• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

stix zadinia

Neo Member
Isn't there a labour shortage and jobs there in Manitoba?

Ontario is still terrible for jobs at the moment.

Ummm...yeah still waiting in my 5 ps+cards from the source.
Yeah i bought one from the source. Waiting for it still. Tracking it, its just sitting in Barrie. Was hoping it would be here before new year so i could capitalize on the free psn games, but oh well..

Jinto

Mine from amazon doesn't work either. Quick googling says it's an issue with psn.

That's what I thought at first too. Then I read online that other people were having problems with cards they bought in-store on boxing day. Ones ordered online didn't seem to be affected. I tried redeeming them at different hours when PSN wasn't as busy. Even the guy I talked to at Sony said it was odd. The code wasn't redeemable on their website either. Anyways, just a heads up for people who bought their cards from Future Shop, in store, they might not work.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Dark Souls II and other games are available for pre-order on bestbuy.

Edit: Also does future shop give tracking numbers? First time ordering from them and i have not received any tracking although they already charged my card,

I don't think they email the tracking number, but there should be a "Track This Shipment" button on your order page.

MarkusRJR

Not really looking for a gaming deal but are there any decent deals on a good sub $100 electric toothbrush? My old one finally stopped working after 2 years.

isny

napkin dispenser
Not really looking for a gaming deal but are there any decent deals on a good sub $100 electric toothbrush? My old one finally stopped working after 2 years.

Do you want a water pik type that will remove any and all plaque? Or just an electric toothbrush? If the latter, you can buy spinbrushes for around $10 and they're amazing if you change the battery often enough!

Cynar

That's what I thought at first too. Then I read online that other people were having problems with cards they bought in-store on boxing day. Ones ordered online didn't seem to be affected. I tried redeeming them at different hours when PSN wasn't as busy. Even the guy I talked to at Sony said it was odd. The code wasn't redeemable on their website either. Anyways, just a heads up for people who bought their cards from Future Shop, in store, they might not work.

Were you getting a message saying that you could not redeem it on pc or was it saying something different?

All this uncertainty around the PS+ cards from Boxing Day has me worried about the codes I bought from Amazon.com on Black Friday. I was going to wait until a 12+3 promotion, but now I'm wondering if I should at least check one to make sure they're okay...

kG9k1P0.png

Hm.

Roto13

Apparently stuff from Amazon takes like one business day to get to my apartment.

This charging cradle for Vita is my new favourite possession and I kind of wish I had ordered two of these 3DS game cases.

I was able to pick up New super mario brothers 2 and Luigis dream world today for 28 bucks after pricematching targets flyer at Best buy. I am so glad Target expanded into Canada.

Platy

After boxing day what is the next "expect some console promotion" day on canada ?

Or

I missed the WiiU Mario by 250 ... when I might get another deal like that ?

Jinto

That's because Plus cards have to be redeemed on a system. They cannot be redeemed on PC.

Ah, good to know. Oh well, I'm pretty sure my codes weren't working though, since I tried for like 5 days straight at all hours. I was able to redeem other stuff on PSN during that time.

All this uncertainty around the PS+ cards from Boxing Day has me worried about the codes I bought from Amazon.com on Black Friday. I was going to wait until a 12+3 promotion, but now I'm wondering if I should at least check one to make sure they're okay...

I remember people having problems with those, but that's because it was during the same time as the PS4 launch in Europe. I think those are fine now. I think the problem with mine was because they had to price adjust in store. The ones purchased online should be ok. At least that's what I got from searching around the internet.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Received my The Source PS+ card, woohoo! They sent the confirmation e-mail last night, and in the morning it was already in my mailbox. They were just really slow to send shipping confirmations, I think.

IllumiNate

This is what I just ordered and price matched at NCIX. Can't wait for it to arrive!!
I splurged a bit. But this is these are the PC parts I ordered.

-Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti 928MHZ 3GB 7.0GHZ GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Video Card (ACIV,Batman Origins) -$680

-ASUS Maximus VI Formula ATX LGA1150 Z87 DDR3 CrossFireX SLI 3PCI-E16 SATA3 DP USB3.0 Motherboard -$280

-Intel Core i7 4770K Unlocked Quad Core 3.5GHZ Processor LGA1150 Haswell 8MB Cache Retail -$308

-G.SKILL TridentX F3-2400C10D-16GTX 16GB 2X8GB DDR3-2400 CL10 240PIN 1.65V Dual Channel Memory Kit

-XFX 1250W PRO1250W Black Edition Single Rail ATX 12V 104A 24PIN ATX Full Modular 80PLUS Gold PSU -$229 will add another 780 Ti within 2 years for 4K gameage so I opted for the big PSU

-Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 ATX Full Tower Computer Case 4X5.25 6X3.5 INT USB 3.0 Black -$144

-Samsung 840 Evo Series MZ-7TE1T0BW 1TB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD -$560

-Noctua NH-D14 LGA1150/1155/1156/1366 AM3 FM1 FM2 Heatpipe Cooler w/ NF-P14 140mm & NF-P12 120mm Fan -$69

-Windows 8.1 64-Bit -$97 includes $20 NCIX gift card

-Razer Naga 2014 Expert MMO Laser Gaming Mouse Green 19 Button 8200DPI USB Green LED -$79

-PC Assembly And Testing with 1 Year Limited NCIX System Warranty PRE-CONFIG WIN. OS If Purchased -$50

I already have a monitor plus sound card, keyboard, disk drive ect..
It'll be atleast two weeks before it arrives, but I'll be patient.
Isn't there a labour shortage and jobs there in Manitoba?

