• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can game devs stop face scanning Debra Wilson ?

Braag

She's fine, good voice actress.
Only Fallen Order made her look a little goofy cause the faces overall were just weird looking in that game.

Doom85

She looks fine IRL right now for her age. The actress had nothing to do with it, it’s just they did…whatever they did to her in Jedi FO. They didn’t give us the best look at her for Survivor, but I’m hoping they fixed the issue this time.

poodaddy

I've always had kind of a crush on her, but I admit she didn't translate well to Fallen Order.

Hell of a rack though.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Azurro

Banned
tUVlxED.jpg

I thought they had gotten this alien lady for Jedi Fallen Order. Terrifying character model.

unclbenn

Love seeing her in ma vidja games. First was cod:mw, then fallen order and now forspoken! She's a great character actress and she emotes really well, must be those big eyes.

I don't like recognizing real people, even minor actors, in video games, ugly or good looking. The great thing about video games is that unlike movies they can have made up humans unlike movies and TV so your brain won't think of their other things the actor's done while watching them. Face scanning is a cheap cop out.

You are playing Jedi Fallen Order aren't you?
Wasn't she also in Wolfenstein?

I mean.. she’s like 60 dude

What would you want with her? Lol
Whatcha mean, black don't crack!

Just kidding, it's true. Most celebrities still manage to look pretty alright in their 50s, but once they hit their 60s the cracks really start showing.

This probably could be generalized to "Can we be more creative with how characters are modeled and animated?"
Most facial scans seem to just put the actors face on the character, maybe add a chromosome or two for the women, and then ship it out. They have all of this expensive motion capture equipment (which I think is a crutch for AA and AAA games), and then limit their creativity to what the character's actor looks like. I don't want characters to look like their real-life acting counterparts.

Aaron Olive

I don't like recognizing real people, even minor actors, in video games, ugly or good looking. The great thing about video games is that unlike movies they can have made up humans unlike movies and TV so your brain won't think of their other things the actor's done while watching them. Face scanning is a cheap cop out.

Wasn't she also in Wolfenstein?

Whatcha mean, black don't crack!

Just kidding, it's true. Most celebrities still manage to look pretty alright in their 50s, but once they hit their 60s the cracks really start showing.
Yes she was in Wolfenstein and according to her IMDB she has voiced over 80 video games with many using her likeness.... Debra stays busy.

Last edited:
She’s pretty old and facial scans are hit or miss as it is. I think it’s neat she’s getting at least some work after MadTV, even if the only game I played with her was Fallen Order, which is the most uncanny-valley scan of her.

Three

Seeing as nobody is posting the game and person in question I'm guessing it's this? personally don't see what the issue is.

Top Bottom