honestly, N-space has been disappointing me for a good while now. They did fine work on the DS, but my expectations for a 3DS CoD are for it to look a lot like the Wii version other than less polygons in places. If Heroes of Ruin is anything to go by, they couldn't even dream of getting to that level of graphical fidelity.

I would definitely put down $40 bucks for a 3DS CoD experience, but it would have to be a good one and I'm not sure N-space could really deliver.

3DS version and no Vita version will be hilarious and sad at the same time.

It also seems incredibly unlikely considering the good performance (for the user base) of Declassified.

FyreWulff

Best Buy has this featured in their ad next week. The artwork they use for it has the same weird fade-to-black on the top that the boxarts for the PC and Wii U had, which validates them a bit further. The ad mentions pre-orders for just PC/PS3/360, but they've got a sale next week on CODBLOPS2 that excludes the Wii U version for whatever reason, so I don't think that too much should be read into that.

The weird fade happened on some games in the GameCube days as well. They'd make the key art for PS2 first, the Xbox would work out because it was also a rectangle, and they'd either scale it up to fill in the space left by the curve of the GC labeling or just leave it with the original gradient..

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The Blast Furnace is supposed to be in charge of future CoD portable and mobile games, though I'm not sure if that's still true.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Download vs. Physical.

Wonder if the lack of a Wii U preorder option on any of those sites at this point means anything..

well it's obviously a version that could not happen at all,imho. but the lack of preorders and so on would not be enough to be sure that it doesn't exists.
man, I think that we'll not see it announced "now" even if it exists for real.
like last year BLOPS2 wiiu version...
don't know why but they act like that always with nintendo sku

Top Bottom