• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada E3 Deals 2015 IOTI Actually, even better than last year!

kevin1025

Banned
So is Mirror's Edge for PS4 just in the middle of being changed in some way and that's why it's unavailable? For those that preordered, does it stay for us? I'm showing it as $76.12 in my order still so I imagine it's still active for those that preordered it.

Enilced2

Not expecting Persona 5 at this point but oh well Atlus knows I'll pay whatever they want for that. But here is hoping for SMTxFE happening

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
krm4Afk.jpg

That's right, 24 hours left for the Amazon E3 deal as of the time of this post. Don't come crying in here if you forget to put in your orders.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I decided to stop waiting on Persona 5.. Damage report:

Street Fighter V
Star Wars Battlefront
Final Fantasy XV
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Uncharted 4
---
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
Battleborn
Need For Speed
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Kingdom Hearts 3
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
Ratchet & Clank
Tom Clancy's The Division
Transformers Devastation
Final Fantasy VII Remake

Total $1,297.57 but after discounts and tax: $1,026.39. Everything above the divider is a for sure thing, and most of the stuff below could get cancelled or go the other way.

Stage On

We won't be getting a Persona 5 SKU, guys.

Other games that have active SKUs that are actively soliciting preorders on other sites in Canada or the United States MAY happen tomorrow.
But Persona 5 will not be among them.

Well as long as there's still hope for Trails of cold steel and SMTxFE....

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Lol some of you guys went in like the jacked prices are nothing.

I mostly just preordered Ratchet & Clank and Street Fighter V because they were $40 and $60 each respectively along with Uncharted 4 and Black Ops 3 to round out the order.

Thought about adding Battlefront but still not sure if I'm going PS4 or PC on that.

Aalvi

You won't get many games on release day (or before like BB sometimes), but I've never waited more than three days for a game from Amazon, and I'm in the GTA. Most times it ships on release day and I get it one day later.

Just take the free shipping option, once the game ships it will only take a day to get to you in the GTA, it's just that sometimes they don't ship it out right away.

When I picked Free shipping it changed the other option from shipping independently to shipping as a group when the whole order is avaliable.

Fularu

Banned
I need Bravely Second, Trails of Cold Steel, Popolocrois, Legend of Legacy (at least, activate the promo for it) and Fatal Frame.

I'm prety sure I'll be able to buy DQH for cheap down the road so I'm in no hurry to play it on day 1.

Rione

I feel like I need to perform some sort of ritual sacrifice to get Persona 5 up on the store.

I mean we can always sacrifice someone's first born to the Amazon gods. But at this rate I just assume Persona 5 isn't going up, looks like Atlus might be preventing that for whatever reason otherwise I imagine it would of been up already.

I just went through with all my orders, I can bite the bullet for full price on Persona.

zroid

Banned
So Best Buy has PoPoLoCrois up... Maybe I'll just order that along with Trails of Cold Steel from BB. Really would have preferred the 30% off, but...

Added the Final Fantasy remake last night, so I'm done...

I've still got pre orders from last years sale so I didn't need to go as crazy this year.

SVxM

I guess it doesn't really matter for Persona 5 because the 30% doesn't apply to limited edition. I bet that limited edition will be great!

So, I hope BB saves the day! Limited editions works for BB's deal, right?

Yasumi

Banned
Was very close to getting EDF2 on Bestbuy, but I think I'll go digital on that one. It'll probably be $29.99 on PSN, and around 271MB.

catspit

If Amazon breaks my order into 2 shipments is that okay?.. (Can still remove games from large order and keep discount etc..? If only 2 games in shipment 2 of 2) Anyone know why they do that ?

Llyranor

I only preordered Star Fox, Zelda and Fire Emblem Fates off Amazon.

Though, isn't FE Fates supposed to get 2 versions? There's only 1 listed on Amazon

Outrun

Lol some of you guys went in like the jacked prices are nothing.

I mostly just preordered Ratchet & Clank and Street Fighter V because they were $40 and $60 each respectively along with Uncharted 4 and Black Ops 3 to round out the order.

