• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proc

I'd love to get the digital copies but that deal is unreal. Plus the added perk of trading in those games after the honeymoon is over.

Lothars

I'd love to get the digital copies but that deal is unreal. Plus the added perk of trading in those games after the honeymoon is over.
My suggestion is to get the game you know you would keep digitally but the rest get physically at least that's what I am doing.

Trade 1 for 1 Vita game
Here's the list of possible trade-ins:
http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/Trading-Post/Trade-in-Games-Promo-Feb-17-23/m-p/349123

Here's the list of Vita games it can be used for:
PS Vita ModNation Racers
PS Vita Hot Shots Golf
PS Vita Ridge Racer
PS Vita Wipeout 2048
PS Vita F1 2011
PS Vita Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Hot Shots and UMvC3 are sold out at most Futureshop Toronto locations.

That link you posted says:

"Trade in 1 game, get any PSVita game $39.99 and under"

So, it's every game pretty much.

MDSLKTR

It's not already out? My friend has one..
It's this wednesday for ppl that didn't preorder the first buyers pack.
I tried to preorder yesterday in store at fs and they didn't let me and said the should have enough the 22nd... I guess I will have to sneak out during work to grab one.

whitehawk

Banned
Stupid me, I should have traded in Halo Anniversary to EBGames instead of Gamecentre. They gave me $15 but I would have gotten $25 for trade-in credit at EBGames.

I have a $150 Eaton centre giftcard + a $25 EBGames + Mario 3DLand $25 credit. So $200 off of a PSVita :)

isny

napkin dispenser
Too bad the 8gb cards and most of the games are OOS online. Hopefully they add stock in the next couple of days.

Ramblin

Banned
Stupid me, I should have traded in Halo Anniversary to EBGames instead of Gamecentre. They gave me $15 but I would have gotten $25 for trade-in credit at EBGames.

I have a $150 Eaton centre giftcard + a $25 EBGames + Mario 3DLand $25 credit. So $200 off of a PSVita :)

But you supported a little guy. Kudos to you. Wished I still lived closer to a Gamecentre.

Kazerei

Banned
Ahahaha, I didn't even bother trying, I assumed the deal still wouldn't be available until the 22nd. Lumines better stay in stock.

Wow even with getting Uncharted with the FEB, I wish I waited and got that FS deal.
50$ extra for a smaller mem card, a case that smells like the inside of an asshole and a game that was worth 7$ TIV but FS wouldn't even let me trade in because it says 'not for resale on it'. Oh well at least I got it a week early.

So I was at Futureshop and saw a trade in 5 games for a Vita for $99. The games include AC Revelations, FF13-2 and Dark Souls plus others which I don't have. Does EB have a similar deal? I don't mind trading in some games...but trading in Dark Souls makes me sad. I wouldn't mind trading in Rage and Deus Ex though.

Kazerei

Banned
So I was at Futureshop and saw a trade in 5 games for a Vita for $99. The games include AC Revelations, FF13-2 and Dark Souls plus others which I don't have. Does EB have a similar deal? I don't mind trading in some games...but trading in Dark Souls makes me sad. I wouldn't mind trading in Rage and Deus Ex though.

This one should work

$25 TRADE CREDIT
FOR EACH GAME TRADED TOWARDS HARDWARE!
When you buy hardware (new or used), get $25 trade credit for each game you trade in! That includes the PlayStation 3D Display Bundle!
Promotion applies to titles with a minimum $8 trade value only.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
According to EB games, AC:R is $29.99.

Buy 1 Copy, trade in at futureshop for $39.99 Vita game; Save $10?

it's possible to game the system like this fairly often. it's almost always possible to spend $45 in buying turds at various stores to flip for an ebgames trade 3 for example.

Sober

Any good preorder deals floating around for ME3? I know I got 2 more weeks but I missed the one on Origin that came with a free copy of BF3 and Amazon has 10$ credit but it's US site. I'm getting it on PC but I'd rather get a physical copy unless the deal is that good.

bs000

Any good preorder deals floating around for ME3? I know I got 2 more weeks but I missed the one on Origin that came with a free copy of BF3 and Amazon has 10$ credit but it's US site. I'm getting it on PC but I'd rather get a physical copy unless the deal is that good.

Futureshop has $5 off if you pre-order online, $10 towards a game in March if you pre-order in store+a steelbok case

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/mass-effect-3-pc-english/10174498.aspx?path=f5644185554a332e676d5fe74eef4e1fen02

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So you don't need a membership to buy from them?
How do they ship? Courier?
No.
UPS according to the confirmation email I just got.

Shipping & Terms
Standard shipping via UPS is included in the quoted price. Signature required on delivery. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 7 - 10 business days from the time of order.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No.
UPS according to the confirmation email I just got.
Blerp. Tempting, but UPS... hrm. :/

I guess I'll see if Futureshop's offer pops back up online before deciding whether or not I'll grab a Vita in the first place. lol

Ah, derp, the online offer is done? Ah well.

CTE

This is for EB? How do I check the TIV for 3DS or DS games ?

So if I trade in AC Rev, FF13-2, Rage, Deus Ex, Zelda OoTv3d and Ace Combat 3d I could have $150 in credit?

RAGE and Deus Ex are under 8 trade in. Won't qualify unless they are offering more where you are for some reason. Not sure about the others. I know about the first 2 because I tried.

edit - Damn. double post. sorry.

John Blade

Just gonna say this as I saw this in Mississauga Wallmart in Square One when passing by.

This is all 19.99 dollars and found in those section where terrible games are located
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Golden Sun Dark Dawn
Mario Galaxy (the Nintendo Red Box version)
Paper Mario (the Nintendo Red Box version)
The Legendary Starfy
Couple third party 3DS game

I would say they is quite alot of Professor Layton and Golden Sun still there but Starfy is just 6-8 copies left.

Hope someone might use this to buy those game if they're still interested.

RAGE and Deus Ex are under 8 trade in. Won't qualify unless they are offering more where you are for some reason. Not sure about the others. I know about the first 2 because I tried.

edit - Damn. double post. sorry.

Actually Rage and Deus Ex did qualify as of yesterday when I went in to ask the sales associate.

whitehawk

Banned
But you supported a little guy. Kudos to you. Wished I still lived closer to a Gamecentre.
They opened a new Game Centre near dufferin I think. A friend of mine works there. I'm not sure what the adress is though because they haven't update their facebook page.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
They opened a new Game Centre near dufferin I think. A friend of mine works there. I'm not sure what the adress is though because they haven't update their facebook page.

What? First I've heard of this. I don't see anything mentioned on their website, or Facebook. DETAILS PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom