• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

I was at an EB Games today, and PS4 accessories were available for sale. They've been told they can start selling controllers, PS Eye, etc., now, but they may not get extras at launch. That makes it kind of tempting.

Lexxism

Jack Skellington figurine? Is that a Disney Infinity thing? lol

edit: SAVE $5!!! WOAHHHH

Save $5 ... wow. Retailer margins must be tight if they're not even knocking off another $5 to make it $499.99

Shouldn't be 15? Since Sony are selling the DS4 for 59.99 :lol

I was at an EB Games today, and PS4 accessories were available for sale. They've been told they can start selling controllers, PS Eye, etc., now, but they may not get extras at launch. That makes it kind of tempting.

By any chance, did you see a PS4 vertical stand?

zroid

Banned
If you pay attention they are already discounting the DS4 by 10$, so it's a total of 15$ saving, and the save 20$ on KZ:SF with DS4 preorder is expired already, still it's not worth the space they took on the flyer :D

Shouldn't be 15? Since Sony are selling the DS4 for 59.99 :lol

Oh yeah. But still, you're only getting $5 off as a bundling discount, since the selling price of the DS4 standalone is $49.99 on the flyer.

Shopper's is going to have the Wii U basic for $200 starting this weekend.

Is that every Shoppers and they will be stocking and selling? Or is it just a few that are dumping some remaining inventory? I'd LOVE to get one for that price, but the Shoppers around here (Ottawa/Kanata) are abysmal when it comes to stock on the consoles. Is there like a flyer, RFD, etc, anything announcing it?

By the way Amazon.ca is giving you 10$ off selected PS4 games if you preorder 2 of them, just in case someone missed on all other offers, now you can save a little bit!

Taken from RFD, here -

hk7m.jpg

What store is this? Staples?

joedick

Is that every Shoppers and they will be stocking and selling? Or is it just a few that are dumping some remaining inventory? I'd LOVE to get one for that price, but the Shoppers around here (Ottawa/Kanata) are abysmal when it comes to stock on the consoles. Is there like a flyer, RFD, etc, anything announcing it?

It's in the flyer. Of course a lot of Shoppers stores don't carry all the food deals, so it's still no guarantee. Plus, flyer states 'while supplies last'.

Not a huge loss if you miss it, I don't think it's that much better a deal than the $300 system + more storage + two games + 10% back on digital games. Even if you don't want the games, you could sell the disc for a decent price or get an okay trade value on it.

khaaan

Shopper's is going to have the Wii U basic for $200 starting this weekend.

Oh lawd. I might jump on this, but I'm afraid feeling burned during the holiday season though I don't think it'll be THAT substantial. Last year when I bought a 3DS in November the only thing I missed out was on a free copy of StarFox.

So here's the thing, I'm temporarily moving to Edmonton for a little while, may be for a month or two.

I have a preorder of the PS4 in store and online. Since I'm moving to Edmonton, there is no way they will ship it day 1 there, would probably take a week. The instore pre-order, I won't be here to pick it up Day 1 :(

EDIT: Anybody from Calgary/Edmonton area order the console online? Any ideas on the delivery date from Amazon or Future Shop?

anyone else expecting to get their PS4 parcels on Monday instead of Friday due to CanadaPost issuing slips and not knocking on doors?

My Canada Post pick up centre is open on Saturday. So if worst comes to worst I will need wait an extra day for my Xbox One. I have my PS4 preorder in store.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Which 3DS is going to be $150 at Shoppers? If its the XL, that's hot. I have a friend looking to pick one up.

I still can't believe that its been over a week since Pacific Rim came out and Best Buy STILL hasn't shipped my copy out. Its been in stock since last week, wtf are they doing.

jet1911

anyone else expecting to get their PS4 parcels on Monday instead of Friday due to CanadaPost issuing slips and not knocking on doors?

Bah I'm expecting even later than that because I'm sure Futureshop won't ship the console in time for people to receive it on the 15.

Which 3DS is going to be $150 at Shoppers? If its the XL, that's hot. I have a friend looking to pick one up.

I still can't believe that its been over a week since Pacific Rim came out and Best Buy STILL hasn't shipped my copy out. Its been in stock since last week, wtf are they doing.
I'd get one if it's XL too; but none of the shoppers I have checked have XL in store. How they world I have no idea.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Watch_Dogs and Driveclub included in that pre-order bundle? There will be some disappointed people. :lol

Bear

(Quick check in case I find a good used deal before Nov 8th: The 32GB is not that useful, right? I plan on connecting a USB HD no matter what, so I could in theory find an 8GB unit and not lose any functionality?)

