• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Not a deal, just a concern:

I was at No Frills and went to grab a 750g Garlic Sausage that I love eating, and in the pile, there were sausages with these odd black spots. I spoke to an employee who speculates it's just charring, but it didn't look that way to me.

I grabbed one that was seemingly spot free, but is there a risk here?

God bless No Frills, it's a mainstay for me, but I would never touch their produce or deli stuff. It always looks sketchy as hell.

Yeah, there is a risk.
Spots under the casing or outside?
Either way, if that specific brand doesn't normally have dark spots in them (black pepper or herbs possibly) don't eat them!

Better safe than sorry.

Outside since they're wrapped, mine isn't open, and as I said mine has none so far.

Edit: Oh I see, it looked like under, but I can't recall.

Bloody amazon. Haven't even shipped tlou yet. Sometimes they're great, sometimes they're pure crap.

I was worried that it was just me that was experiencing this, but glad to know that I'm not the only one. Was hoping that they would have shipped it out yesterday but it is still in the "Preparing for Shipment" phase.

Oh, and an estimated delivery date of August 8, 2014 - August 14, 2014. Was hoping to play it over the upcoming long weekend. Lame.

Nibiru

Banned
God bless No Frills, it's a mainstay for me, but I would never touch their produce or deli stuff. It always looks sketchy as hell.

I don't touch that place. I shop at Longo's and Fortinos there is really not much ofa savings to be had unless you live off canned and frozen foods.

Edit:

Was this deal posted? It's the COD ps4 bundle but it comes with a dl code for last of us! $449

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/-/b0004074.aspx

UberTag

Sounds like all of the non-Prime customers got their copies of TLOU Remastered at the same time (whether they paid for priority shipping or not). No surprises there.

Dazzler

Sounds like all of the non-Prime customers got their copies of TLOU Remastered at the same time (whether they paid for priority shipping or not). No surprises there.

those jerks still haven't shipped my copy of Wolfenstein, which I ordered last Friday

RE_Player

Feeling extremely generous for reasons I will not go into. I'll buy a fellow Canadian PS4 owner Killzone Shadow Fall on Amazon if they don't own it. First one to reply gets it and you can PM me your address.

Lexxism

Sweet. Amazon just mailed me a $2.29 refund because TLOU is currently 49.99 now instead of 51.99 when they shipped it. I didn't expect they have that kind of policy

edit: Ah, pre-order price guarantee.

looks like Aug 8th -14th, all xbox/sony/nintendo prepaid gaming cards will be 10% off according to the flyer at work. nothing much else for gaming that week

oops, for forgot to mention at Target

jeffyjaixx

I don't touch that place. I shop at Longo's and Fortinos there is really not much ofa savings to be had unless you live off canned and frozen foods.

Edit:

Was this deal posted? It's the COD ps4 bundle but it comes with a dl code for last of us! $449

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/-/b0004074.aspx

Here's a better one.

Same thing except you get Infamous: SS instead of COD: G.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/-/b0003260.aspx?path=0f0e887ef1c01aaedfec2575bdc05d44en02

balohna

Sweet, I'm not gonna go too crazy but probably grab at least 1 eShop card from that Target deal. Most of my PSN digital stuff comes from PS+ and my 360 has no space (and not many digital exclusives to get me to use it over other platforms at this point). Maybe grab a PSN card just for the odd times I use it.

Thanks for the tip, hopefully they don't sell out too quick.

Sweet, I'm not gonna go too crazy but probably grab at least 1 eShop card from that Target deal. Most of my PSN digital stuff comes from PS+ and my 360 has no space (and not many digital exclusives to get me to use it over other platforms at this point). Maybe grab a PSN card just for the odd times I use it.

Thanks for the tip, hopefully they don't sell out too quick.

i remmber when he had the itunes card deal a few weeks back, some guy went around buying a crap load of them at various stores, it was weird but it bumped the hours alot for us at work,haha

balohna

i remmber when he had the itunes card deal a few weeks back, some guy went around buying a crap load of them at various stores, it was weird but it bumped the hours alot for us at work,haha

Ha, weird. I remember Superstore used to do XBL points deals a few years ago once in a while and they never seemed to run out too quick. Not sure if awareness/demand for this kind of thing has increased or not. This would have been when XBLA was first getting big and Rock Band/Guitar Hero were really popular so you'd think people would have cared then too.

Wow that's 2 weeks in advance. Just checked next week's flyer (Aug 1-7) and there are no deals to be had at Target. So much for those $5 receipt coupons.

negitoro7

Alright that Infamous SS bundle with free TLOU is gonna make me jump in. Was gonna wait for a white ps4 with destiny but this is too good

Rbk_3

Price matched my TLOU online order at FS in Waterloo. Painless, just showed them the picture of then tag someone posted in here. Surprised how easy it was.

