• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

jet1911

krae_man

Okay so I bought a couple of vita games online on boxing day with a gift card. Now today I went into best buy and thought I would only be using up the remaining $2 on it, but instead the full amount was still on it.

Now I have to call to clear this up. Fun.

Sapiens

Target was out of Mario Kart 7 and Mario Dream Team, so I was able to go to Best Buy next door and they price matched, plus some.

Each game was 12.49 each. Just showed them the coupon on my phone - no questions asked.

No. That's amazon US. It needs to be a Canadian store for them to price match. Here's the list of store that do price match on Boxing week: Toy R Us, Future Shop(YMMV? I'm not sure), Superstore, Walmart, BestBuy?(probably).

so will any of them price match? if not ill just wait for a price drop

DiamondDogs

Neo Member
Woooooooooooooooooooot just price matched $15 Mario Kart 7 at Toys R Us!

I showed them the target boxing day ad on my phone, she called them up to confirm, and I was golden. Plus they beat the price by 10%. I'm in Vaughan (north of Toronto).

Which Target did she call and which Toys R Us? Was it the one by Vaughan Mills?

DiamondDogs

Neo Member
Yeah. I and some here were able to price match at those stores. Just bring a flyer and show the item that you want to PM or you can show the website but make sure it's still in stock or they wouldn't honour it.

I struck out. I called the Target in Richmond Hill and they didn't have Mario Kart in stock. Maybe some others will get lucky.

FrsDvl

Has anyone here have to send in their PS4 for repairs? Wondering where they get shipped to, since mine got messed up. Just waiting on the box to arrive to ship it out.

Am I too frugal to STILL hold off on buying one of my favorite games for $10.

EB Games has the Ico/ Shadow of the Colossus for $10 hard copy (New)
I am still waiting for it to be cheaper (or fins a used one cheaper than ten bucks somewhere)

Should I just buy it for ten bucks, or wait or what have you? I still haven't finished SotC on PS2.... love to replay it on the PS3 in HD(ier) graphics.

I am a cheap ass gamer, I finally bought a used copy of Red Dead Redemption the other day for $8 (Standard Edition not the Greatest Hits (red box))

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I am still waiting for it to be cheaper (or fins a used one cheaper than ten bucks somewhere)

Should I just buy it for ten bucks, or wait or what have you? I still haven't finished SotC on PS2.... love to replay it on the PS3 in HD(ier) graphics.

I am a cheap ass gamer, I finally bought a used copy of Red Dead Redemption the other day for $8 (Standard Edition not the Greatest Hits (red box))
I think they've both been on PS+ already so... I would assume your only other option is to wait for a random PSN sale or to wait several years when EB starts clearing out PS3 games because they're too old.

Otherwise, I don't know where else you'd get it for less than 10 bucks...

isny

napkin dispenser
Thought you guys would get a kick out of this. Also, everyone should play Gone Home. It's amazing.

What the heck did I just read?

Did you mean to link this?

538129_10151025803394066_1869128711_n_zps00ca1057.jpg

Magnus

Whoa. You're like one of those people who watched Star Wars 1-3 before the good movies!

Haha, I did only see the OT for the first time when the first special editions were released into theatres in 1997. It was amazing to see them in Jan, Feb and March of that year back to back. I was in love.

I was 12.

:p

edit - whoops DP, sorry

Magnus

Amazon has had the Blu Ray set for $25 for a while now, but that's still a great deal.

Noted. I think, as a scifi fan, I'm obligated to jump in at this point.

You can never really feel burned on a deal for blurays once the price sinks below $5 a film, imo. So I think I'll keep it.

The other awesome deal was the Firefly Bluray set for $10. I feel like a winner for having bought it two years ago for $30.

Was so sad to see stacks of it at Futureshop/BB not moving at $10. God damn.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Haha, I did only see the OT for the first time when the first special editions were released into theatres in 1997. It was amazing to see them in Jan, Feb and March of that year back to back. I was in love.

I was 12.

:p

edit - whoops DP, sorry
That was my last year of high school, although of course I had lived off of a VHS box set at that point. lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't there a labour shortage and jobs there in Manitoba?

Ontario is still terrible for jobs at the moment.

Ummm...yeah still waiting in my 5 ps+cards from the source.

just buy it

i rarely buy games at full price anymore either. but realistically youre not going to find it much cheaper then 10 bucks. what will it drop to, 8? after a few years?

having it available to play at any time is worth the $2 premium - IMO of course

i-Jest

Jinto

All 3 of the PS Plus cards I picked up from Future Shop on Boxing Day don't work. Just got off the phone with Sony. I had to email them pics of my receipt and the front and back of the cards. They'll either send me new codes, or manually input the value of the cards into my account. I hope it's the former, since I bought one of the cards for someone else. I'll find out what happens in a few days. Weird.

kasane

Dark Souls II and other games are available for pre-order on bestbuy.

Edit: Also does future shop give tracking numbers? First time ordering from them and i have not received any tracking although they already charged my card,

Cynar

All 3 of the PS Plus cards I picked up from Future Shop on Boxing Day don't work. Just got off the phone with Sony. I had to email them pics of my receipt and the front and back of the cards. They'll either send me new codes, or manually input the value of the cards into my account. I hope it's the former, since I bought one of the cards for someone else. I'll find out what happens in a few days. Weird.
Mine from amazon doesn't work either. Quick googling says it's an issue with psn.

Top Bottom