• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Lexxism

What the hell, I checked my ancient futureshop 2013 E3 preorder for Bayo 2 and they charged me the full price of the order (Smash Wii U, Xenoblade, and Bayo 2). I mean, I don't plan on cancelling especially since those 3 games for 40 bucks each is a nice deal, but they never did that before. Only ever charged me 1 at a time.

Are you talking about in the order page of FS?

Mupod

Did you use Paypal? I think those payment are done all at once because of paypal's policies rather than per item with a credit card.

credit card, this preorder was placed in 2013. The only weird thing I can think of is that I moved, but it's still the same card.

Are you talking about in the order page of FS?

yeah, it usually doesn't show as charged until something is being shipped. I was expecting bayonetta to be charged, but not all 3 games.

Now that I'm checking the card itself it hasn't been charged for anything by FS yet. So maybe I jumped the gun but it's still weird.

Lexxism

yeah, it usually doesn't show as charged until something is being shipped. I was expecting bayonetta to be charged, but not all 3 games.

Now that I'm checking the card itself it hasn't been charged for anything by FS yet. So maybe I jumped the gun but it's still weird.

Have the same thing with my BB order page. It didn't get any charge on my credit card despite seeing a full charge on my whole pre-order page in BB. I guess it might be a bugged or something on their site.

Zing

Banned
Never heard of renting consoles, is that a thing? Cause I'd be interested.

I rented a Sega Genesis several times back in the early 90's.

Are games still rented? It seems as though games were much more costly at $30-40 back in the NES days than they are now at $50-60.

credit card, this preorder was placed in 2013. The only weird thing I can think of is that I moved, but it's still the same card.

Yeah, that's strange. I've never run into that before.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was just FutureShop's site having issues, it wouldn't be the first time!

mamoui

IvA2ZoG.png

Think our E3 pre-orders from 2 years ago will include that or should I order another copy? =/

Usually no, but i had a few (hitman and ac3 from memory) . When it happen they send you a mail with a promo code and they consider it as a different order. I gess they do that when they overstock.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Have the same thing with my BB order page. It didn't get any charge on my credit card despite seeing a full charge on my whole pre-order page in BB. I guess it might be a bugged or something on their site.
It's been posted in this thread a few times. Even when BB/FS order pages says they've charged your card it's not true either. I've had it say they've charged my card on a Friday and I received the game on a Monday that I changed my mind about keeping. I went in that night to return it and they made me come back the next day because they didn't charge me yet and they couldn't do the return until after the website charged me first. When I later checked my card statement it showed they didn't charge me until the Tuesday and it showed my return on the same day.

baconcow

I don't know.. Couldn't people with e3 orders argue we aren't getting what's advertised?

Maybe. But, they way they make you add the $99.99 SteelBook to your order when buying the game, makes the promotion separate and not tied to your original order. Since they treat it as a separate item, they can probably get away with not giving E3 people one. However, I am willing that if you call them, they would add it to your order (depending on the rep. you talked to). The details are what kills it: Buy Assassin's Creed Unity today and receive a Assassin's Creed Unity SteelBook for free.

@Wreck

IvA2ZoG.png

Think our E3 pre-orders from 2 years ago will include that or should I order another copy? =/

count's as a pre-order

i've gotten steel books when they became available as a 'pre-order bonus' later closer to release (when i've had e3-pre-orders)

to be honest i'm not a fan of steel-books unless it comes as the 'actual' case for the game

they usually end up in the garbage.

So is the Wii U 32gb + Mario Kart 8 bundle exclusive to Walmart? I really want to get it but I also realize that there will be many sales in the coming months.

I ask because even if other bundles/consoles are on sale, I would still rather buy this mk8 bundle since I would buy a copy of it anyways, other bundles would have to be deeply discounted for it to make sense buying a $60 copy of the game on top of their price.
Maybe I'm trying to convince my self to get it today, help.

zroid

Banned
to be honest i'm not a fan of steel-books unless it comes as the 'actual' case for the game

opposite for me :lol

they look out of place on the shelf with all the regular game cases; my steelbooks are displayed elsewhere.

mdubs

Banned
I don't know.. Couldn't people with e3 orders argue we aren't getting what's advertised?

No you can't.

Future Shop said:
Disclaimer & Details:
Offer valid only at Futureshop.ca on all pre-order games from June 6, 2014 to June 12, 2014.
Discounted amount above are based on games priced at $69.99. Games priced at $39.99 will give you in-cart SAVINGS of $5.72 or $11.43, and $49.99 games give you in-cart SAVINGS of $7.15 or $14.28. The discount will be applied to the lowest prices games first. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer cannot be applied to past purchases. Future promotions (SteelBooks, DLC, Gifts with Purchase, etc.) will not be retroactively added to your order. Quantities are limited. Sorry, no rainchecks. This offer is not valid on out-of-stock and sold out games

@Wreck

opposite for me :lol

they look out of place on the shelf with all the regular game cases; my steelbooks are displayed elsewhere.