Thought about adding Battlefront but still not sure if I'm going PS4 or PC on that.

I think that the anticipation is that the prices are going higher, not lower in Canada, during the next 24 months...

Lexxism

If Amazon breaks my order into 2 shipments is that okay?.. (Can still remove games from large order and keep discount etc..? If only 2 games in shipment 2 of 2) Anyone know why they do that ?
I got one whole order which was split into two orders yesterday. I ordered it again and make some experiment. What I did is remove the 2 out of 3 games from the 2 of 2 shipment and it retained the discount for one game left on 2 of 2. Dunno why they are doing that but as long the discount is there I'm fine with it.

I think that the anticipation is that the prices are going higher, not lower in Canada, during the next 24 months...
Can they go higher though, that might be unsustainable for sales. I didn't pre-order any $80 games assuming that I can get the same deal closer to release. Now that I think about it, I better be safe and order some lol

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Can they go higher though, that might be unsustainable for sales. I didn't pre-order any $80 games assuming that I can get the same deal closer to release. Now that I think about it, I better be safe and order some lol

I think they'll prefer having zero sales from a relatively small country like Canada than keep decent prices and have american (as in "US citizen") import their games from here for cheaper. :/

BadWolf

Indeed, you can always cancel later if need be.

I think they'll prefer having zero sales from a relatively small country like Canada than keep decent prices and have american (as in "US citizen") import they can from here for cheaper. :/
Yeah, I don't get it really. Sony had the near instant increase to $449, all their accessories were also increased. Xbox looks like the 1tb system will be $449 even though the original X0 pretty much mirrored US pricing. The sales have to be affected sooner or later. Currently I see you could buy a bunch of PS4 digital codes on amazon.com cheaper than buying here. Would be nice if those caught on more for both PS4 and Xbox as then I would buy digital instead from the US.

Indeed, you can always cancel later if need be.
Yeah, I was figuring some next year PS4 games as I should probably buy a ps4 before then.

bcn1138

Neo Member
Got tired of waiting to see if there might be another price fluctuation. I was also hoping the Yoshi's Woolly world bundle would pop up. They should have accessory sales during E3 I need a wii U pro controller too.

My damage:

Fallout 4
Recore
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Ghost recon wildlands
Gears 4
Rare Replay
Dishonored 2
Deus Ex Mankind divided
Assassins Creed Syndicate
Super Mario Maker
Yoshi's Woolly world
Star Fox Wii u
Battlefront

Does anyone from Edmonton have any experience with Amazon Prime? Do you get your orders 1-2 days after release? Any times that its delivered on release?

I signed up for the free trial (will sign up once it lapses) and tried to change my order but it wouldn't let me. I had set the shipping to Priority shipping and then contacted customer service. They waived the shipping fee on my two pre orders on priority shipping.

My damage for this E3, all from Amazon:
Adrift
Assassins Creed
Call of Duty
Dark Souls 3
Deus Ex
Dishonored 2
Doom
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 15
Ghost Recon
God of War
Hitman
Homefront *May cancel depending on feedback*
Horizon
Just Cause 3
Kingdom Hearts 3
Legend of Zelda
Mad Max
Mass Effect 4
Metal Gear 5
Mighty No. 9
Mirrors Edge
Need for Speed
Neir 2
Plants vs Zombies 2
Rainbow Six
Ratchet and Clank
South Park
Star Wars Battlefront
The Division
The Last Guardian
Tony Hawk *May cancel depending on feedback*
Transformers
Uncharted 4
Uncharted Collection
Until Dawn
World of Final Fantasy Vita

Total = $1972.20 after the 30% discount (Thank god for Amazon)

It seems ridiculously expensive but its nice to know that its spread out over 2015/2016. And I usually sell off my games once I'm done on Kijiji.

