• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts teaser site goes live

If I'm going to buy another CoD ever (The last I bought was Blops1), it needs to stop feeling so confined. I loved CoD4 because you could throw on a ghillie suit and lay in the grass and feel open to explore a bit. Overgrown and Pipeline were two incredible maps, the m40A3 was amazing, everything was balanced, and the killstreaks weren't complete bullshit.

I don't know, until they figure that out I won't be buying another CoD. It's simple things like why can't I lay in this block of grass, oh yea, invisible walls that's right. Oh what's that?... he threw a grenade at you that makes you unable to move? So cool... Everybody is sprinting around diving off of walls with UMP's spraying like 10 year olds? So intense. The newer games' maps are garbage, the gameplay is the same thing every year, its just trash.

kuYuri

MW3 was great, screw the haters.

If I'm going to buy another CoD ever (The last I bought was Blops1), it needs to stop feeling so confined. I loved CoD4 because you could throw on a ghillie suit and lay in the grass and feel open to explore a bit. Overgrown and Pipeline were two incredible maps, the m40A3 was amazing, everything was balanced, and the killstreaks weren't complete bullshit.

lol

nomis

If by everything was balanced you mean the only reason to use anything but an m16 red dot was to artificially give yourself a challenge, then yes.

nomis

Hate to go OT but is it worth $20 for someone who won't really play MP? I enjoy COD for SP btw.

Plenty of others may disagree, but for $20 the SP has some very cool setpieces and interesting details. Also Sledgehammer gives it the best sound design of any CoD campaign.

KyleN

Banned
il46w2gkVSqfv.jpg
Hmm..

kuYuri

Hate to go OT but is it worth $20 for someone who won't really play MP? I enjoy COD for SP btw.

How did you feel about MW2's SP? It's basically more of that, but even more or less over the top. There are some interesting throwbacks to CoD4, although some people felt it was forced. I thought it had a great ending.

Starting to look like a skull.

If you want some closure from the other two games, sure.

It was good, and the ending was fantastic.

This. I would say do it for the closure.

How did you feel about MW2's SP? It's basically more of that, but even more or less over the top. There are some interesting throwbacks to CoD4, although some people felt it was forced. I thought it had a great ending.

I actually forget MW2 though I recall I enjoyed it. My favorite SP COD is actually BLOPS 2.

If anyone is interested, used copies of MW3 and Black Ops 1 (for both PS3 and 360) are $9.99 at Best Buy this week.

I still stand by my opinion: World at War was the best COD game (MP wise) I've ever played. Black Ops 2 would be #2.

Can't wait to see what shit they put into this new one. The pick 10 system from BO2 was great and it's something I hope will be put into this new game.

To those questioning how Ghost could even be in the game? Captain Price has been the same age since World War II. It doesn't have to make sense.

trinest

When I think Ghosts, I think special forces Person of Interest kind of stuff.

This game better have that or no buy.

Don't know, I would love to be surprised, this could be a filler for the last part of the gen or could be a nice surprise like CoD 4 MW.

Ghazi

To those questioning how Ghost could even be in the game? Captain Price has been the same age since World War II. It doesn't have to make sense.

How do you know he's the same age? How do you know he doesn't use Old Spice™ body wash and L'OREAL™ hair cleanser to stay and look at peak physique?

GodofWine

I'm just wondering how many other people who have played LOTS of COD MP and 5 minutes of SP couldn't give two poops about this ghost guy and just want to see maps bigger than my yard come back to the game.

I do miss the custom face paint from blops1 though.

I'm excited.

I've been consistently playing some kind of COD for two years now and I still love the game.

The engine has significant issues though, and definitely needs an overhaul.

Top Bottom