• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Wait, the playstation Vita 2000 series is discontinued in North America?

No It isn't. They just never shipped as many and it's not available as abundant.

On an other note, I just noticed the $500 COD:AW Xbox One bundle doesn't come with Kinect. So basically it is $100 more for the extra 1TB hard drive.

Both at great of a deal considering you get Xbox One with any other game bundle for $400.

lionpants

Has anyone else been having constant issues with ebgames.ca every since they've updated their website?

I have had payment issues (with the same credit card I've been using for years), have not received pre-order DLC code emails, late shipments, no tracking information, order history list statuses are all whacked and out of order.

Anyone else? I have been back and forth with support, they don't want to admit that the problem is on their end. The Walking Dead Season 2 for XB1 didn't ship yesterday, probably the same payment bug.

I'm most likely going to call them later today and cancel my couple dozen pre-orders and have them delete my account. I'm fed up with it. The old website worked perfectly, shipping was fast.

What online retailer do you guys use? I need to find one that gets CEs in stock and has reliable & free release day shipping (trying out futureshop.ca now). VideoGamesPlus is great, but they never get CEs or pre-order bonuses. Amazon is good but their free shipping is sketchy. :(

simpleton

Has anyone else been having constant issues with ebgames.ca every since they've updated their website?

I have had payment issues (with the same credit card I've been using for years), have not received pre-order DLC code emails, late shipments, no tracking information, order history list statuses are all whacked and out of order.

Anyone else? I have been back and forth with support, they don't want to admit that the problem is on their end. The Walking Dead Season 2 for XB1 didn't ship yesterday, probably the same payment bug.

I'm most likely going to call them later today and cancel my couple dozen pre-orders and have them delete my account. I'm fed up with it. The old website worked perfectly, shipping was fast.

What online retailer do you guys use? I need to find one that gets CEs in stock and has reliable & free release day shipping (trying out futureshop.ca now). VideoGamesPlus is great, but they never get CEs or pre-order bonuses. Amazon is good but their free shipping is sketchy. :(

Yes, their latest offense has been shipping me used games when I paid for new games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AhuIb9o-pE

I ended up taking them back and wasn't offered an apology, a discount, etc. And they are still selling the same titles on their site as new today after having been warned multiple times at multiple levels. Their only response was that "those games aren't available as new anymore."

Battlefield Bad Company 2 advertised as new, if you order you get used

Same goes for Assassin's Creed Revelations

This is clearly fraud.

Sajjaja

Yes, their latest offense has been shipping me used games when I paid for new games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AhuIb9o-pE

I ended up taking them back and wasn't offered an apology, a discount, etc. And they are still selling the same titles on their site as new today after having been warned multiple times at multiple levels. Their only response was that "those games aren't available as new anymore."

Battlefield Bad Company 2 advertised as new, if you order you get used

Same goes for Assassin's Creed Revelations

This is clearly fraud.

Report them to the Better Business Bureau.

How is video games plus and their stabdard shipping? I pre ordered Bayonetta 2 and was hoping to get it aroubd release date. I'm only about an hour from their shipping location.

i-Jest

Cross-posting from ORAS Demo thread. Now, you don't need to wait for the trainer club newsletter :p

edit: Looks like the code is limited. Get it while it is hot. lol

To bad I missed this. I got mine in the newsletter though. Would have given the extra to my friend. Thanks for posting.

EDIT:

XtremeGuard sent me a news letter:

"85% off everything Site-wide plus an additional 10% off ALL Apple Accessories including the ALL-NEW iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3". "To secure your savings use coupon code: Super85off". "For an additional 10% off Apple accessories us coupon code: Apple10".

http://www.xtremeguard.com/

lionpants

How is video games plus and their stabdard shipping? I pre ordered Bayonetta 2 and was hoping to get it aroubd release date. I'm only about an hour from their shipping location.
I haven't risked release date shipping with them yet, but I have ordered from them before, they usually ship on the day I place the order and I receive the game the next day or 2 days after. Decent shipping speed, I don't think they guarantee release date shipping though.

lionpants

I'm going to see how Future Shop is with release day shipping with Bayonetta 2. (I received my Ghost edition of Destiny from them on release day, but that may've been a fluke)

I'm done with EB Games. The weird thing is their support department seems to be a totally different company, so there's no way to get any sort of reaction from them.

