• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Gritesh

Is the ps pulse elite headset deal legit? Was thinking about trying to go and get one if so...

From Costco that is. Or did it end?

Maximus.

Still waiting on my Cineplex orders, but I am pretty sure the backordered movies have been shipped now because they did email me today. Everything else I have ordered over the holiday has arrived though!

Yes Asia is terrible. I ordered a 64 GB card from them with free shipping, and it never arrived. When I asked for a refund through a PayPal claim, they said they'd only do it if I closed the PayPal transaction. Super sketchy. Go with Nippon Yasan instead. It's a little more expensive to get it with tracking, but they're a lot more reliable.

i-Jest

Still waiting for my pillows.

Same! They were supposed to come today! What a new years disappointment!

Got mine a couple days ago.

Friend just bought one at Winnipeg Costco.. he said there are 5 left

Vita 64gb are about 120 bux on ebay

http://www.yesasia.com/us/playstati...b-japan-version/1034043241-0-0-0-en/info.html is cheapest I found, 95$ free shipping

Yes Asia is terrible. I ordered a 64 GB card from them with free shipping, and it never arrived. When I asked for a refund through a PayPal claim, they said they'd only do it if I closed the PayPal transaction. Super sketchy. Go with Nippon Yasan instead. It's a little more expensive to get it with tracking, but they're a lot more reliable.

Bought mine at Play-Asia. Never heard of Nippon Yasan. I'll have to check them out.

lupinko

I've never had any problems with Yes-asia but I've only purchased Chinese or Korean movies/music from them.

Futureshop: January 1st and 2nd, apparently in-store only!

TsWdL6p.jpg

Jagxyz

Dumb question but if a sale says "ends Jan 2nd", does that mean the last day of the sale is Jan 2nd, or that it ends Jan 1st 11:59pm?

Specifically for FS, example

Griss

Futureshop: January 1st and 2nd, apparently in-store only!

TsWdL6p.jpg

God damn it, that's the one I bought two days ago at $220 in Best Buy! Oh well, it's only 20 bucks.

I was at a FutureShop in Victoria today though, and they had stacks of these things. So I'm not surprised at all. Many other stores I went to were sold out of Wii U stuff though.

They're open on the 1st?

AB, BC and SK stores are open!

God damn it, that's the one I bought two days ago at $220 in Best Buy! Oh well, it's only 20 bucks.
I was at a FutureShop in Victoria today though, and they had stacks of these things. So I'm not surprised at all. Many other stores I went to were sold out of Wii U stuff though.

You can still price match your purchase, they will refund the difference!

Does anyone have any laptop recommendations in the 4-6 hundred dollar range? I've been to a bunch of different shops but i've been having trouble finding one that is a really significant upgrade from the one i currently have.

My computer is 5 years old with a 1.8ghz processor and 3gb of ram, but it opens web pages faster than the 5-6 dollar laptops that ive been checking out at future shop and best buy and wherever I end up. With Quadcores and such they can actually play games whereas my computer cannot, and i know that laptops are not for gaming in general, but seriously, why are they so slow at opening web pages? I dont get it.

xclaw

Does anyone have any laptop recommendations in the 4-6 hundred dollar range? I've been to a bunch of different shops but i've been having trouble finding one that is a really significant upgrade from the one i currently have.

My computer is 5 years old with a 1.8ghz processor and 3gb of ram, but it opens web pages faster than the 5-6 dollar laptops that ive been checking out at future shop and best buy and wherever I end up. With Quadcores and such they can actually play games whereas my computer cannot, and i know that laptops are not for gaming in general, but seriously, why are they so slow at opening web pages? I dont get it.

Almost always due to shitty slow harddrives.

I used to be a proponent for Dell but have switch to recommending Lenovo these days. Go for build quality and screen resolution if that's your price range.

Almost always due to shitty slow harddrives.

I used to be a proponent for Dell but have switch to recommending Lenovo these days. Go for build quality and screen resolution if that's your price range.

How does the hard drive affect how you cache and receive webpages? screen resolutions seem to be capped at around the same for every model so they are not the main concern.

J-Man

Happy New Year! Thanks to everyone who have saved me money!

I'm surprised to see XB1s in stock at Future Shop. I'm still not ready to buy one yet.

xclaw

How does the hard drive affect how you cache and receive webpages? screen resolutions seem to be capped at around the same for every model so they are not the main concern.

Slow speed with next to no cache so it's constantly spinning disk to load. Just open your current task manager, drop to the disk activity and sort by response time and then do some activities in your browser. When I swapped out to an SSD everything was blink of the eye fast give or take internet latency.

Nothing good gaming wise from Target but Pannys getting a reduction this Friday:

Panasonic 50" 1080p Plasma TV $649.99 (reg. $899.99)
Panasonic 39" 1080p LED $379.99 (reg. $499.99)

Top Bottom