• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Lexxism

TD Canada Trust has an American funds Visa without foreign exchange fees. Uses US funds from a US funds account. I don't believe it costs anything and you get lower rates on the for the initial currency exchange. Pretty much a necessity if you take a trip down South and don't want to pay 2.5 and poor exchange rates on every purchase. Likely every major Canadian bank has this.

I see. It says 39 USD annual fee. I guess Amazon Visa card is my best choice. Thanks for the reply

Ondore

You guys see Skyward Sword often in the wild? What the hell it is with this game? It's a Zelda game on the most popular Nintendo console ever... Prices are stupid on amazon, BB and FS never have it used, sold out at every Gamestop near me...

I had a guy trading me his copy for my new copy of Smash 3DS but he backed out after making me wait for 2 days...

Allegedly, Nintendo discontinued the game and requested the copies be sent back? (Source is an EB Games employee, take with plenty of NaCl.)

Same thing happened with Kirby's Return to Dreamland. Difference is I got lucky one day and found a used copy of Kirby, and I never missed a chance to get Skyward Sword for $20 in a Shoppers bomba bin :(

Canon

Banned
Would anyone have a shiny Gengar code to spare? Can't really get to an EB Games. I could trade for something on Club Nintendo.

EDIT- And damn, I've seen Skyward Sword in bargain bins but didn't pick it up.

I remember getting Skyward Sword for $16 on Amazon.ca a couple years back. Nintendo games are strange like that: they're there and suddenly they just disappear and the value shoots skyward.

Jinto

Can't seem to find a brand new Vita in stores anywhere. Was planning on buying one for someone as a gift. :/

My copy of Senran from FS shipped, for what that's worth.

Mine didn't ship yet from Amazon. They have it in stock, so hopefully they'll ship on Monday.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I only got the Gengar card from EBGames. Are some distributing the Diancee cards earlier?

Maximus.

You guys see Skyward Sword often in the wild? What the hell it is with this game? It's a Zelda game on the most popular Nintendo console ever... Prices are stupid on amazon, BB and FS never have it used, sold out at every Gamestop near me...

I had a guy trading me his copy for my new copy of Smash 3DS but he backed out after making me wait for 2 days...

Yea I decided I wanted a copy a couple months ago and didn't think it would be hard to find, boy was I wrong. I found a used copy at a local EBgames using their website to see if local stores had stock. Crazy how you can still find Twilight Princess new, but Skyward Sword is super rare nowadays.

Ventara

Not trying to 'make a buck'... Just an idea to save some $ to get a game he actually wanted.

It's fraud, though, which is illegal, and some people have been banned here on this site for trying to pass it off as okay. Terrible advice all-around.

baconcow

I see. It says 39 USD annual fee. I guess Amazon Visa card is my best choice. Thanks for the reply

You can get that fee waived with certain accounts. It is nice working with the bank you deal with, as any issues are easier to deal with. Also, thr amount you'll save on currency purchases should easily go beyond that $39 if you use it enough.

khaaan

I just went down the my local Source with a print-out of my order, they saw that they did have a copy in stock so they just confirmed my order and sold it to me for the price.

Kazerei

Banned

Well I found this gem in Kingston. Small towns always have the randomest stuff left in stock.

KNeAT6e.jpg

I was looking at the new CoD contest with Mountain Dew and Doritos. 10 XBONE a day are given away for Canada, that's a lot!

However, the code is outside the package. Must sucks to buy a bag of Doritos, go home to enter the contest but your code does not work because someone took a pic of all the freaking bags in the store and went home to register them... Why don't they hide the codes?

Sora_N

I was looking at the new CoD contest with Mountain Dew and Doritos. 10 XBONE a day are given away for Canada, that's a lot!

However, the code is outside the package. Must sucks to buy a bag of Doritos, go home to enter the contest but your code does not work because someone took a pic of all the freaking bags in the store and went home to register them... Why don't they hide the codes?

Wow they're still doing this contest. I won a 360 years ago lol.

