• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Grimsen

Futureshop denied my price adjustment request by email. So I asked my mother to go shopping. She's retired and lives next to a Target. She got me a copy.

Gonna return my FS copy when I get it.

Thanks mom! :D

kaiyo

I just call BB to try and price match Target, the CSR said she cant price match games at least for this particular game. lol But she said people have been calling about the game price being decreased and said she will give me $10 off, which makes it 38.99 for me (from 48.99 E3 deal) anyways?.

How do I check if I got this credited?

snack

I just call BB to try and price match Target, the CSR said she cant price match games at least for this particular game. lol But she said people have been calling about the game price being decreased and said she will give me $10 off, which makes it 38.99 for me (from 48.99 E3 deal) anyways?.

How do I check if I got this credited?
Your credit card?

ovii

Anyone know if it's worth picking up Amazon Prime? I was one of the few lucky ones that got the double discount, however, they never ship the games out on time. It's usually shipped at the end of the week, and I end up getting the games the week after around Thursday/Friday.

Anyone know if it's worth picking up Amazon Prime? I was one of the few lucky ones that got the double discount, however, they never ship the games out on time. It's usually shipped at the end of the week, and I end up getting the games the week after around Thursday/Friday.

Where do you live? That's awful!

btkadams

For TLOU PS3->PS4 trade-in deal at EBGames, do they need the Naughty Dog stickers that came inserted with the disc? All I have in mine where a manual would historically be, are the ND stickers and the Online Pass sheet. I ask because I'd like to keep the stickers.

As you can tell, I haven't traded in a game for maybe 10 years.

For TLOU PS3->PS4 trade-in deal at EBGames, do they need the Naughty Dog stickers that came inserted with the disc? All I have in mine where a manual would historically be, are the ND stickers and the Online Pass sheet. I ask because I'd like to keep the stickers.

As you can tell, I haven't traded in a game for maybe 10 years.

Haha no, they absolutely don't need the stickers.

w00T!! Futureshop price matched at lunch. Paid $41 with tax.

Didn't think it was going to happen. The girl helping me was looking for a link on the online flyer to check store stock. I told her there wasn't one and that she would probably have to call the closest store. She didn't bother and just put through the transaction without checking any stock.

ovii

Where do you live? That's awful!

calgary.

It's a little frustrating, but I'm saving a ton of money. However, for games like TLOU, I wish that I could play it this week. I still haven't received the shipping notice, and I'm anticipating receiving the game sometime late next week.

calgary.

It's a little frustrating, but I'm saving a ton of money. However, for games like TLOU, I wish that I could play it this week. I still haven't received the shipping notice, and I'm anticipating receiving the game sometime late next week.

I know your pain man. Also from Calgary and Amazon shipping can range from week/week and a half late to next day arrival.

She did it on 49.99$ for some reason?

Yeah same here, at Wal-Mart TLOU Remastered is $49.99, and if you price match using the Target flyer on your phone they can't see the $54.99 list price for the game in the Target flyer (it is just below the game image in very small text), so they just take the $15 off the Wal Mart price.

She did it on 49.99$ for some reason?

Nope. She discounted it from the $54.99 - $15 (Target discount). Plus they add their extra discount for price matches to beat the original discounted price. The receipt says "REG 54.99 with 18.00 competitor price beat". Came out to about $41 with tax.

The reason I'm happy she didn't see the $54.99 original TLOU price in the Target flyer is that she would have probably called thinking the deal didn't apply to that specific game and discovered the local Target was Out of Stock.

ovii

I know your pain man. Also from Calgary and Amazon shipping can range from week/week and a half late to next day arrival.

I just signed up for the Amazon Student Prime account using my old uni address, and while they couldn't upgrade any of my orders to two-day shipping, they have made every order sent with priority shipping. So, I think even if I cancelled prime, priority shipping would still be there.

Also, TLOU is now being delivered by Tomorrow, after talking to the rep.

I'm pretty happy with amazon right now.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Called BB customer support, and I guess I got a bad rep. He looked for it online, but wasn't able to find it. He suggested I email the pictures (I got from this thread, thanks!) to customerservice(at)bestbuycanada.ca

Sigh...Not really much of a deal....if I gotta go through all this to get the right goddamn price for it.

Returners

Called BB customer support, and I guess I got a bad rep. He looked for it online, but wasn't able to find it. He suggested I email the pictures (I got from this thread, thanks!) to customerservice(at)bestbuycanada.ca

Sigh...Not really much of a deal....if I gotta go through all this to get the right goddamn price for it.

Drop by the Bestbuy retail store and fix it there.

