• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can that shot give my dog autism? Anti-vax movement spreads from children to pets.

Cilidra

Do you tell them about injection site sarcoma in cats?

I kid I kid

I do. Also I am selective with vaccines based on the pets lifestyle. Sarcoma rate is about one in 50 000 injections (vaccine or other drugs). There is some some suspicion that the level of inflammation at the site might be a risk factor so using vaccine without adjuvants might be lesser risk (which is what I use even though they are more expensive). Also I do my injections on legs not neck (survival if sarcoma occurs is much better at that site).

Is there any evidence for this trend?

We have one vet who says some

And one who mentions one

So you write a trend piece based off two interviews? And only one person mentions autism. The other even implies autism isn't the reason

I'm gonna guess the fast majority of people who don't vaccinate can't afford it.

I mean this thread is about lambasting people for being stupid but its quite stupid to literally not read what's written.

If someone can't afford the $15-$30 it costs for a rabies vaccinatation then they probably shouldn't have a dog.

Tigress

This probably stems in part for the overuse of the rabies vaccine. I'm not saying it isn't needed, but what most vets don't tell you is that the shot is good for up to three years but they encourage people to get one every year because it makes them more money.

That and also because anti-vaxxers are idiots. Probably more so the idiots part.

No. They probably do so cause depending on the state some states require it every year (usually states that have more issue with it). In Washington the state just requires three years except after the first one and the vets will all tell you it's a shot you give every three years.

Maybe try to inform yourself before you go on some conspiracy theory that the vets are just trying to make money from you. Then you'd at least know who to campaign to change that.

So stupidity IS contagious then?! Anti Vaxxers should be forced into re-education centres as draconian and right wing as that sounds,but because their stupidity is dangerous I think its justified

(some sarcasm, but some seriousness to that post depressingly)

Galava

No vaccinating pets and children should be straight up illegal. You are putting other pets and people at risk. This is not some "freedom" stuff, this is incompetence and negligence.

I don't...

I can't...

*calmly jumps out window *

1234529240_dog_jumps_out_of_moving_car.gif

Hmmmmm

Caj814

Humanity needs to create it's own demise through multiple points.

Pollute the planet to unrecoverable levels?

Elect orange man baby who can activate a nuclear attack if insulted enough on social media?

Not vaccinating young children and animals?

There's so much more we can do at this point to speed up the process!

Top Bottom