• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

frequency

$20 or whatever on FFXIV is not weak!

What is weak is buying the PC version way back in the first release.
And even though you get ARR for "free" for having the PC version, buying the PS3 ARR CE for $90 though you never intend to seriously play the PS3 version.

All for a stupid CD sampler and some worthless post card things.

Worst gaming related purchase ever.

At least I got 30 days play time out of it...

No_Style

I know in general we have higher prices but over the course of the year we save far more money and don't need to wait months for clearance prices to do so. Seeing people bitch about US deals because of one insignificant sale is a little frustrating in a thread where we post good deals year round.
Ah that does stink then.

I've learned to treat those as gut reactions. I'm sure lots of Americans would trade a bunch of one off deals like FE:A for $14.99 for FS/BB E3 deals.

frequency

"The grass is always greener on the other side"

E3 deals are crazy. I have saved so much money.

We get some other great deals they never see down south either. Like I got one of my 3DSs for $99 thanks to a Wal-Mart and Nintendo of Canada sale/rebate.

So my iPad got delivered from BB a bit earlier than expected to find the iPad box squeezed and kinda destroyed on the side because the idiots shipped it in a bubble bag!!
Now I'll take it to the nearest BB and try to exchange it!
I really regret not ordering it from Apple themselves :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Any GTA'ers who ordered the shop ps4 should be getting it today if it ships. I'll let you guys know if it arrives.
Waaaat?! They confirmed shipping?

---

Oh yeah, I asked on the Ubisoft forms - anyone who won codes via the Uplay thing should be getting them this week, apparently. Let's hope it goes without a hitch!

-Deimos

No I mean IF they ship. Infinity said they should ship today so if they do, I'll let you guys know since I'll be one of the first to get it. If not, we have until the 9th.

All sold out at the west Edmonton Superstore (as with any deal item in Edmonton, it seems).

ikdOz1E3ZQ4it.jpg

I already own one so if they did have it in stock it would have been more annoying than anything.

shocked-spit-out-drink-o.gif

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
My Walmart Wii U has shipped, fucking finally!

I guess that scathing email I sent last night finally did it ;)

Maximus.

My walmart Wii U has finally shipped as well! Took them long enough, but I dont ever remember them being as fast as Amazon/Futureshop/Best Buy. If I find the Wii U at Superstore for 190 that would be cool, but not counting on it.

IllumiNate

lol at some of you complaining about a cpl deals the US gets that we don't. Umm we get next gen games for $39.98, Handheld games for $26.98. We have superstore ludicrous pricing & we have Optimum reward points.

Parapraxis

All sold out at the west Edmonton Superstore (as with any deal item in Edmonton, it seems).

ikdOz1E3ZQ4it.jpg

I already own one so if they did have it in stock it would have been more annoying than anything.

Oh man, I relly wish we had a full-on SS here. When does the sale end, I may check around at other SuperStores in my area (Cape Breton)

Apathy

ikdOz1E3ZQ4it.jpg

Any word on if any other Superstore is doing this?

Vamphuntr

Ebgames shipped the games I bought on BF from them but still hasn't shipped my Vita + free Uncharted. Doesn't help that Uncharted and the Walking Dead bundle are out of stock on the website and that they still charged my card on the 29th for it. Price was glitched I think though. 179.99$ for all that seemed low.

i-Jest

Ebgames shipped the games I bought on BF from them but still hasn't shipped my Vita + free Uncharted. Doesn't help that Uncharted and the Walking Dead bundle are out of stock on the website and that they still charged my card on the 29th for it. Price was glitched I think though. 179.99$ for all that seemed low.

I feel your pain brother. Still waiting on them to ship my Rayman Origins/Legends order. Got my other games delivered today though.

Vamphuntr

I feel your pain brother. Still waiting on them to ship my Rayman Origins/Legends order. Got my other games delivered today though.

It's kind of surprising considering I bought tons of stuff from them before and it would ship really quickly. I guess they are swamped with orders or that they poorly evaluated their stock. I usually get good customer service with them so I'll try to contact them tomorrow if nothing has happened yet.

i-Jest

It's kind of surprising considering I bought tons of stuff from them before and it would ship really quickly. I guess they are swamped with orders or that they poorly evaluated their stock. I usually get good customer service with them so I'll try to contact them tomorrow if nothing has happened yet.

Yeah. I've had a generally good experience with them. I'll make an inquiry tomorrow as well.

All Superstores in Western Canada as far as I know but they are all sold out by now I think.

Weird quirk that's worth noting: the Superstore in Thunder Bay is apparently run by the same people who run the Western Superstores, NOT the ones who handle the Ontario ones. So often any sales that run in the west will also run in Thunder Bay.

I don't know if this info will be useful to anyone, and actually I'm not sure if this is still the current working arrangement, but there you go.

farisr

So has infinity (or anybody else that is privy to this info) told us about the next time they're going to put up the Xbox One for sale on shop.ca? (even if it is backordered or a delayed shipment)

Maximus.

Checked out a local superstore and they were sold out of Wii Us. Also changed their tag to 249.99, which is still a deal or could've been remnants of their Black Friday sale.

kurahadol

Did anyone order a PS4 from bestbuy a few days ago? If so, did your order ship? My card was charged the same day but its still in "In Progress" status now, I figured it shipped the same night as when the card was charged.

Weird quirk that's worth noting: the Superstore in Thunder Bay is apparently run by the same people who run the Western Superstores, NOT the ones who handle the Ontario ones. So often any sales that run in the west will also run in Thunder Bay.

I don't know if this info will be useful to anyone, and actually I'm not sure if this is still the current working arrangement, but there you go.

Are you from Thunder Bay??? I am too!

jred2k

My Walmart Wii U has shipped, fucking finally!

I guess that scathing email I sent last night finally did it ;)

My walmart Wii U has finally shipped as well! Took them long enough, but I dont ever remember them being as fast as Amazon/Futureshop/Best Buy. If I find the Wii U at Superstore for 190 that would be cool, but not counting on it.

I called about it on Monday, apparently their warehouse was out of stock, so those orders get passed back to the manufacturer. Thats the line I got from the CS rep, anyways. Its coming via Canada Post so I'm hoping it'll make it to me before the weekend, but the current EDA is December 9th.

Tsundere

Banned
No I mean IF they ship. Infinity said they should ship today so if they do, I'll let you guys know since I'll be one of the first to get it. If not, we have until the 9th.

Still at Supplier Shipping for me.

Easy to bring up a dispute with Paypal if anything goes wrong.

Top Bottom