• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

I've never had any problems with Yes-asia but I've only purchased Chinese or Korean movies/music from them.

I've never had any problems either but all I've ever bought is Japanese CDs and Valkyria Chronicles 3 (which, to be fair, hasn't arrived yet--and neither has the last CD I bought). I find that the delivery time tends to be around a month, so if you want something quick I'd pay extra for shipping or go with someone else, but so far everything I've ordered has arrived.

Tuck

Futureshop: January 1st and 2nd, apparently in-store only!

TsWdL6p.jpg

=(
200 for a Wii U is a great price. Especially cause I want a white one. But Im not sure how interested I am in Skylanders.

Sigh. Its so tempting.

Buy now and return later if you're not interested?

It comes with Skylanders Swap Force on disc with 3 figures, they can be traded at EB or pawned to put towards something else. It also comes with Nintendoland on disc, which you could also trade.

I know you can trade the games but I doubt you can with the figures.

So even if you got $20 for all that, it pays for the taxes, and if you get more then it just helps to drive the price even lower.

sikkinixx

Eleuin

Well 1 of my movies from one of my cineplex orders shipped.

There's 2 more movies in this order still back ordered though.

Can't believe FS STILL has Xbone's in stock online, and still ready for pick up at all the local stores. Either they got a ton of stock or that thing ain't selling.

I think it's not selling that well, otherwise resellers would have been all over it!

Is Lego marvel include PS4 & Xbox one?

Probably not, new gen games haven't gotten that cheap yet, the best you can wish for now is $40 I guess!

Does anyone know if Shoppers Drug Mart (in Vancouver) sells Vita memory cards? Just called the Robson store figuring they'd be my best bet and no luck.

Lexxism

Is Lego marvel include PS4 & Xbox one?

Probably not, new gen games haven't gotten that cheap yet, the best you can wish for now is $40 I guess!

Yeah, it's just the WiiU version.

Damn, did I totally miss the boat on the $30 PS Plus cards?

Does it go down to that price often?

I guess not? It only went down to that price this 2013 when it started at Black Friday and they do the same last Boxing day.

Griss

Help!

As I posted earlier, I bought a WiiU (Skylanders Bundle) a couple of days ago in Best Buy in Vancouver. I packed it in my suitcase and continued on my holiday.

I've just tried to use it for the first time half an hour ago... and it doesn't work. I leave for home in Europe on Friday morning, early. If I can't get this returned / replaced / refunded tomorrow then I just paid 220 dollars for a brick, plus 150 dollars for games for a brick.

My question: What are my return / refund rights in Canada? I still have the receipt, and I still have access to the store I bought it in. However, hotel staff threw away the outer box the bundle came in (it wouldn't fit in my bag). I have the WiiU basic in its box, and the skylanders toys and game hanging around loose.

Am I completely fucked here? Please tell me I'm not. Sending it to Nintendo Canada for repair is obviously not an option.

As for the issue - the WiiU doesn't output to the TV screen at all. I get a solid blue light on the console, and no picture. I used the WiiU's HDMI cable on my Macbook and it connected to the TV just fine, so it's not the cable or the TV. Freaking out here.

Going to watch the Canucks play tonight with friends, so I won't be heading to Best Buy until tomorrow morning. Any advice appreciated.

isny

napkin dispenser
Help!

As I posted earlier, I bought a WiiU (Skylanders Bundle) a couple of days ago in Best Buy in Vancouver. I packed it in my suitcase and continued on my holiday.

I've just tried to use it for the first time half an hour ago... and it doesn't work. I leave for home in Europe on Friday morning, early. If I can't get this returned / replaced / refunded tomorrow then I just paid 220 dollars for a brick, plus 150 dollars for games for a brick.

My question: What are my return / refund rights in Canada? I still have the receipt, and I still have access to the store I bought it in. However, hotel staff threw away the outer box the bundle came in (it wouldn't fit in my bag). I have the WiiU basic in its box, and the skylanders toys and game hanging around loose.

Am I completely fucked here? Please tell me I'm not. Sending it to Nintendo Canada for repair is obviously not an option.

As for the issue - the WiiU doesn't output to the TV screen at all. I get a solid blue light on the console, and no picture. I used the WiiU's HDMI cable on my Macbook and it connected to the TV just fine, so it's not the cable or the TV. Freaking out here.

Going to watch the Canucks play tonight with friends, so I won't be heading to Best Buy until tomorrow morning. Any advice appreciated.

When you return it explain the situation to them. Offer to let them take the box and everything and just switch the console. If the box has the serial number on it you may be boned. I don't remember if those boxes have a hole showing the serial number or if the box actually has a stick with it on it. If it's the latter you may be boned (because they probably won't give you a replacement console out of a box with a dif seial num.) You may have to file a claim with your credit card company.

Griss

When you return it explain the situation to them. Offer to let them take the box and everything and just switch the console. If the box has the serial number on it you may be boned. I don't remember if those boxes have a hole showing the serial number or if the box actually has a stick with it on it. If it's the latter you may be boned (because they probably won't give you a replacement console out of a box with a dif seial num.) You may have to file a claim with your credit card company.

Thanks for the reply. It's the serial that I'm worried about. I'm going to do what you said though, that was my common sense response.

So sorry man, such a fucked up situation :(
If they refused to help you may try buying a new one, exchanging the console itself then returning it to them! Oh and don't forget to price match and get the extra $20 you paid!

Yeah, if returning doesn't work what I think I'll do is buy another one in FutureShop for 200, switch the WiiU consoles themselves and then return immediately for a refund.

Thanks to both of you for replying. Helps to bounce ideas off someone else.

Firestorm

Just tell them it doesn't work and why it doesn't work. Best Buy has a 30 day return policy. You're fine. When you're getting the replacement, show them the Future Shop ad and get the extra $20 back.

isny

napkin dispenser
Yeah, if returning doesn't work what I think I'll do is buy another one in FutureShop for 200, switch the WiiU consoles themselves and then return immediately for a refund.

This will not work if the serials don't match up (if the box has a serial on the outside.)

Try and see what happens, and if worst comes to worst you can have someone in Canada get it repaired and then ship it back to you. Still cheaper than buying a new one.

He will return the new box with matching S/N to the receipt, they probably won't check the S/N on the console itself!
And honestly don't go to FS, if BB won't return it then they earned a broken down console!

Socreges

Banned
Fuck yeah Futureshop. Just price matched MK7, got it for $13! Still eligible until Jan 3rd, just make sure you've got the Target flyer on your phone or something.

Any way to get the PS+ card for $29.99 still?

Magnus

I'm hearing nightmare stories of people and their Cineplex orders. Delays, cancellations, being charged despite cancellations, etc.

So far, I've just experienced delays. Only one thing has shipped so far. Got the notice today.

I'm hearing nightmare stories of people and their Cineplex orders. Delays, cancellations, being charged despite cancellations, etc.

So far, I've just experienced delays. Only one thing has shipped so far. Got the notice today.

Oh?

Star Wars still says backordered

Maximus.

I essentially have 1 movie per order that is backordered. Everything else has apparently shipped, but obviously wont feel good until I receive it all. It kind of sucks because I dont want to receive a ton of orders through the mail, wanted to just receive what I ordered all together.

Anth0ny

2 of my orders have shipped. Out of... 13. Lots of stuff backordered lol.

zroid

Banned
Haven't had any reason to be concerned about my cineplex orders yet. Of the two I placed originally, one has been delivered, and the other is backordered. The third order I placed over this past weekend, so it's understandable it hasn't been sent out as yet.

Top Bottom