• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada issues Bombay Sapphire gin recall for having more alcohol than advertised

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/04/news/gin-recall-bombay-sapphire-canada/

Canadian health authorities have launched a nationwide recall of Bombay Sapphire gin after bottles containing nearly double the advertised amount of alcohol were discovered.

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency said the bottles were found to contain 77% alcohol by volume rather than the typical 40%.

Bombay Sapphire is produced by the private firm Bacardi, which is well know for its rum products and Grey Goose Vodka.

The company said that up to 6,000 Bombay Sapphire bottles may be affected. The 1.1 liter bottles were sold only in Canada.

"The over proof product inadvertently entered the bottling line during a short period of time -- [up to] 45 minutes -- when [workers] were switching from one bottling tank to another bottling tank," the firm said.

Bacardi said the recall was launched after "an isolated consumer complaint and subsequent quality assurance checks."

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency warned consumers to throw out the bottles or return them. It said that there were no reports of anyone becoming sick from drinking the gin.

Other products may be recalled following a food safety investigation, the agency added.

Oops!

Primus

I'm willing to dispose of these bottles for anyone interested. In the name of Science and all that.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Recall?
This shit is going to become collector's items.

tumblr_mf31sj052Q1ryb0hd.gif

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They're drinking gin. They can't taste shit as it is. They won't even notice.

Poppy

this gin prejudice will not stand

gin is a liquor for those of discerning taste! not my fault you plebeians cant grasp the majesty of juniper and spices expertly extracted into a fine, smooth potable, then mixed with lime and tonic water, one of the top three cocktails available to us measly humans

Easy_D

never left the stone age

gin is a liquor for those of discerning taste! not my fault you plebeians cant grasp the majesty of juniper and spices expertly extracted into a fine, smooth potable, then mixed with lime and tonic water, one of the top three cocktails available to us measly humans
Preach. Gin & Tonic is great.

I'm just picturing somebody taking a bottle home for the evening and after two or three drinks they're like, "whoa did I skip eating today?"

I remember dribking bacardi 151

Was it 80 something %?

Still regret it to this day
151 proof! So a little less than 80.

Back in high school my friends and I played games of 5 stock Super Smash 64 and the loser would have to take a shot of everclear. Thankfully I was the best of the nuch but I still had my fair share...never again mane

kasane

151 proof! So a little less than 80.

Back in high school my friends and I played games of 5 stock Super Smash 64 and the loser would have to take a shot of everclear. Thankfully I was the best of the nuch but I still had my fair share...never again mane
We finished 1 whole bottle across thr span of 4 hours, all the while drinking some beer and empirador brandy too. Shit was cray

One of my craziest nights was when my friends and I were drinking Bombay..... Never again.

Do love me a good Gin & Tonic though.

Bacardi 151 though.... That shit is nasty. To think my high school self used to drink that with my buddies.

Natty Ice

Cups went round and round and the shots kept coming.

You goddamn right! Just look at this magnificent bastard. It has a fucking hat! And not just any hat, a bowler hat!

homebottle.png

That's a pretty dangerous level of alcohol if anyone consumed a few glasses quickly. But it's gin so that probably never happens unless you're a 60 year old woman.
But yeah, dangerously high level all the same.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I was expecting an extra 5-10%. Nearly double, lol

That's around the percentage for absinthe - wonder how that sugar cube treatment would work out with gin.

Top Bottom