• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can - plastic bottle - glass bottle: What tastes the best?

JBuccCP

Plastic bottled soda always feels over carbonated to me. Maybe it's the way everything is funneled out or the shape of the opening, or it could be in my head, but I find cans easier to drink and have a smoother feel. I haven't had enough from glass bottles to judge anything.

Lotto

OP forgot fountain drinks, but that's okay because they vary too wildly. I'll admit the best coke I had was from a fountain but it was an anomaly. Canned coke is the way to go.

Coca Cola tastes best ice-cold from a can. Not the stupid tall ones we got in Germany now, but the one that's in the OP.

Coke_12oz.png

I always buy them when I'm shopping in France, fuck you Jürgen Trittin.

AdanVC

Cold Mexican made Coca Cola in a glass bottle is GOAT stuff. My order would be

Glass bottle>>>>>>>>>>>>Plastic bottle>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Can>>>>>> Bag

painey

the reason most people think Glass > Can > Plastic is mainly due to the temperature of the container and its ability to retain that temperature once taken out of the fridge.

Aiustis

I don't get plastic because it's bad for the environment.

That said, I notice flavor differences the least in cans.

A double blind trail should be set up with an adequate sample size. I am betting that most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference (including those in this thread).

My preference is glass bottle, but would also probably not be able to tell in a blind test

Zakalwe

Banned
A double blind trail should be set up with an adequate sample size. I am betting that most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference (including those in this thread).

My preference is glass bottle, but would also probably not be able to tell in a blind test

Drinking from the original receptacle itself without feeling it somehow? Easy.

Poured out? Probably not so.

Kas

Glass bottle, no matter what. It's a nonpourous material. Nothing gets left behind in the drink, no plastic taste and no weird metal taste from a can either

Xe4

Banned
The answer is of course glass. Kicks the shit out of all other containers.

Glass >>>>>>>>>>>> Can >>>>>>>>>>>>> Plastic.

KDR_11k

Thin PET is the best, dispenser at a fast food place is worst. Dunno why the former, I prefer smoother carbonation and hard plastic bottles tend to have harsher carbonation. Maybe it's just the different bottling facilities here and the different tap water they use.

Pein

Banned
The glass bottle for me is the best tasting one, I don't even drink soda much anymore but I can't refuse glass bottle coke it's wonderful.

Top Bottom