• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Returners

wtf ebgames.

I send em an email to cancel my FF XIV order on friday night when I ordered it, was scared it was not going to be possible so I called yesterday and she tells me it has already being prepared at the warehouse or something like that so she can't cancel it.
Ok cool, I just cancelled my order on FS and got the money back to my gift card to buy a 1tb HD for the ps4.

now I just get an email from them saying that they were able to process my cancellation request >_>

fuck now I gotta go to an eb games and buy FF XIV there now to be sure I got it since the sale ends on dec 5!

GOD DAMNIT EB GAMES GET YO SHIT TOGETHER

You know you can return online bought EBGames.ca stuff to their retail store right....?

We ever had any good price for Vita memory card in Canada? I am tempted to get a 16GB at EBgames US for 19.99$ and have it shipped to my wife's dad in Alabama so he can put it in the next package he sends her. However, if there is a chance of good price for boxing day or something I would prefer to not deal with all that shipping around.

You know you can return online bought EBGames.ca stuff to their retail store right....?

They don't refund the shipping fees >_>

Sounds more life you need to get your shit together and plan your expenditures out a bit more wisely. The fine people at EB Games are doing their best in what is sure to be a busy weekend. Please show them more respect.

EB games: power to the players

Lol are you serious?
Plan my shit? Well I emailed them 20 mins after my order, only to get a response on monday. Yes I had it all planed out since I called on Sunday just in case, and she told me on the phone that it was unable to be cancelled.
This morning when I got their email saying that it was cancelled I checked my order status which showed closed and I assume it was really cancelled since I did not receive no tracking number of the sort.
lol oh my, eb games/gamestop is the worst gaming company in Canada/North America, if I don't have to I avoid them at all cost.

MercuryLS

Banned
Any good deal on Mario 3D Land? I can't believe a 2 year old game is still full priced. Nintendo games really hold their value, shit.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Any good deal on Mario 3D Land? I can't believe a 2 year old game is still full priced. Nintendo games really hold their value, shit.

It was free at least once or twice through Club Nintendo. There were also plenty of opportunities to pick it up for cheap from the FS/BB 50% off used games promo over the past few weeks.

MercuryLS

Banned
It was free at least once or twice through Club Nintendo. There were also plenty of opportunities to pick it up for cheap from the FS/BB 50% off used games promo over the past few weeks.

Yeah I really missed out, just bought the 3DS yesterday. Game looks fun as fuck.

Flambe

Ni No Kuni is pretty great :) Got it for $60 a couple months ago and even though I haven't had a ton of time to play it it was worth it. Sick price now!

Damn! Just heard about the 50% off used games and they're already picked clean :(

Tell yourself that a lot of the great games were already out of stock before it came up. A few had a very low amount of copies that went out of stock in the first minutes and people had all the troubles in the world even accessing their carts. A headache that was only worthy for a few people.

Speaking of Black Friday deals, I picked these up for $60 over the weekend at Microplay, they had buy one get one free on used games, some old titles, but at around 6 bucks per game, I cant complain.

zwSZvEA.jpg

Only lemon is Forza 4, I realized too late it is the "essentials" edition, So im gonna have to get the real edition at some point the future.

daftstar

Tell yourself that a lot of the great games were already out of stock before it came up. A few had a very low amount of copies that went out of stock in the first minutes and people had all the troubles in the world even accessing their carts. A headache that was only worthy for a few people.

Ah I see. Well I suppose I can wait till Boxing Day. The only game I really want is Zelda OoT 3D and maybe RE: Revelations. The former never or rarely goes on sale from what I know.

Appleman

Picking up two Wii Remote Pluses from the Source but I just can't decide whether to go black to match my Wii U and other controllers, or go crazy with the Mario and Luigi ones....

Tsundere

Banned
Shop.ca still at Supplier Processing with my Killzone PS4 bundle, hopefully changes to shipping soon as it's supposed to ship by next Monday..

iphys

Picking up two Wii Remote Pluses from the Source but I just can't decide whether to go black to match my Wii U and other controllers, or go crazy with the Mario and Luigi ones....

Mario & Luigi is the only reason I bought 2 more. Hadn't even noticed they were blue on the bottom before now -- sweet! Definitely nice having different colour wiimotes so you can keep track of them a bit better. I'm sure you're guaranteed more value if you ever decide to sell them too.

Sajjaja

Ni No Kuni is on sale on PSN+ for $7.99

Thinking of picking it up, great price.

I gotta go physical. I was looking to pick up a used copy from EB but there are almost nowhere to be seen. Amazon's $10+shipping and tax brings it to around $13.50 for a new copy which is awesome.

zroid

Banned
On a tight leash but I'm tempted to grab a pair of Mario & Luigi motes since I'm kind of feeling like I just got $20 free from Amazon, lol.

Lexxism

Damn. I still can't decide if I should buy those two wiimotes or not. I'll probably buy if there's still stocks left when I get home. (Thats it lol)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I live-chatted with an Amazon.ca rep and got my price protected for the Zelda guides. She said since it's been "less than a week" they can do it.

Thx for the heads-up... I just live-chatted with an Amazon.ca rep for the same thing and got a refund on the price difference too... got a $17.56 refund...
I sent an email this morning through their CS section and got that amount back also.

Here's a detailed breakdown of your refund:

Item Refund: CDN$ 16.72
Item Tax Refund: CDN$ 0.84

Your refund is being credited as follows: CDN$ 17.56

So random question, but that UPlay giveaway someone posted about earlier in the thread for Assassin's Creed IV/Just Dance 4: did anything actually come of that? I haven't received any keys yet and it's been more than two days.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So random question, but that UPlay giveaway someone posted about earlier in the thread for Assassin's Creed IV/Just Dance 4: did anything actually come of that? I haven't received any keys yet and it's been more than two days.
I got the keys right away when I did them.

balohna

I did the M&L remotes from The Source. Pretty nice that they offer in-store pickup for free, especially considering they have locations in almost every mall.

I was considering getting Wii Party U for the Wiimote, but I'm not sure I'd ever play it.

Luigi87

I was going to cringe at FFXIV being only $10 for PS+ subscribers, since I just bought it from Amazon, but then I wonder if buying it from PSN activates the game automatically or not? (Since I don't plan to play until the PS4 ver. comes out)

Savitar

Amazon.ca has a somewhat decent bundle for a Vita if you wanted one. Comes with a case, 8 GB, Hot Shots Golf and Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified which is perfect for a coaster for 179.99

Top Bottom