• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

baconcow

if you mean the $15 off it's ymmv. Some will do it but then some will say since the ad doesn't show the picture of the game or the price they won't. I was able 2 use it for knack and killzone, my friend on the other hand with a different person was not.

Game price is in my local ad.

If my shipping notice says that my copy of The Last of Us was received in Mississauga at 3 am, does that mean there's a chance I might get it today? (As a resident in the GTA)

if you mean the $15 off it's ymmv. Some will do it but then some will say since the ad doesn't show the picture of the game or the price they won't. I was able 2 use it for knack and killzone, my friend on the other hand with a different person was not.
Ugh this one just said no. Going to hit up Target and if they're not honouring their own deal, I'm going to hit up other Walmarts and BestBuy.

Does BestBuy price match this kind of stuff?

Ugh this one just said no. Going to hit up Target and if they're not honouring their own deal, I'm going to hit up other Walmarts and BestBuy.

Does BestBuy price match this kind of stuff?

Target better honor the deal, it's all in the flyers! A manager should be easy to convince.

Still waiting for Bestbuy answer on my price match.

terrible

Banned
If my shipping notice says that my copy of The Last of Us was received in Mississauga at 3 am, does that mean there's a chance I might get it today? (As a resident in the GTA)

Canada Post? Yeah, there's a chance. "Item processed at local delivery facility" will usually show up before it says it's shipping too so keep your eye on it.

Holy shit. My store only had 4 copies in, so you better run!!!

fCnQVy3.jpg

Lol, no way there will be any available after work. Not even going to bother trying.
Do you work near a BestBuy or FutureShop? They will price match as long as the closest Target has stock. So you could match at lunch or something.

Walmart is YMMV, since it's not official policy to match % off. But most times, they don't care so you could keep trying Walmarts (since there's so many) after work.

Do you work near a BestBuy or FutureShop? They will price match as long as the closest Target has stock. So you could match at lunch or something.

Walmart is YMMV, since it's not official policy to match % off. But most times, they don't care so you could keep trying Walmarts (since there's so many) after work.

I may give FS a go at lunch. I'm wondering if Target's stock will last that long though. Worth a shot.

Update on my Best Buy order, the item is out for delivery and set to be delivered for today. We'll see how it goes. Not bad for not having a shipping notice until this morning.

@Wreck

I think i'll take my ps3 last of us to ebgames and return my FS version MUAHAHA

i can wait

i got a PSvita rogue legacy/hohokum? and Ratchet and Clank collection

also have not finished

Darksouls DLC
Black Flag
Infamous SS

lol i finshed watch_dogs though hahaha (really liked it)

@Wreck

Me too but I went in store with my receipt and they lowered the price even if the game is still in the mail!

i'd do that if i did not own the ps3 version

i'll go the ebgames route infact i might just do it anyways this time i'm not going to play ps3 version again i finished it twice.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
wow so people got TLOU for $40. That's really good. I was actually waiting for 30$, but I might just screw it and buy it for $40. Will it still be available tomorrow at Target?

wow so people got TLOU for $40. That's really good. I was actually waiting for 30$, but I might just screw it and buy it for $40. Will it still be available tomorrow at Tiger?

Target?

Unless they restock, probably not.

Deal is good until Friday though.

Returners

lol yeah Target, my bad. Thanks, I will check it out early morning tomorrow.

It doesn't look good tomorrow morning.

I wandered into RFD territory. People are getting TLOU Remastered from Walmart for 34.99. Wamart sells it for 49.99 and people are applying the $15 off deal from Target.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
It doesn't look good tomorrow morning.

I wandered into RFD territory. People are getting TLOU Remastered from Walmart for 34.99. Wamart sells it for 49.99 and people are applying the $15 off deal from Target.

But they check the stock availability on the competitors store before applying the discount. Right? if not, there is a Walmart near my work, I will just swing by today itself.

But they check the stock availability on the competitors store before applying the discount. Right? if not, there is a Walmart near my work, I will just swing by today itself.
Walmart does not call to verify. It's against store policy or something.

However, it's YMMV since official policy is to PM a specific price. But eventually you will find a Walmart that will match the deal.

Can someone link me to the target flyer
Just go to Target.ca...

Quadratic

People from RFD are going to flip these Last of Us copies? I sometimes wonder if it's even worth it for all this trouble if they even have stock to price match to make $10-15 and having to deal with kijiji or craigslist.

Went to Wal-Mart when they opened at 7am, PM TLOU Remastered for the $35 price point, woohoo!

The trick is to use your phone so they can't see the $54.99 price for TLOUR under the picture of it in the Target flyer.

Thanks for not hiking up the price $5 Wal Mart!

Top Bottom