• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada E3 Deals 2015 IOTI Actually, even better than last year!

centracore

Oh god what if Amazon just doesn't do any E3 pre-order deals at all

I thought they only did last year as an answer to Future Shop's and Best Buy's deals, with Future Shop out of business and Best Buy's deals nonexistent I'm not holding my breath. I'd love to be wrong on this, but just don't see it happening.

Stage On

I just hope they actually start listing more Vita and 3ds games.

Way too many stuff like Trails of Cold steel are completely mia on both Best buy and Amazon. For those types of games getting a deal at e3 is often the cheapest they'll ever get if you want a physical copy.

So just to be clear, it just has to a be games that are preorders right, no minimum price the game has to be to qualify or anything like that? If so, I may end up preordering about 5 games or so. I know there are 3 for sure that I'll be getting with this deal.

Preorder as much as possible, then cancel later.

When Ubisoft turned to shit, I cancelled Division and Ass Creed from my preorder with no hassle.

UberTag

I'm not expecting squat from Amazon.
I don't expect to preorder much more than a handful of titles next week.

Banned
Yeah I'll stick with Amazon just like last year. Shipping doesn't bug me because I usually have a backlog anyways and can wait a few days. Fuck Best Buy.

mdubs

Banned
I just hope they actually start listing more Vita and 3ds games.

Way too many stuff like Trails of Cold steel are completely mia on both Best buy and Amazon. For those types of games getting a deal at e3 is often the cheapest they'll ever get if you want a physical copy.

They're pretty good about adding stuff, you can always tweet stuff at them if they miss things.

Trails of Cold Steel ps3 version is up, so the Vita version will likely go up in the next couple days

UberTag

Every time Best Buy did their pre-order deal weekends this year, Amazon went and matched it, so I'm more optimistic.
Matching the terrible Best Buy promo isn't exactly what I would call "Amazon saving us" or being optimistic... although I suppose it is a step up from my "not expecting squat" assessment.

Stage On

They're pretty good about adding stuff, you can always tweet stuff at them if they miss things.

Trails of Cold Steel ps3 version is up, so the Vita version will likely go up in the next couple days

Sweet, I'm still not quite sure which version to get so it's nice to see they are starting to follow up on the requests I've been making on their forum

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Video-Gaming/Requesting-games-to-be-put-up-for-preorder/td-p/117411

Still I'm a bit worried at how long some of these are taking to get up. The coupons are only good for 4 days and with the sheer amount of titles that are going to need to go up it's inevitable that some will slip through the cracks if they don't step it up a bit.

It's clear their attention has mainly been on listing next gen console games. Ps4 has 74 titles up for preorder while vita only has 9 despite the fact that there's been tons of Vita announcements lately. 3ds isn't much better at only 14 games, a good portion of which is shovel ware.

And that's just Best buy. Amazon should have more of this stuff listed too. Their American site does in some cases so their isn't much excuse for it not being listed on the Canadian site. Come on guys our handhelds need love too!!!!

FluxWaveZ

Shipping times are important to me, so I considered the option to use Amazon Prime's free trial during this E3 pre-order period so I wouldn't have to worry about that if Amazon does a thing. Then I saw:
After your free trial, Amazon Prime is just CDN$ 79.00/year (plus any applicable taxes).
Cancel anytime. *Quebec residents receive an initial 13-month membership instead of a free trial.
This fucking place.

mdubs

Banned
Sweet, I'm still not quite sure which version to get so it's nice to see they are starting to follow up on the requests I've been making on their forum

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Video-Gaming/Requesting-games-to-be-put-up-for-preorder/td-p/117411

Still I'm a bit worried at how long some of these are taking to get up. The coupons are only good for 4 days and with the sheer amount of titles that are going to need to go up it's inevitable that some will slip through the cracks if they don't step it up a bit.

It's clear their attention has mainly been on listing next gen console games. Ps4 has 74 titles up for preorder while vita only has 9 despite the fact that there's been tons of Vita announcements lately. 3ds isn't much better at only 14 games, a good portion of which is shovel ware.