Ontario is still terrible for jobs at the moment

Move to Fort McMurray Alberta. Where the streets are paved with Gold! It's the land of Milk & Honey. haha jk but yeah nice wages and plenty of jobs. Any single Canadian should really be out here.

ohlawd

I bought two from Amazon.com. I used one a month ago and it worked.

Ms. Tea

Are there still Microsoft points cards? I haven't seen any boxing week deals on them, and noticed when searching stores like Amazon that I couldn't actually find them easily. I was given a 360 for Christmas and was looking for a way to pick up XBLA games cheaper (given that I'm not buying anything in the promo they're running right now).

Yasumi

Banned
PS+ and Sennheiser earbuds from Bestbuy came in the mail today, PS+ registered fine. And oh my god these Sennheisers. My inner ear has liquefied from the richness of the sound. They're so good.

Big Chungus

my cineplex blu rays stil haven't shipped..guess the two i ordered are backordered or something. was really hoping to watch nausicaa and castle in the sky with my brother and sister before i return to school.

Thinking of ordering a Vita memory card and other stuff from Amazon.ca that would total a little over $100 (but would be a small package). Is there any risk of having to pay extra at the door?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Got all my cards today from thesource

Fucking asshole cashier made a big fuss about not selling me more than two during the day of the sale, so I waltzed in today for him to open up an envelope with five in his face. He wasn't happy about it, but jesus, if you got a fucking problem then don't have the sale.

All my cards worked, and I'm likely good til next gen.

Fort McMurray...but then I'd have to go back to Alberta...we'll see how desperate I am for a job if my current one doesn't pan out.

PS+ and Sennheiser earbuds from Bestbuy came in the mail today, PS+ registered fine. And oh my god these Sennheisers. My inner ear has liquefied from the richness of the sound. They're so good.

Are these the ones you're referring to?
I checked them on Amazon.com and I saw so many bad reviews! I was thinking about getting them then I got worried but now you're kinda making me rethink!

From what I hear, if you can tolerate the weather and the culture, work in Alberta. The money is great.

What's with Alberta culture? lol
I moved here two years ago and i find the people very nice and tolerant!

Returners

Got all my cards today from thesource

Fucking asshole cashier made a big fuss about not selling me more than two during the day of the sale, so I waltzed in today for him to open up an envelope with five in his face. He wasn't happy about it, but jesus, if you got a fucking problem then don't have the sale.

All my cards worked, and I'm likely good til next gen.

Fort McMurray...but then I'd have to go back to Alberta...we'll see how desperate I am for a job if my current one doesn't pan out.

Are you going back to that source ever then?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Are you going back to that source ever then?

I rarely go there to begin with; I'll likely order online and have it delivered in the future or go somewhere else. There's a Walmart there, I could've gotten a ton off of Amazon, and I could've been a dick and gotten 2 and then gotten my wife to get 2 and come back later and do the same.

Not like I was hoarding these to resell, I actually used them all and I'm not sure what crawled up his ass and died.

Both of my orders have shipped (BB and FS boxing day sales) and they haven't arrived yet. I'm hoping that they come tomorrow so that I can return a few things from the BB order that shouldn't have been processed.

kasane

First time ordering from FS and i don't think they have shipped my orders. Disappointed since BB immediately shipped the instrument i ordered

Conceptor

Wow the line at Burnaby Best Buy is crazy for both purchase and refund. Glad I wasn't buying stuff.
Went to the BB in Mississauga Heartland to look for MK7 etc and the returns line was wrapped all the way to the end of the store lol.

The Sertapedic pillows came in! so softtttttt

mf.luder

I cashed in 2 of my 4 from amazon with no problems. I also have some from Boxing Day on the way.

kollapse

Neo Member
Sorry if I missed this earlier (I don't follow this thread as religiously as I should) but just got the Sony Pulse Elite headset for $49.95 at Costco here in Winnipeg, bundled with the AC adaptor. The sticker indicated $88.00 (which I thought was a great deal as it was), but this is phenomenal.

kasane

Sorry if I missed this earlier (I don't follow this thread as religiously as I should) but just got the Sony Pulse Elite headset for $49.95 at Costco here in Winnipeg, bundled with the AC adaptor. The sticker indicated $88.00 (which I thought was a great deal as it was), but this is phenomenal.

which costco?

kollapse

Neo Member
which costco?

Kenaston. About 4 left now, sitting behind a stack of Dual Shock 4s. YMMV, though - it didn't scan at the checkout, but the cashier keyed it in and came up at $49, but the receipt does indicate it's the correct product. Best of luck!

kasane

Kenaston. About 4 left now, sitting behind a stack of Dual Shock 4s. YMMV, though - it didn't scan at the checkout, but the cashier keyed it in and came up at $49, but the receipt does indicate it's the correct product. Best of luck!

Too far dont wanna drive :((

Which AC adapter is that?
And for $49 that's an amazing deal! But you paid $38 for the AC adapter?!!

Top Bottom