• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Will this vaccination give my dog autism?”

CyberPanda

Banned
https://www.theguardian.com/society...anti-vax-movement-spread-to-pets?CMP=shoc_567

Sam Kovac can’t say for sure what prompted it, but in the past few weeks the Sydney veterinarian has been faced with the same alarming, beguiling question over and over: “Will this vaccination give my dog autism?”

“It’s actually ridiculous. I mean you hear chatter over the years, but just in these last few weeks it’s really, really ramped up,” he tells Guardian Australia.“Most of the time people are OK, they’re not staunchly against it once you tell them the science and the statistics [but] we have had people walk out in hysteria, saying that there is absolutely no way their dog is getting [vaccinated] because they believe it causes auto-immune diseases or, specifically, autism.”

Kovac is so perturbed by the trend that he felt moved to speak out about it in Sydney’s Daily Telegraph this week, saying he didn’t believe anti-vaxxers deserved to have animals as pets if they were willing to put them at risk of diseases such as canine parvovirus.

“They are sentencing their dog to death from one of the most shocking, horrible viruses you can imagine,” he says.

Vaccinations do not cause autism in dogs or humans. But there is an important distinction: there is no such thing as autism in dogs.

“Well, there are certainly no recorded cases of animals with the condition that I know of,” Kovac says. “And there is no diagnostic test to check for it in dogs or cats anyway.”

The amplification of the anti-vaccination movement in online communities and its association with the rise of populism and anti-establishment politics has been well documented.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It seems to be the dog owners themselves have autism. Your dogs need their vaccines or they will fucking die. Kovac sounds fucking based though.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Vaccines. Don't. Cause. Autism.

headdesk.gif

Codes 208

Tell that to any parent that had a kid vaccinated and also happens to have Autism.

It’s a fucking brick wall.
The parent should get themself checked because it’s usually hereditary.

Atleast it was in my case, not some vaccine that kept me alive through my early years.

Top Bottom