And that's just Best buy. Amazon should have more of this stuff listed too. Their American site does in some cases so their isn't much excuse for it not being listed on the Canadian site. Come on guys our handhelds need love too!!!!
I wouldn't worry too much, the last couple years they have been impressively good at getting even the really niche stuff up on time to qualify for the promo, so I'm not too worried this year

For those of you who are still in school, don't forget about Amazon Student.

If you're a college student, then you can get 6 months of Prime free, plus once it runs out the membership is half-price at $39.99 (for 4 years). It might take a day or two to get verified, so if you want it in time for E3 then I suggest signing up for it now.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
What games were $49.99 at launch a couple of years ago? Jeez. Hopefully Amazon can swoop in and save the day, the Best Buy deal looks brutal. Doesn't Reward Zone have an annual fee as well?

PC games were still $50 a couple years ago.

Sad that they've pretty much gutted the deal this year. PC deals are even shittier than it looks at first glance. Fallout 4 as an example is up for $70 on Steam compared to the $80 base price on Best Buy and Amazon.

Will definitely be limiting myself to the bare minimum day one games this year. Everything else can wait for price drops.

Stage On

I wouldn't worry too much, the last couple years they have been impressively good at getting even the really niche stuff up on time to qualify for the promo, so I'm not too worried this year

I've had them miss stuff on me in past years (Pokemon games no less) before which is why I took it upon myself to be a bit more proactive about it this time around.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
E3 DEALS ARE SAVED, I REPEAT E3 DEALS ARE SAVED!

• You must have two qualifying pre-order games in your cart and you must enter the promotion code E3SAVE20 at checkout to receive a 20% discount on two pre-order games.
  • You must have three or more qualifying pre-order games in your cart and you must must enter the promotion code E3SAVE30 at checkout to receive a 30% discount on three or more pre-order games.
  • Promotions do not stack; you may only qualify for either a 20% discount or a 30% discount
  • Offer is only valid for orders placed between 12:00:00 AM PST June 14, 2015, and 11:59:59 PM June 18, 2015
  • Offer only valid on items listed on this page and excludes: All Skylanders, Disney Infinity, LEGO Dimensions; all Collector’s Editions, Limited Editions, Gold Editions, Limited Collector’s Editions; all consoles and accessories.
  • You may purchase a maximum of 2 units of any one game.

You must have three or more qualifying pre-order games in your cart and you must must enter the promotion code E3SAVE30 at checkout to receive a 30% discount on three or more pre-order games.

Amazon pulled through omg!

Harusame

You must have three or more qualifying pre-order games in your cart and you must must enter the promotion code E3SAVE30 at checkout to receive a 30% discount on three or more pre-order games.

Amazon pulled through omg!
That's much better. I wish collector's editions were included with the deal, but I don't mind...

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Weird that both BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Extend and Xblaze Lost Memories both don't qualify for this, even if they're pre-orders too. I hope they fix this soon.

DJ_Lae

Well that makes the choice easy (even though I really didn't want to have to buy anything from Best Buy at all).

someone check if the 30% code can be used more than once :p

I don't see anything indicating it can't be, but yeah, that would be good to know. Last code they had for a preorder discount I wasted by making a single order (as I thought I could just put a bunch through).

ohlawd

I don't see anything indicating it can't be, but yeah, that would be good to know. Last code they had for a preorder discount I wasted by making a single order (as I thought I could just put a bunch through).

they usually hide that stuff in the "here's how" link on a product's page. it's how I found out last time. I read it and it didn't say there's a limit to its use so I'm 90% sure it's okay. It's pretty late so I'll worry about it later. maybe hit live chat if we're still not solid

MarkusRJR

Waiting to see Nintendo conference before pre-ordering. Can't spend too much on games last year. Ending up pre-ordering way too many games last year (literally only a third of them have come out too!).

Amazon is the best. <3

Walpurgis

Banned
WTF!!! NEW DEAL Assassin's Creed Unity $15 - deal is 48% claimed with 32 hours left.

It looks like they are doing lightning deals this week, as well as regular deals.

C$12.99 (48% off)
Save 48% on One Piece Unlimited World Red

C$39.99 (43% off)
Save 43% on Halo: The Master Chief Collection

C$19.99 (33% off)
Save 33% on Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z

Save up to 30% of list price on Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

Up to 29% off Batman Arkham Origins ($15)

Save 29% of list price on Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

All found here.

Top Bottom