Xbox One games 29.99 at Wal-Mart. Saw it when I was working with Ryse, Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3.

I don't know if they still are, but they were $20 at target for quite a while.

BestBuy said:
July 30, 2014

Hello XXXXXX XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your recent pre-order of The Last of Us Remastered on BestBuy.ca

We strive to delight you by ensuring that if you’ve pre-ordered a product with us, you will have that product in your hands by the release date. From time to time we are unable to meet our goal due to unforeseen challenges.

Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing such a challenge and you may experience a delay in receiving your copy of The Last of Us Remastered. We have shipped your product and it is on its way to you, however, as shipping times vary, you may receive it later than the expected date of July 29th.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

If you have any further questions, please contact us directly.

Sincerely,

The BestBuy.ca Team

Hmm... Thanks? I never got a game on release date I think... Maybe one out of many many orders.

NYR

Well, I bought an Xbox One.

I traded 3 games into EB games for $60 credit so I netted it for $339.99.

They had a promo going to trade a >$8 game and it got upped to $20 credit when buying a console. Traded in the following, trade in value followed by what I got:

TLOS - $13 --> $20 credit

GTA5 - $17 --> $20 credit

CoD: BOP 2 - $10 --> $20 credit

I have TLOS remastered, so I had no need for the PS3 version, and plan on double dipping on GTA once it gets on sale for around $30-40 for PS4, maybe on Boxing Day. CoD...well...is CoD. I threw it in as tiv.ca had it as an $8 game and I was never going to replay it, but it ended up being a $10 game. No regrets.

Socreges

Banned
Yep, got my $150 WiiU through rain check

plus if you have a red card its an extra 5% off! 15% total

or if you're an target employee you get 10% on top of that so

10% employee discount + 5% redcard + 10% prepaid game card = 25% off!
Red card? Is that a free Target membership card that discounts all items?

Tapejara

Got TLoU Remastered for $46 after the E3 discount and $2 refund. Not bad.

Hey, anyone have info on the EB Edge program? I've been a member for a while now but I have no clue what points are for. Are they just for upgrading your membership level? The Edge is site either isn't too informative or I have terrible reading comprehension.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Got TLoU Remastered for $46 after the E3 discount and $2 refund. Not bad.

Hey, anyone have info on the EB Edge program? I've been a member for a while now but I have no clue what points are for. Are they just for upgrading your membership level? The Edge is site either isn't too informative or I have terrible reading comprehension.
Yeah, it's just for level. If you are paying the 15 bucks, then it probably doesn't matter.

Tapejara

Yeah, it's just for level. If you are paying the 15 bucks, then it probably doesn't matter.

I got upgraded Platinum membership for free because I had one of the older Edge cards. Still pretty pointless for me when I can get most stuff cheaper from Amazon. Oh well, thanks for the info.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Well, I bought an Xbox One.

I traded 3 games into EB games for $60 credit so I netted it for $339.99.

They had a promo going to trade a >$8 game and it got upped to $20 credit when buying a console. Traded in the following, trade in value followed by what I got:

TLOS - $13 --> $20 credit

GTA5 - $17 --> $20 credit

CoD: BOP 2 - $10 --> $20 credit

I have TLOS remastered, so I had no need for the PS3 version, and plan on double dipping on GTA once it gets on sale for around $30-40 for PS4, maybe on Boxing Day. CoD...well...is CoD. I threw it in as tiv.ca had it as an $8 game and I was never going to replay it, but it ended up being a $10 game. No regrets.

That looks pretty good.

dream

Hmm... Thanks? I never got a game on release date I think... Maybe one out of many many orders.

Seriously. I'm shocked to see that they "strive to delight us" by having the game in our mailboxes by release date. I usually get my preorders 2 or 3 days after their release dates.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Do you guys remember what happened last fall? That insane BB/FS deal to trade in any game and get COD GHOST, BF4 and AC4. Man I wish we get something like that again. It was nuts.

negitoro7

Just bought the Infamous bundle with free TLOU digital download online from Best Buy. Hope they don't take too long emailing me the download code.

Maximus.

Do you guys remember what happened last fall? That insane BB/FS deal to trade in any game and get COD GHOST, BF4 and AC4. Man I wish we get something like that again. It was nuts.

As awesome as that was, I truly doubt it will ever happen again. It sounded like it was a mistake that they had to honour due to the backlash they would have received. After the first day, you couldn't find the games in store until the trade in deal ended.

I am honestly surprised we even got the same E3 deal as last year, despite the higher retail pricing of games.

Top Bottom