I want to do that! haha

but the biggest reason is i live in a small condo =(

no space anymore i've even resorted to buying digitally where i can

but the e3 order got me on price if i get steel books i'll try to give them away if can =)

i should have given them to my toronto gaf peeps!

Firestorm

count's as a pre-order

i've gotten steel books when they became available as a 'pre-order bonus' later closer to release (when i've had e3-pre-orders)

You can usually put them in the case and even if not, each steelcase usually sells for $30 - $40 on eBay because they're often Canada-exclusive.

iphys

Lol, Wii Fit Trainer outranks Little Mac, Peach, Yoshi, Pit, and Diddy Kong in the amazon.ca best sellers list. I would have thought that would be the one amiibo most people wouldn't even consider buying.

Canon

Banned
Heads up that you may get the diancie code early if you ask, I got 2 for my friend and me. I didn't even ask for it just asked for pokemon codes.

And yes it works early.

It's been doing that lately, it'll fix itself

Just an update on Orchard, the iPhone selling service.

Everything went as described. They shipped me the box to send my phone into them exactly as described. They listed for two weeks before they paid me and I received the exact amount as agreed upon - $435. That was for an iPhone 5S 32gb locked to Bell Canada.

For anyone who wants to get a good return on the iPhone they are selling and doesn't want to go through the trouble of dealing with customers themselves, this is a great alternative.

They are definitely legit.

Check A&C Games on Spadina. I think they do. http://www.acgamesonline.com/

Look at all that space! I need to hit up their new location. I can finally browse their stock.

Returners

Cross-posting from ORAS Demo thread. Now, you don't need to wait for the trainer club newsletter :p

edit: Looks like the code is limited. Get it while it is hot. lol

Thanks. I should've known Singapore runs NA codes.

EDIT for context: They're the distributor for Nintendo in Singapore. And they import North American 3DS games.

lupinko

Thanks for the NA code, now I have the NA demo to go with my JP demo. Both demos have different mega evolution transfers, Japan has Mega Steelix.

Anyway reminder, I'm still around to help CanadaGAF for any digital codes for Japanese PSN or iTunes. I would accept in return Canadian iTunes/eshop/PSN or if you want to pay via PayPal it would just be the cost of your card in the current exchange rate. I do not charge any extra fees or anything.

Madness

Any of you guys know the best way to sell a digital code for things like full games? I don't really use PayPal or have any online stuff setup, so I wouldn't mind locally. I'm thinking Craigslist or Kijiji, asking to meet at a future shop or something, asking for the money first, and then giving code. I'll probably try and get rid of Sunset Overdrive for like $40-$45.

Thanks for the NA code, now I have the NA demo to go with my JP demo. Both demos have different mega evolution transfers, Japan has Mega Steelix.

Anyway reminder, I'm still around to help CanadaGAF for any digital codes for Japanese PSN or iTunes. I would accept in return Canadian iTunes/eshop/PSN or if you want to pay via PayPal it would just be the cost of your card in the current exchange rate. I do not charge any extra fees or anything.

Hmm. I may need Japanese PSN codes one day. I shall remember this.

Any of you guys know the best way to sell a digital code for things like full games? I don't really use PayPal or have any online stuff setup, so I wouldn't mind locally. I'm thinking Craigslist or Kijiji, asking to meet at a future shop or something, asking for the money first, and then giving code. I'll probably try and get rid of Sunset Overdrive for like $40-$45.

PayPal is a really good way to handle this but I would just try to sell it on GAF if you want to meet in person. I have to imagine someone on here would buy Sunset Overdrive for $40-$45. I would have bought it if I wasn't locked into a shop.ca order. I only ever deal with Gaffers if I have something I want to sell in person.

FYI to everyone else. Shop.ca has some preorders up. I don't know how many of you received that $40 paypal credit to use at shop.ca (I think it's on a $100 purchase) but it may come in handy if you want a neat discount.

I managed to combine the $40 paypal credit with a $50 pizza pizza credit and nab Shadow of Mordor with Sunset Overdrive for $62 shipped. Also, I'm getting $26 back via ebates on that purchase which I'm using towards Pokemon most likely.

Mupod

the GAF buy/sell thread worked for me in the past.

RS4-

I was gonna mention them earlier, but then I remembered someone getting real mad at me once for mentioning them. I can't remember why, but I hold back on mentioning them now for some reason.

That said, Gar and Chang are great dudes and I hope their new location is treating them well.

Because you're a dirty SF4 player.

Has anyone pre-ordered from The Source and chosen In-Store pick up?

Just wondering if it's reliable and if the game be there on the day of release.

Top Bottom