I just signed up for the Amazon Student Prime account using my old uni address, and while they couldn't upgrade any of my orders to two-day shipping, they have made every order sent with priority shipping. So, I think even if I cancelled prime, priority shipping would still be there.

Also, TLOU is now being delivered by Tomorrow, after talking to the rep.

I'm pretty happy with amazon right now.

Lucky! I don't think I have my old uni address anymore, I should try and bum my brother's or something. The things we do to get our games on time lol...

@Wreck

F9J4Zug.png

its not cross buy

anybody else did this?

Grimsen

Going to trade in Beyond: Two Souls, GTA V and God of War Ascension since I believe HD remakes for all are on the way, but I'll be quite upset if they have similar $25 trade deals lol.

Futureshop was offering me 15$ for GTA V (360 ver) last weekend. I said no thanks.

I did trade Washdogs PS4 for 30$ and Injustice (the first release on 360) for 10$, I consider those decent. I think they made a mistake for injustice, they probably gave me the GOTY value.

no sale its just available (VITA version) for NA now so i just ordered it and got a nice surprise

it is AWESOME!!! tonight i shall play!!!

Weird, I checked it out on the PSN Web store, and it doesn't say anything about "playable on" both systems, just whichever one I chose it for. I ain't biting unless i know I'm getting both.

@Wreck

Weird, I checked it out on the PSN Web store, and it doesn't say anything about "playable on" both systems, just whichever one I chose it for. I ain't biting unless i know I'm getting both.

i'll start it downloading on the ps3

i'll let you know when i get home if it works! (unless somebody is home already)

F9J4Zug.png

looks like cross buy to me i bought the vita version and got both

anybody else did this?

Double check this. I'm not totally sure but I believe a game shows up as "playable" on PS3 sometimes even when all you can do is download it to your PS3 to transfer to Vita. If you had bought the PS3 version and it said playable on Vita, that's much more likely to indicate cross-buy.

I just price matched for Last of Us PS4 for at the Robson Futureshop in Downtown Vancouver.

They checked the flyer in depth, so I'm sure anyone else who shows up today will get it too.

@Wreck

Double check this. I'm not totally sure but I believe a game shows up as "playable" on PS3 sometimes even when all you can do is download it to your PS3 to transfer to Vita. If you had bought the PS3 version and it said playable on Vita, that's much more likely to indicate cross-buy.

will do!

@Wreck

your right!

its not crosss-buy

FypKHpG.png

bummer

Krammy

I just want to share my TLoU PM success story here. I went to a local Best Buy in London and when I said I was inquiring about a price match on the game, they said, "The $15 from Target, right?", and without hassle or even confirmation, they gave me the $15 + 10% of the difference off (saving $16.50). I was lucky enough to have two Reward Zone coupons too and got another $10 off, so I got a copy for $33.50 after tax. For anyone interested, I'm sure the other Best Buy's around here would be just as quick to give the discount, and they had plenty of copies left.
oRV7e9K.png

Haha, looking at all your receipts I realize that I paid more than some of you because I pre-ordered with E3 order.

Game from E3 was 48.99$ so their 10% difference was .90cents. Someone who never pre-ordered from E3 would buy the game at 54.99 so the 10% would be 1.50$... Could not understand why I paid more than other people here... Because I used a 30% off promotion 2 months ago, of course!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I just want to share my TLoU PM success story here. I went to a local Best Buy in London and when I said I was inquiring about a price match on the game, they said, "The $15 from Target, right?", and without hassle or even confirmation, they gave me the $15 + 10% of the difference off (saving $16.50). I was lucky enough to have two Reward Zone coupons too and got another $10 off, so I got a copy for $33.50 after tax. For anyone interested, I'm sure the other Best Buy's around here would be just as quick to give the discount, and they had plenty of copies left.
oRV7e9K.png

What the fuck!? Do I seriously have to fucking go down to a store to get this shit done?

Thank you for contacting Best Buy Canada regarding your order number XXX

We received your email requesting for a price match on your order for The Last of Us Remastered. Unfortunately we will not be able to process your request as we can only do a price match on competitor's websites. Please email us the link of the website so that we can verify if it is eligible for a price match.

For more details about our price beat policy, please refer to our website or you may click here.

Thank you for contacting Best Buy Canada. We value your business.

Wurdfurd

oRV7e9K.png

protip if youre going to block out the store number and locaton (for whatever reason) keep in mind its printed again just below the info as a 09XX XXX XXXX for till info. but dont worry your secrets safe with me (i know what store 936 is, worked at bby)

Top Bottom