Sora_N

Didn't you win a PS4 too?! Some people, I tell ya.

Yeah but the old Xbox contest they gave away one every hour. I entered every waking hour for 2-3 weeks. Seems like they changed the rules to less each year after that lol.

I got really lucky with the PS4 though, didn't even know my Sony MC had a contest.

zroid

Banned
Yeah but the old Xbox contest they gave away one every hour. I entered every waking hour for 2-3 weeks. Seems like they changed the rules to less each year after that lol.

I got really lucky with the PS4 though, didn't even know my Sony MC had a contest.

That reminds me of a few summers ago when Dell.ca had this online game of sorts which if you participated in enough you could earn credits to win prizes of varying value, including some game consoles. I diligently amassed credits for the whole summer, and ultimately missed out on the stuff I wanted, but ended up with a somewhat high-end stereo headset (msrp like $150 or so). It was nice but I don't even use it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Leeness

Yayayayay preordered Assassin's Unity digitally for PS4. I'm super excited to play iiiiit. 23 more days.

PS4 is really pretty...

Sora_N

That reminds me of a few summers ago when Dell.ca had this online game of sorts which if you participated in enough you could earn credits to win prizes of varying value, including some game consoles. I diligently amassed credits for the whole summer, and ultimately missed out on the stuff I wanted, but ended up with a somewhat high-end stereo headset (msrp like $150 or so). It was nice but I don't even use it. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I know that feel. There's still no PS4 game I'm dying to play. Canceled most of my E3 stuff too since $49 a game isn't a deal to me.

mdubs

Banned
New games on Shop.ca everyone, pretty good deal when you combine the $20 of $50 coupons they have on facebook.

Newly added:

Sunset Overdrive
Forza Horizon 2 (Just ordered myself a copy)
Halo MCC
Smash Bros Wii U
Call of Duty AW
Fifa

They also still have Destiny, NHL and Madden

Just got a Gengar code at Eatons Centre. Seemed like they had a whole pile of them.

Since I saw this I thought I would post this story about my experience at that location. Best customer service I have ever had at an eb. Girl was super happy and bubbly and on top of that she gave me a free gameplay guarantee on my smash bros. I was shocked.

poodpick

Anyone know of a good ps3 mod/repair service in Toronto? I want to change the power supply, reball the chips, and change the fan on my 60GB launch model. I looked up some services on kijiji, but they only offer reball service. It's getting pretty loud now and there are graphical artifacts in games.

Edit:

I was specifically looking at these guys. http://www.kijiji.ca/v-playstation-...-360-rrod-wii-psp-permanent-repairs/594980805

They're asking for 75 for the reball and 35 for the power supply replacement

i-Jest

Anyone know of a good ps3 mod/repair service in Toronto? I want to change the power supply, reball the chips, and change the fan on my 60GB launch model. I looked up some services on kijiji, but they only offer reball service. It's getting pretty loud now and there are graphical artifacts in games.

Edit:

I was specifically looking at these guys. http://www.kijiji.ca/v-playstation-...-360-rrod-wii-psp-permanent-repairs/594980805

They're asking for 75 for the reball and 35 for the power supply replacement

I went to Gamarama when my PS3 YLOD. Its close to Younge and Eglinton. I think my repair cost was $60.

So who went Cineplex to see a freebie for Community Day? :)

I went to a Scotiabank theatre in Toronto I have not been to since seeing TARZAN! I saw Paranorman in 3D. I'll tell you, I hadn't felt that good in ages, it was uplifting! :D

Lexxism

TD Canada Trust has an American funds Visa without foreign exchange fees. Uses US funds from a US funds account. I don't believe it costs anything and you get lower rates on the for the initial currency exchange. Pretty much a necessity if you take a trip down South and don't want to pay 2.5 and poor exchange rates on every purchase. Likely every major Canadian bank has this.

You got a point there. Is it possible to get this card without a bank account? I already got two but I don't want to event think getting a 3rd one lol

Top Bottom