• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

frequency

I was going to cringe at FFXIV being only $10 for PS+ subscribers, since I just bought it from Amazon, but then I wonder if buying it from PSN activates the game automatically or not? (Since I don't plan to play until the PS4 ver. comes out)

I doubt it would activate automatically.

It should just give you the game client download. And running that will start a set up process that links your PSN ID to either an existing Square Enix account or to create a new account. That should be when it gets activated.

Guys,

I am thinking of ordering the New Year edition of the PS4 from amazon, a couple of questions though:

1. When does amazon charge your credit card? Closer to the shipping date (~ January 15) or as soon as I place my order?

2. Can I cancel my order from amazon? Say between now and January I find a PS4 locally, how hard is it to cancel my order?

Guys,

I am thinking of ordering the New Year edition of the PS4 from amazon, a couple of questions though:

1. When does amazon charge your credit card? Closer to the shipping date (~ January 15) or as soon as I place my order?

2. Can I cancel my order from amazon? Say between now and January I find a PS4 locally, how hard is it to cancel my order?

They charge you when it ships and it takes maybe three clicks to cancel an order.

ohlawd

Holy shit it's here Ys is finally here. What a sexy looking box. A working compass? That's what I call value. Star Fox made it here too.

I really gotta finish Gravity Rush quick. Such a mediocre game I'm ashamed to have had hype for it.

zroid

Banned
Holy shit it's here Ys is finally here. What a sexy looking box. A working compass? That's what I call value. Star Fox made it here too.

I really gotta finish Gravity Rush quick. Such a mediocre game I'm ashamed to have had hype for it.

tomorrow for me :(

and i know dat feel re: gravity rush. was so hyped when it was first announced.

Hmm. Beginning to wonder if perhaps they closed things off by the time I tried it. It just told me I'd get a key within two days or something along those lines.

EDIT: Oh, weird, I actually show up as one of the winners on their blog. Also, it seems like there weren't very many copies to go around in the first place, so extra congrats to the GAF winners.

They still have Just Dance for both console haha... The way this contest is worded is very weird. Clicking the Just Dance one, it seems like you get it for sure. So it is just to be in the first X numbers to request it? Because they also make it sound like it's not win for sure: "Enter an instant win sweepstake and...Be the first to win blablabla". Overall, it seems more like simply redeeming than winning.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They still have Just Dance for both console haha... The way this contest is worded is very weird. Clicking the Just Dance one, it seems like you get it for sure. So it is just to be in the first X numbers to request it? Because they also make it sound like it's not win for sure: "Enter an instant win sweepstake and...Be the first to win blablabla". Overall, it seems more like simply redeeming than winning.
I think it is first come first serve. Although I was under the impression that they had a hundred copies of each... maybe that's throughout the entire promotion, so hopefully they'll stock up soon.

zroid

Banned
Wow. This is bullshit.

Since they did one price guarantee once for me, they can't do it again.

Fuck it amazon. You've been trash all of November.

da hell? yeesh, amazon...

can you at least order another and then return it? I forget how returns work with amazon, it just costs the same to return as it does to ship, right? (so free, in this case)

I think it is first come first serve. Although I was under the impression that they had a hundred copies of each... maybe that's throughout the entire promotion, so hopefully they'll stock up soon.

Yea looks like it is and it will be spread around during the weeks. It just all worded in a dumb way. It's like if Club Nintendo would say: Enter an instant win sweepstake for 400 coins and...Be the first to win these Mario Poster!

Nobody is checking that thing or you would have not been able to get a game as late as you did haha. I will keep checking for the update, that's for sure.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yea looks like it is and it will be spread around during the weeks. It just all worded in a dumb way. It's like if Club Nintendo would say: Enter an instant win sweepstake for 400 coins and...Be the first to win these Mario Poster!

Nobody is checking that thing or you would have not been able to get a game as late as you did haha. I will keep checking for the update, that's for sure.
Yeah, really. lol
I almost want to grab a copy of Just Dance just for kicks, but I think I'll just hold out for the chance at the season pass.

--

Oh yeah, I managed to get the 2 wiimotes for 50 bucks then, but god, I had no idea that nunchucks were 25 bucks. I almost want to go for the refurb wiimote bundles, even though I managed to get both Mario and Luigi ones.

Luigi87

I doubt it would activate automatically.

It should just give you the game client download. And running that will start a set up process that links your PSN ID to either an existing Square Enix account or to create a new account. That should be when it gets activated.

When I thought about it again, I remembered the need to link to Squenix.
Oh well, win some, lose some. At least I have a fancy disc and case, lol

Returners

da hell? yeesh, amazon...

can you at least order another and then return it? I forget how returns work with amazon, it just costs the same to return as it does to ship, right? (so free, in this case)

No I just did my Zelda 3DS XL return. They charge you Canada Post shipping. $5.90 IIRC if it's not their "fault" (damaged goods etc.)

trixx

Yeah, really. lol
I almost want to grab a copy of Just Dance just for kicks, but I think I'll just hold out for the chance at the season pass.

