• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Dunlop

Still at Supplier Shipping for me.

Easy to bring up a dispute with Paypal if anything goes wrong.

Especially considering the promotion was with Paypal.

The last bundle shipped out so we should be good, but I will definitely dispute and curse trying to find a PS4 as I already have games for my kids for the thing for xmas.

I ordered NHL14 for 2 days ago with a ton of rebates (came to $18 and I will get $10 back form Ebates) and it is in the UPS truck to be delivered today, so not like this place is a scam or anything

I'm still at Supplier Processing also

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I called about it on Monday, apparently their warehouse was out of stock, so those orders get passed back to the manufacturer. Thats the line I got from the CS rep, anyways. Its coming via Canada Post so I'm hoping it'll make it to me before the weekend, but the current EDA is December 9th.

Mine is at my house as we speak

Apparently the Uplay thing is going to update today. They announced it on twitter, but none of the buttons are working, so who knows.
Here's the URL again: http://uplay.ubi.com/en-US/events/next-gen/gifts

Note, apparently the PS4 version that you get is the gold version, so you don't need the season pass if you manage to get it!

I still haven't gotten my Just Dance 2014 key despite sending a support request and pinging their Twitter :(

Also, dear UPlay: requiring me to verify my age practically EVERY TIME I visit your site for anything at all really makes me want to set your site ON FIRE.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I still haven't gotten my Just Dance 2014 key despite sending a support request and pinging their Twitter :(

Also, dear UPlay: requiring me to verify my age practically EVERY TIME I visit your site for anything at all really makes me want to set your site ON FIRE.
Yeah, I asked on the forum and the person there said it would be a few more days.

Roto13

It's silly that SD cards from Future Shop get shipped in big enough cardboard sleeves that they don't fit in my mailbox, so I have to go to the post office to pick them up.

Apparently the Uplay thing is going to update today. They announced it on twitter, but none of the buttons are working, so who knows.

Note, apparently the PS4 version that you get is the gold version, so you don't need the season pass if you manage to get it!

Apparently they went out of codes today as well :(
I bet RFD got a notice about that offer though cause RFDers are able to clean any shelves in a few minutes wherever those shelves are!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Apparently they went out of codes today as well :(
I bet RFD got a notice about that offer though cause RFDers are able to clean any shelves in a few minutes wherever those shelves are!
They haven't updated the contest rules legalese (notice that it says contest ends on December 3), so they might not have updated the site yet... their twitter account is weirdly quiet today. lol

They haven't updated the contest rules legalese (notice that it says contest ends on December 3), so they might not have updated the site yet... their twitter account is weirdly quiet today. lol

I hope so… they said that they are announcing when it happens on their Twitter and Facebook. I have been reloading their Facebook page all day and nothing… but it was announced on Twitter… I am confused.

Shop.ca is really annoying me. I emailed them about a refund that's overdue and still no response. The canada post tracking number says they received my return almost two weeks ago, and I'm getting pretty fed up.

i-Jest

JUst got this message in my email regarding my Shop.ca PS4 order:

Let me just say, that I am a bit jealous. You ordered a PS4 from SHOP.CA and I just wanted to let you know, as promised, it will be Shipping to you on December 9th, 2013!

The PS4 is a high-demand product and we are super-excited that you are getting one; that's why we wanted you to know in advance that everything is tracking appropriately with your order.

Please let us know if you have any questions, or if there is anything else that we can help you with.

Enjoy your PS4 and have a great day!

Mark Daprato
partner | cmo

Darko

Shop.ca is really annoying me. I emailed them about a refund that's overdue and still no response. The canada post tracking number says they received my return almost two weeks ago, and I'm getting pretty fed up.

dont even bother emailing them, they never reply..

Did anyone order a PS4 from bestbuy a few days ago? If so, did your order ship? My card was charged the same day but its still in "In Progress" status now, I figured it shipped the same night as when the card was charged.

I did, and I'm in the same boat. I don't appreciate having my credit card charged right away and then still having no sign of it shipping two days later. I might give them a call.