My final tally is looking like this:

Fallout 4
Ratchet and Clank
FFXV
FFVII:R
Kingdom Hearts 3
Mass Effect
Horizon
+/- BLOPS3 (upset I thought adding it to my cart @$65 would hold until today)

and MAYBE Zesteria. I'm a big Tales fan and I love to support the series, but I am feeling quite burned lately with the big price drops ~2-3 months after release. Plus with my current lineup for this year I can definitely wait it out. How ever I feel the PS4 version could keep its price for much longer and at most approach to whats available now with 30% off.

FluxWaveZ

Before I pre-order Street Fighter V on Amazon.ca, could anyone tell me how they usually are with pre-release bonuses? I'd want to gain access to the game's beta, but there's nothing on the Amazon Canada page about it.

Edit: Ah, I see this is kind of an answer:
yep, can cancel after getting a code

people did the same thing for Destiny
Wonder if they'll be sending it at all, though. The Street Fighter site's Canada sign-up is for Amazon.com.

Gogo_ZvC

I just got:

• Kingdom Hearts 3
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Uncharted 4

Now we hope that the Canadian dollar balances out and prices drop before these are released.

My Haul:

Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy VII-R
Kingdom Hearts 3
Horizon
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
The Last Guardian
Dark Souls III
Uncharted 4
Tearaway
Ratchet and Clank
Star Wars Battlefront

3DS
Yokai Watch
Fire Emblem Fates

Order Summary
Items (13): CDN$ 864.71
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
E3 30% off promo: -CDN$ 259.41
Total before tax: CDN$ 605.30
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 78.70

Order Total: CDN$ 684.00

Just to be 100% clear, I can pre-order Xenoblade X, Zelda Wii U and.... something coming out in 2016 (SMT X FE!!!) on Amazon.ca, then cancel the rest of the order after I get Xenoblade and call it a day? They'll charge me once they ship my order of Xenoblade X at $69.99 - 30%, then once I cancel the rest it'll just disappear (If I really feel like cancelling... I want those games though so might keep them, but need to be sure I'll have the option)?

How do I apply the code? Is it during checkout (after I've entered shipping and billing info), or when I'm adding everything to the cart? I'm going to use Paypal linked to my debit card to pay I think.

Thanks in advance you lovely people. First time pre-ordering anything in life.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Before I pre-order Street Fighter V on Amazon.ca, could anyone tell me how they usually are with pre-release bonuses? I'd want to gain access to the game's beta, but there's nothing on the Amazon Canada page about it.

Edit: Ah, I see this is kind of an answer:

Wonder if they'll be sending it at all, though. The Street Fighter site's Canada sign-up is for Amazon.com.
I assume they just mean Amazon.ca. At the order finalization screen you even get a little notification about guaranteed beta access which I presume is for SFV.

evanmisha

FYI, I was able to convince Amazon support to drop the price of the Rock Band 4 bundle by 30% manually. I said that I was unable to apply the discount, he asked for the item and confirmed it was because it was ineligible, I said that it was eligible for Best Buy's E3 sale and that other items with accessories like Skylanders bundles were eligible, and he went for it. Made sure to mention the deal stipulation on price dropped items in chat too in case it somehow gets a later markdown. YMMV

Happy E3, everyone!

EDIT: Wait, are Skylanders bundles even eligible? Lol whoops

Bleh, screw it. I gotta head out of town and not sure I'll be back in time before the promo ends. Did the majority of my order on Amazon for 30% off and then Dragon Quest and Star Ocean on Best Buy for 20%.

Still a solid $200~ in savings though!

ElNino

When I picked Free shipping it changed the other option from shipping independently to shipping as a group when the whole order is avaliable.
Yes, it will do that... but they don't actually follow it.

They will ship your games as they become available. Otherwise, the 10+ games I received last year would still be waiting for Halo 5 and Quantum Break to release. ;-)

zeitgeist

Was going to hold off this year but here we are...

Pre-ordered from Amazon:

Fallout 4
Star Wars Battlefront
South Park
Dark Souls 3
FFVII
Mass Effect Andromeda

From E3 years ago:

Zelda
MGS V
Batman Arkham City
FFVX