• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts 360/PS3/WiiU/PC box art appears, 11/5/2013, rumored details

Mithos

Hopefully they put in enough effort to atleast give the Wii U version PC textures this time.

Well they will at least have finalized devkits and better versions of the SDK now. Hopefully they can make much better build this time around.

GodofWine

I just want a final PS360 gen release with ALL THE MAPS they ever released on disc and every weapon ever included in the cod games...that would be a great way for them to say thank you to these systems for making them filthy f-ing rich.

Squire

Banned
Well they will at least have finalized devkits and better versions of the SDK now. Hopefully they can make much better build this time around.

Based on the numbers Blops 2 did on Wii U, I think anyone expecting a product better than that is getting their hopes up. They have no motivation whatsoever to make improvements or put any sort of strong focus on that version.

Effect

Based on the numbers Blops 2 did on Wii U, I think anyone expecting a product better than that is getting their hopes up. They have no motivation whatsoever to make improvements or put any sort of strong focus on that version.

Final hardware and a updated SDK should result in a better version by default I would think. They'd have to purposefully set out to make it worse or just on par with the other versions (outside of the PC) I would think at this point.

That joke makes itself.

Black Ops 2 looks a generation behind Battlefield 3, even. And now we have BF4 coming out in six months... they have some work to do.

Well to be fair, BF3 looks leagues better than most shooters anyway.

But everyone will just fucking buy it anyway. And I will, too, because even if I can't stand the games I can't help myself but to try and have an informed opinion every year on the "biggest franchise in gaming".

Also this makes no sense. My money means more to me than my informed opinion :p

Mithos

The mere fact that they have finalized hardware and newer SDK should by default make the game better then the PS360 versions, I mean did you see what Criterion did in 4-5 months on finalized hardware?

Demon Ice

Banned
And I will, too, because even if I can't stand the games I can't help myself but to try and have an informed opinion every year on the "biggest franchise in gaming".

Redbox it. That's what I did for MW3, finished the campaign in a couple hours, played a few rounds of MP, realized it was just as poorly done as MW2, and returned it next morning. Save your money.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
The mere fact that they have finalized hardware and newer SDK should by default make the game better then the PS360 versions, I mean did you see what Criterion did in 4-5 months on finalized hardware?
They only did so because they wanted to.

antitrop

Also this makes no sense. My money means more to me than my informed opinion :p

I like to think of it as a gamble. Some CoD games are good, some are shit. I liked Black Ops II well enough, I don't think it was a waste of money.

I despise MW3, though. I think it's the worst CoD game next to 3. It's not quite as bad as that, but it's close.

World at War was okay, except for the infinite respawns. I don't think the last few years games have had anything quite at that level of awfulness.

prag16

Banned
They are not a good source, they just add rumors to their website. The Wii U version product page went up two days ago, boxarts were discovered four days ago.

I for one look forward to the next "spanish retailer lists" news.
What's their track record? Have they posted box art that turned out to be completely fake in the past?

I don't see the fade to black at the top as any sort of smoking gun indicating it's fake. I've seen much worse "real" box art than that. Look no further than Activision's own 007 Legends for just one example.

antitrop

Redbox it. That's what I did for MW3, finished the campaign in a couple hours, played a few rounds of MP, realized it was just as poorly done as MW2, and returned it next morning. Save your money.

Can't Redbox PC games, that is an unfortunate downside to the medium.

El_Chino

I like to think of it as a gamble. Some CoD games are good, some are shit. I liked Black Ops II well enough, I don't think it was a waste of money.

I despise MW3, though. I think it's the worst CoD game next to 3. It's not quite as bad as that, but it's close.

World at War was okay, except for the infinite respawns. I don't think the last few years games have had anything quite at that level of awfulness.

Until a new CoD proves me other wise, this will forever be the best Call of Duty. (Even though I really enjoyed the first Black Ops)

250px-Call_of_Duty_4_Modern_Warfare.jpg

antitrop

Well to be fair, BF3 looks leagues better than most shooters anyway.

Yes, this is true. But Call of Duty looks especially awful on PC compared to pretty much about any modern game. Just that much more so next to its main competition, Battlefield.

Until a new CoD proves me other wise, this will forever be the best Call of Duty. (Even though I really enjoyed the first Black Ops)

Call of Duty 4 is one of the best games ever made, in like a top 25 kind of way.

x-Lundz-x

Just watched the video in the OP. is this guy reliable? Next gen only, I just can't believe that unless MS and Sony made a deal to get it only next gen to push next gen sales.

Just watched the video in the OP. is this guy reliable? Next gen only, I just can't believe that unless MS and Sony made a deal to get it only next gen to push next gen sales.

The next-gen only point wasn't from the guy that he really trusted. That appears to be bullshit based on the recent retailer leaks. And that isn't really surprising since there's no way Activision would pass up all the money that those two consoles will bring in.

The next-gen only point wasn't from the guy that he really trusted. That appears to be bullshit based on the recent retailer leaks. And that isn't really surprising since there's no way Activision would pass up all the money that those two consoles will bring in.
Perhaps they'll go the COD2/Big Red One route.

Call of Duty: Ghosts - PS3/360/PC/Wii U
Call of Duty: Something else - PS4/720/PC

antitrop

MW3 looks bad, but Black Ops 2 looks great on PC.

That screenshot is awful for a game that came out 6 months ago. Think about what else came out in the last six months: Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, they all put that to disgusting shame. Medal of Honor: Warfighter looked better... Oh god... Those are all games that look like they came out in the year that they came out in. Black Ops II looks ~2009.

Black Ops II is a substantial step up from Modern Warfare 3, though. Treyarch >> Sledgehammer, but it still looks like a game that's 3-4 years old.

Erethian

They only did so because they wanted to.

Treyarch bothered to build up an engine for Wii versions of earlier titles and port them over when they didn't really need to, I expect that unless told otherwise they'll put in as much effort as they're allowed.

Edit: Though I just remembered that this isn't Treyarch, so it will be interesting to see who does the port.

Treyarch bothered to build up an engine for Wii versions of earlier titles and port them over when they didn't really need to, I expect that unless told otherwise they'll put in as much effort as they're allowed.

Edit: Though I just remembered that this isn't Treyarch, so it will be interesting to see who does the port.

Treyarch always does the port either way. They did the CoD 4 Reflex Edition and I believe they made the Modern Warfare 3 port for Wii as well.

Lulubop

IW is not so good with PC stuff, although I haven't really liked a CoD since MW2 so meh. interested to see if there's a noticeable visual upgrade. Battlefield can get a big nextgen head start.

Would seem strange for Target not to include the Wii U version in their ad if there indeed is one. Leads me to think there isn't, but we'll see.

Those rumored details sound pretty darn good and from the free weekend Black Ops 2 wasn't too shabby, just had some poor maps. Might buy this one.

Jubilation and boasting about getting Call of Duty - from an apparently unreliable source, but it will likely happen. Really? One of the few games/franchises, even the most pessimistic about the Wii U's third party support expect to happen. Okay...

I am curious though, are Wii U boxes of significantly different dimensions to 360 boxes that would lead to differences in boxart?

Kimawolf

I may actually pick this one up on PC, should be a fun romp.

And damn, I think just seeing Wii U in the thread title brings out a certain demographic on this forum.

I don't trust some Spanish retailer personally but at least it's not a long wait until the reveal.
I couldn't help but notice that the fade to black on the top of the box art for the Wii U and PC versions. Kinda super lazy, if you ask me.
Kinda super Photoshopped if you ask me.

Jubilation and boasting about getting Call of Duty - from an apparently unreliable source, but it will likely happen. Really? One of the few games/franchises, even the most pessimistic about the Wii U's third party support expect to happen. Okay...
It's simply a counterbalance to the jubilation and boasting we saw when retail sources pointed towards no U port materializing. Nature of the beast, I figured you'd be used to it by now?

I am curious though, are Wii U boxes of significantly different dimensions to 360 boxes that would lead to differences in boxart?
With all the 3rd party its not getting its good to see this one man. I dont know why you feel you have to numb down the Wii U getting it. So what big deal.

x-Lundz-x

I think CoD is getting played out but every year when new one is revealed I always get excited. I actually like the SP, and can only stand to play the MP every few years. I get hooked for like two months and then move on...

Top Bottom