Update: I spoke with Best Buy; they said it's still being prepped for shipment, and that I'll receive a shipping notice in 24-48 hours.

Looks like they're only doing season passes this week? But looks like 8pm EST if you're looking to snag a code on Uplay. lol

Got it I think! My points got deducted so I guess it's a go! A message popped to say I got it but it disappeared right away. How did it work last time? You got a confirmation mail?

Edit: still xbox one codes available!

kurahadol

I did, and I'm in the same boat. I don't appreciate having my credit card charged right away and then still having no sign of it shipping two days later. I might give them a call.

Update: I spoke with Best Buy; they said it's still being prepped for shipment, and that I'll receive a shipping notice in 24-48 hours.
I called and was told if it doesn't ship by tomorrow I should call back. Hopefully it says shipped by the time I wake up tomorrow.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Got it I think! My points got deducted so I guess it's a go! A message popped to say I got it but it disappeared right away. How did it work last time? You got a confirmation mail?

Edit: still xbox one codes available!
Nope, I just redeemed and that was that. I guess if it went through, that means you were able to get it.

-Deimos

How do I get that 35% off code?

Edit: Seems they will be emailed to us within 7 days. Never got the message. Typical UPlay,

jred2k

When did shipping on monoprice.com become so expensive to Canada? They've started using DHL for Canadian shipments. It would have cost me $35 for 3 cat6 cables.

Is there any site in Canada that sells bulk cable at monoprice prices?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
When did shipping on monoprice.com become so expensive to Canada? They've started using DHL for Canadian shipments. It would have cost me $35 for 3 cat6 cables.

dx.com or ebay. Although I'm surprised they got rid of the USPS option.

RS4-

DHL is the fucking worst.

Yeah I was checking it on and off after their twitter update and nada till just a little while ago. Scored the season pass for AC4 so I am happy.

Dunlop

I ordered NHL14 for 2 days ago with a ton of rebates (came to $18 and I will get $10 back form Ebates) and it is in the UPS truck to be delivered today, so not like this place is a scam or anything

UPS delivered tonight

Although shop.ca is getting hammered with the -15$ rewards credit fiasco on Facebook and they do not seem to be making any responses as well as having some shipments sent back (I am assuming for people who stacked rebates to get free items?)

Got the PS4 e-mail as well, but I will feel better when it is actually in my possession

Canon

Banned
I just hope shop.ca doesn't close before they ship my PS4. After that, whatever. Sorry but you gotta be a better site to survive.

iphys

Go on....

Edit: WTF SHOP.CA!!! ARGH
I should have used that credit when I had the chance.

Yeah, but no guarantee they'll actually ship our orders for those of us that did and have negative rewards credit now. If they do actually ship, I guess I'll happily be left with a negative balance and just never buy from them again.

-Deimos

Yeah, but no guarantee they'll actually ship our orders for those of us that did and have negative rewards credit now. If they do actually ship, I guess I'll happily be left with a negative balance and just never buy from them again.

I actually still have like $12 on my account so I guess it's fair, but still...

Yeah I was checking it on and off after their twitter update and nada till just a little while ago. Scored the season pass for AC4 so I am happy.

Oh man, I didn't come back to the thread until just now. Saw the 8pm start time and thought "crap, I missed it." NOPE. Scored a season pass. Thanks guys!

DJ_Lae

How long cables are we talking? I placed an order with them the other week and paid about $9 shipping for some assorted HDMI cables, a camera remote, batteries, and some short (10ft) Ethernet cabling.

I know their small package USPS/Canada Post option disappears for orders over 4 pounds, though.

Cactus

Banned
If anybody in downtown Toronto is looking to sell their NSMBU+SLU game (the one that was a pack-in with the console, with both games on one disc) for a fair price, shoot me a PM.

I'd also trade my standalone copies of both games.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was able to redeem a Season Pass on PS4.

Question though, I did this for the digital game a few days ago. Did anyone in the same boat get the code?
The code is coming according to the forums. But, it looks like the PS4 version is the Gold edition, so you might not need the season pass code.

Top Bottom