--

Oh yeah, I managed to get the 2 wiimotes for 50 bucks then, but god, I had no idea that nunchucks were 25 bucks. I almost want to go for the refurb wiimote bundles, even though I managed to get both Mario and Luigi ones.

Yea i think i'm going to order the refurbished blue wiimote/nunchuck for $20. Fantastic deal.
Now all i need is pro controller to be on sale

zroid

Banned
No I just did my Zelda 3DS XL return. They charge you Canada Post shipping. $5.90 IIRC if it's not their "fault" (damaged goods etc.)

bummer... would probably cost a bucketload to return the zelda guides then. shit is heavy. >:\

this is part of why I try to avoid amazon. returning online orders is so much more convenient when they have retail stores.

Mayyhem

Hey so my Futureshop e3 order of BF4 for Xbox One shipped on the 18th of Nov but still has not arrived. I emailed them on the 27th and they said if it does not come by the 2nd of Dec I should contact them again so they can file a lost shipment notice with the carrier.

Wtf it actually did not come and it's the 2nd. I emailed them back, but im curious, has anyone had any experience with this with futureshop?

I'm so annoyed, mostly because I spent the whole first week waiting for the mail man cause I live in an apt building and you have to be home to receive the orders.

chimster

Hey so my Futureshop e3 order of BF4 for Xbox One shipped on the 18th of Nov but still has not arrived. I emailed them on the 27th and they said if it does not come by the 2nd of Dec I should contact them again so they can file a lost shipment notice with the carrier.

Wtf it actually did not come and it's the 2nd. I emailed them back, but im curious, has anyone had any experience with this with futureshop?

I'm so annoyed, mostly because I spent the whole first week waiting for the mail man cause I live in an apt building and you have to be home to receive the orders.

If you login online there is a tracking number with your order, you can see if that gives you any more information

Mayyhem

If you login online there is a tracking number with your order, you can see if that gives you any more information

It does not, I tried it, its been on "In Transit" since it shipped, has not budged. I contacted Canada Post and they said contact FS lol

Dazzler

FS Robson in Vancouver had a bunch of Xbox Ones in stock over the weekend

not sure if they're still there

I asked one of the staff had they got Ones in stock because I saw him prepping one for someone to buy and he said: Yea, a bunch, do you want one?

Even though I don't want one, it still got a minor twinge of regret out of me

At the time of this post Futureshop and Bestbuy.ca have PS4s in stock, go NOW, RFD is taking advantage, best buy had 86 PS4s when I ordered.

terrible

Banned
At the time of this post Futureshop and Bestbuy.ca have PS4s in stock, go NOW, RFD is taking advantage, best buy had 86 PS4s when I ordered.

Refreshing the Futureshop page to watch the numbers go down is weirdly addictive. It goes down like 5 units per refresh.

trixx

I hope all of you get your ps4's i should probably notify my brother about it but i don't think he does online.

Anyone know where i can get a 2gb sd card i wanted to try out project m on wii. Do they even sell these anymore?
Also any reccomendations on what i should add on nintendo store shippment? I don't really want to pay for the shipping lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I hope all of you get your ps4's i should probably notify my brother about it but i don't think he does online.

Anyone know where i can get a 2gb sd card i wanted to try out project m on wii.
Also any reccomendations on what i should add on nintendo store shippment? I don't really want to pay for the shipping lol
How much is shipping anyway?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's $7. I'm thinking i should pick something up with it
A 2gb sd card is $11 and a 16gb is $13 on the Nintendo website lol
Oh wow, 7 bucks eh?
Well, if nothing else, Futureshop has like 32gb SD cards for 22 bucks or something like that, which would be cheaper than buying from them... unless you really need a 2gb card.

So I wont get the game...? cause I ordered it at 39.99
That will depend on the CSR, probably. A nice one will let you re-order the game and then give you a 20 dollar discount. One who doesn't care will say that the promo is expired, at which point you might try asking to speak to a supervisor since the package was lost.

Roto13

I could have sworn that ad in the PS3 PS Store said there was going to be another sale today. I guess I read it wrong? Or they think adding NBA 2K14 for $40 counts as a Cyber Monday sale.

Yawnier

Banned
Pretty lackluster Cyber Monday this year all around with a few decent deals like those Wiimotes and Fire Emblem: Awakening, at least there is Boxing Day in 3 and a half weeks though.

DiamondDogs

Neo Member
I passed on Fire Emblem Awakening for 24.99. Think I can get it for the same price or $20 on boxing day. Anyone think I'm crazy for thinking this?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What's the best deal currently on a small Xbox 360 Slim internal hard drive?

I've only seen this, but I don't need 320GB's. Thanks.
If you aren't afraid of DIY, you can buy a case from dx.com and then buy your own WD drive and format it to work with the 360.

Otherwise, you'll probably have to dig around some EBgames looking for the smaller sized drives or even the older drives that used to fit on the old 360s.

I passed on Fire Emblem Awakening for 24.99. Think I can get it for the same price or $20 on boxing day. Anyone think I'm crazy for thinking this?
Price match at Futureshop, then return it if you find it cheaper?

Top Bottom