• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can that shot give my dog autism? Anti-vax movement spreads from children to pets.

Most pets are autistic anyway because they are so dumb and cute. =3

fry_squint.jpg

Daedardus

I'm pretty sure my dog is autistic. He doesn't make eye contact often, seems to prefer to be alone at times to get some rest and he always has the wrong timing when he wants to play. He also has an obscene obsession with his football and his language is very repetitive, often using small growls or an occasional 'woof'. I think we can safely conclude that vaccines cause autism in dogs.

HeatBoost

I think I might end up in jail if I ever get rabies because a pet owner was this stupid

I'm not saying I'd kill someone, but I've heard enough horror stories about rabies, and if I have to risk dying because of someone else's stupidity, they're getting off light with a few dozen broken bones

dont want to vaccinate your pets? Fine No PETS FOR YOU.

Dont want to vaccinate your children? (only reason not to is allergic reaction) congrats no public assitance, no tax breaks, oh ya your kid is not allowed to leave your house. no public or private schools until they get vaccinated.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
don't worry guys humanity isn't getting stupider. People with this stupid before the internet we just didn't know.

/closes laptop.

tbm24

Well, if they fail at being parents I'm not surprised that they would in turn fail as pet owners as well.

mrkgoo

Horses and cows are next.
Please don't vaccinate cows because I don't want my hamburger to be autistic.

Man all this hate for autism must suck for autistic people. "I'd rather my child have increased risk of death than to be like you!"

Sesha

The anti-vax movement is like someone obsessively pulling at a loose thread in a sweater and slowly unravelling it. Only the sweater is modern society.

What is... what is the problem with an autistic dog, anyway, exactly?

How does autism manifest in dogs, and why is it something you would worry about?

Bronx-Man

Banned
There had to be some point in the past 50 years where America wasn't dumb as hell right? Like, what caused this mass uprising of dipshittery?

Is there any evidence for this trend?

We have one vet who says some

”We do see a higher number of clients who don't want to vaccinate their animals," said Dr. Amy Ford of the Veterinarian Wellness Center of Boerum Hill.

And one who mentions one

”I had a client concerned about an autistic child who didn't want to vaccinate the dog for the same reason," said Dr. Stephanie Liff of Clinton Hill's Pure Paws Veterinary Care.

So you write a trend piece based off two interviews? And only one person mentions autism. The other even implies autism isn't the reason

Hip youngsters who promote a more holistic lifestyle for their pets tend to be the most vocal anti-vaxxers, Ford said, but rarely have a particular reason for leaving Fido open to infection.

”It's actually much more common in the hipster-y areas," she said. ”I really don't know what the reasoning is, they just feel that injecting chemicals into their pet is going to cause problems."

I'm gonna guess the fast majority of people who don't vaccinate can't afford it.

I mean this thread is about lambasting people for being stupid but its quite stupid to literally not read what's written.

M3d10n

Every year over 60 thousand people die of rabies. To this day, only three people with a confirmed infection survived, with major complications.

Stupidity is going to doom us all.

Cilidra

I do see clients that are against vaccines in general (both for their pets and their kids). I sometimes can convince the errors of their ways (for their pets).
They are not ill intended, just victims of the internet, breeder misinformation or just wrong social groups.
People that never have seen the ravages of infectious diseases can sometime belief that it's all a conspiracy between vets...
The ones that frustrate me the most are the ones that HAD a pet die of preventable disease AND do not do the prevention for the same disease on their other pets. Some people never learn...

Every year over 60 thousand people die of rabies. To this day, only three people with a confirmed infection survived, with major complications.

Stupidity is going to doom us all.

Don't push this fear mongering crap.

There are under ten cases of humans getting rabies annually in the U.S.

Almost all of the rabbies related fatalities are in super poor places of China and sub saharan Africa.

chekhonte

I do see clients that are against vaccines in general (both for their pets and their kids). I sometimes can convince the errors of their ways (for their pets).
They are not ill intended, just victims of the internet, breeder misinformation or just wrong social groups.
People that never have seen the ravages of infectious diseases can sometime belief that it's all a conspiracy between vets...
The ones that frustrate me the most are the ones that HAD a pet die of preventable disease AND do not do the prevention for the same disease on their other pets. Some people never learn...

Do you tell them about injection site sarcoma in cats?

I kid I kid

It’s actually much more common in the hipster-y areas,” she said. “I really don’t know what the reasoning is, they just feel that injecting chemicals into their pet is going to cause problems

Note to self avoid Park slope and Williamsburg.

Top Bottom