Flash memory has faster read times than an external HDD, I've heard of a few issues that are allegedly caused by that like slower asset streaming and longer loading times. It's possible that those issues had nothing to do with the HDD, I'm basing this solely on a handful of unverified claims, but that's the only concern I'm aware of.

bremon

EDIT: Anybody from Calgary/Edmonton area order the console online? Any ideas on the delivery date from Amazon or Future Shop?
I pre-ordered it online with Future Shop. I'm expecting them to ship it the day before, and realistically not expecting to have it delivered until Monday. If, by some divine stroke of luck, they deliver Friday, I imagine I will have to pick up Saturday since I rarely have any delivery people from any company actually attempt to do anything more than put an "attempted delivery" notice at the door.

a916

I pre-ordered it online with Future Shop. I'm expecting them to ship it the day before, and realistically not expecting to have it delivered until Monday. If, by some divine stroke of luck, they deliver Friday, I imagine I will have to pick up Saturday since I rarely have any delivery people from any company actually attempt to do anything more than put an "attempted delivery" notice at the door.

Is this what they've done previously for console launches?

This is the first time I pre-ordered online. I have a console pre-ordered from Futureshop and Best Buy and they both deliver within 24 hours of shipping because I like so close to their BC shipping center, so it would be perfect for me if they ship it the day before.

FrsDvl

So here's the thing, I'm temporarily moving to Edmonton for a little while, may be for a month or two.

I have a preorder of the PS4 in store and online. Since I'm moving to Edmonton, there is no way they will ship it day 1 there, would probably take a week. The instore pre-order, I won't be here to pick it up Day 1 :(

Edmonton here. All I can tell you is that, FS and BB both ship from Richmond. They will try to aim for release date delivery and usually send stuff out about 2 days ahead. Which is the amount of time it usually takes to get delivered to Edmonton. You would more than likely recieve it on the 15th. But it's not guaranteed.

Firestorm

From what I hear, the XY guide is trash. No dex as you all probably knew (they're always sold separately) and no post-game content covered.

MarkusRJR

From what I hear, the XY guide is trash. No dex as you all probably knew (they're always sold separately) and no post-game content covered.
Wasn't the post game content and Pokedex in part two of the guide for B/W? I'd expect the same situation here. Only thing missing in the X/Y part one guide seems to be the mini Pokedex which basically told you nothing anyway and was kinda useless.

Ondore

That's been the case going back to Diamond and Pearl - postgame stuff in the Pokedex. Is that truly only coming out in January?

Edmonton here. All I can tell you is that, FS and BB both ship from Richmond. They will try to aim for release date delivery and usually send stuff out about 2 days ahead. Which is the amount of time it usually takes to get delivered to Edmonton. You would more than likely recieve it on the 15th. But it's not guaranteed.

Well, that is a little comforting, but as you guys said, I wouldn't have any hope.

zroid

Banned

To be expected I guess -- I mean they're selling a hardcover version for $11.50. I'll flip through it and if it has some nice artwork and stuff I'll keep it.

jet1911

Tried the PS4 at a Sony Store today. First the demo selection is super shitty. Knack, Fifa, Octodad, Contrast, Super Motherload and a pinball game. That's not how you're supposed to sell your next-gen console Sony.

I tried Knack and Octodad. Knack was alright, I'll probably rent it, it was simple but kinda challenging. It's super easy to die in combat but the ennemies are also easy to kill so there's a good balance there. Octodad was just weiiiiird and the control were a bit of a mess. There was some slowdown too.

The star of the show was the DS4. Great, great controller. Felt amazing in my hands, it's bigger than the DS3, the trigger are amazing, almost no deadzone in the sticks. It felt sturdy. Overall disapointed by the choice of games, really impressed by the controller. The console look nice in person too.

soultron

Banned
Tried the PS4 at a Sony Store today. First the demo selection is super shitty. Knack, Fifa, Octodad, Contrast, Super Motherload and a pinball game. That's not how you're supposed to sell your next-gen console Sony.

I tried Knack and Octodad. Knack was alright, I'll probably rent it, it was simple but kinda challenging. It's super easy to die in combat but the ennemies are also easy to kill so there's a good balance there. Octodad was just weiiiiird and the control were a bit of a mess. There was some slowdown too.

The star of the show was the DS4. Great, great controller. Felt amazing in my hands, it's bigger than the DS3, the trigger are amazing, almost no deadzone in the sticks. It felt sturdy. Overall disapointed by the choice of games, really impressed by the controller. The console look nice in person too.

That seems like a pretty decent line up of demo software. I doubt Sony would want to show KZ since it's a pretty hard M rating what with all the brutal melee executions; this is a public demo station rather than a trade show.

Top Bottom