• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts 360/PS3/WiiU/PC box art appears, 11/5/2013, rumored details

majik13

This is their new logo, it was revealed awhile back. Although it's only the abbreviated "IW" logo anyway.

The logo font matches up with the one on the boxart.

CBr15W9.jpg

wow! chromatic aberration in logo. Next gen confirmed!

bengraven

Wouldn't mind a classic WWII COD right now.

COD2 is still my favorite. Why do videogame companies destroy something cool and new...

I'm calling it legit:

1. All CoD unveils are early to mid May
2. Microsoft Xbox unveil is in May
3. Activision Community Manager just randomly does a podcast about when the next CoD will be unveiled - says likely May

Bring it on. I will take secondhand IW over smug ass Treyarch any day.

kuYuri

I'm calling it legit:

3. Activision Community Manager just randomly does a podcast about when the next CoD will be unveiled - says likely May

Which podcast?

EDIT: Never mind.

xJavonta

Banned

COD2 is still my favorite. Why do videogame companies destroy something cool and new...

Yuck, no.

WWII games are shitty /unpopular opinion

Something that takes place wayy into the future would be nice. Go full sci-fi on that shit.

Yeah I was kind of wondering about the Wii U absence as well, since there seems to be no listing on TESCO's site either?

I can get leaving it out of a flyer, but a website seems a bit more odd.
It's hard to infer anything from Tesco. They've always been heavily biased towards PS3 360. They rarely stock the PC version in store, and haven't been stocking the WiiU a lot anyway. I'm not expecting it but I think WiiU fans should take a wait and see attitude on this one.
lol no one cares or cared.

go back & play wii u bo2 with 300+ peps
I hear it's risen closer 3,000 on a good weekend.
steadily in line with sales

DeadNames

Banned
There's no way this could be CoD.

Shooting while sliding and peeking around corners? lolnope. Headglitching is bad enough already.

I believe that was Call of Duty: Fog of War and was canceled when Sledgehammer got put on Modern Warfare 3.

That said Sledgehammer seems to decidedly not be on this game.

What happened to that one CoD game that was going to be like Halo? With aliens and futuristic combat...yo remember that one Nirolak?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
What happened to that one CoD game that was going to be like Halo? With aliens and futuristic combat...yo remember that one Nirolak?

Yes that was Fog of War, where we knew it was at least sci-fi.

Glen Schofield later said he would keep the game design, but not the setting (because it was too niche) if he ever returned to the project, so I suspect Fog of War is back in development in a modern and/or near future realistic setting.

Yes that was Fog of War, where we knew it was at least sci-fi.

Glen Schofield later said he would keep the game design, but not the setting (because it was too niche) if he ever returned to the project, so I suspect Fog of War is back in development in a modern and/or near future realistic setting.

that's good, we need more Halo clones. Also, about those next gen engine shots. Should they really be focusing on facial tech? I hope they show the full engine soon

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
that's good, we need more Halo clones. Also, about those next gen engine shots. Should they really be focusing on facial tech? I hope they show the full engine soon

Actually ignore my previous comments.

Sledgehammer Games was founded with the singular purpose of making great action games. We have a brand new state of the art studio facility and an industry leading development team working on a world-class franchise - this is an opportunity of a lifetime. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty First Person Shooter development team.

They're definitely still making CoD FPS games.

Hip Hop

I come from the original COD era, loved the first one on PC and the 2nd one as well.

But I can't say they are better at this point, love every new iteration and still get excited from the rumor mill.

Kerub

Banned
I wonder if there will be a Vita port, or at least a spin-off. Declassified sold a decent amount of units so it should be possible.

Xtralife is the source for the Wii U version? Welp, some people gon be disappointed.

Of course, this is Call of Duty, so even with Xtralife being full of bs, it still might happen.

Ridley327

I couldn't help but notice that the fade to black on the top of the box art for the Wii U and PC versions. Kinda super lazy, if you ask me.

RoKKeR

I couldn't help but notice that the fade to black on the top of the box art for the Wii U and PC versions. Kinda super lazy, if you ask me.

I still can't get over how horrible the boxart is. I mean, at least he's not running forwards but it's pretty awful.

Iacobellis

I'm calling it legit:

Wait, what if Microsoft moneyhatted the whole franchise for Xbox? No more PC/PS3/PS4 versions?

Iacobellis

I come from the original COD era, loved the first one on PC and the 2nd one as well.

But I can't say they are better at this point, love every new iteration and still get excited from the rumor mill.

Which "modern" Call of Duty do you think is the best? I'm speaking in terms of 4 and onwards.

Ridley327

Wait, what if Microsoft moneyhatted the whole franchise for Xbox? No more PC/PS3/PS4 versions?

Activision would never agree to a deal like that, especially with how close the split between the PS3 and 360 versions has gotten in recent years, and especially now with the downturn in sales that CODBLOPS2 saw from MW3.

Meelow

Banned

That would take some serious money.

Wasn't it a lot of money just for Microsoft to get exclusive DLC for GTA4?

And like Ridley327 said, Activision would never agree to a deal like that.

Rawker

Call of Duty : Ghost Recon, slide shooting, prone roll, corner peeking, wtf took them like 8 years? lol

next gen only makes sense, the resources needed to develop for new consoles would be greater then pumping out an annual cod on ps360 so they just create something different for current gen to keep the money rolling in. By creating a stand alone game for next gen with new features it dangles the carrot in front of people to get them to move on to next gen. seems logical to me...

antitrop

Hopefully they put in enough effort to at least give the PC version PC textures this time.

That joke makes itself.

Black Ops 2 looks a generation behind Battlefield 3, even. And now we have BF4 coming out in six months... they have some work to do.

But everyone will just fucking buy it anyway. And I will, too, because even if I can't stand the games I can't help myself but to try and have an informed opinion every year on the "biggest franchise in gaming".

Top Bottom