Mupod

It's funny, when I lived in the outskirts of Sudbury, Future Shop used to routinely send me games super early. I guess they tried to send it in a way that I'd get it on release date, but I always got it the day before at least. And in some cases 4-5 days early.

Now I'm in Etobicoke, and so far Mario Kart 8 and Theatrhythm were 1 day after release. Bayo 2 on release day would be cool since I'd have the weekend to play it, but I'm just starting Chapter 10 in The Evil Within so who knows if that'll even be done by then.

antibolo

Banned
For Nintendo games I don't bother with pre-orders and just buy it at a local store. The fact that they always release on Fridays means that your weekend is ruined if it misses the launch day date for delivery.

ohlawd

how about those E3 preorder discounts tho

Just do the return thing. I haven't taken longer than 3 minutes each time I've done it.

does anyone know, if i did the E3 deal at Amazon, if i cancel an item from the order so it is now less than three games, does that take away the discount? or is the discount still active for the other games?

mdubs

Banned
does anyone know, if i did the E3 deal at Amazon, if i cancel an item from the order so it is now less than three games, does that take away the discount? or is the discount still active for the other games?

Yes it'll take away the extra 15% off but the other 15% off as well as whatever the base price is will stay.

Returners

Anyone have any idea if other stores are carrying Samurai Warriors 4 Collectors?

I didn't preorder but now I kinda want it. All the EBs I went to doesn't have extra stock for walk-ins.

Ventara

Good thing I preordered Captain Toad at Amazon. I thought something like this would happen.

Oh, and I finally got a Gengar code from EB. Eaton was all out ( they said they might get more on Friday), but the main one across Eaton had them, so hurray!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I for one look forward to ShippingGAF rearing its head for Bayonetta 2. Friday couldn't come soon enough.

Futureshop pls

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Heads up: plenty of Shiny Gengar codes left at the Park Royal EB in Vancouver.

It seems Videogamesplus has increased the cost of games by $5-$10

Yeah I noticed it a while back. Hell, I think the first one I saw was actually COD: AW. Looks like if you're thinking about picking it up and you're from Ontario and wanna go "FUCK THE TAX-MAN MAN" your best bet is the PC version (which is $64.99 CAD) or getting it digitally where there are no taxes ($69.99 flat basically).

Also Samurai Warriors 4 came out. Did the 'Anime LE" come out here at all? I thought it was EB Games exclusive and it's nowhere to be found on their site. Also lol EB has the game listed for $69.99 while FS and BB have it for $59.99

It's what we all expected, but Captain Toad is now listed as $44.99 at Amazon, presumably the MSRP here

Amazon will fix my order themselves, right? Still says 51 for Captain Toad.

Or do I gotta contact them?

someone could probably confirm but i guess they will still give you the "promotion" discount applied to the MSRP, so it wouldn't be 30% off but around 20% or so.

I assume this will go like all the other price changes on Amazon: you will get the lower price and the original E3 discount percentage applied against that new value. So if you were one of the lucky bastards that managed to get the two 15% off discounts on your entire order (or better yet, the 15% and 18% discounts), then you get 30% off $44.99. If you ordered slightly later, and 15% was already taken off the MSRP when it was added to your order (so just a 15% order discount), then you'll get 15% off the $44.99 price.

lupinko

ORAS is $44.99 I see on Best Buy but I'm buying eshop anyway. So that's going to be the eshop price too right? Damn $3 tax hike if comparing parity price + BC tax vs current price + AB tax.

I have $48 still in my eshop wallet waiting. Lol

Lexxism

But they won't apply the e3 discount right? Guess I will cancel it and get digital instead

I'm pretty sure they will apply the discount. They did that in my case. Ordered The last of Us PS4 for 69.99. The MSRP dropped to 54.99. A week or two before the release date, it went down to 51.99 and still got the 33% off on it.

Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 51.99
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Promotion applied: -CDN$ 7.80
*Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 9.36
-----
Total before tax: CDN$ 34.83
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 4.53
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
-----
Total for this Shipment: CDN$ 39.36

mdubs

Banned
Yeah I noticed it a while back. Hell, I think the first one I saw was actually COD: AW. Looks like if you're thinking about picking it up and you're from Ontario and wanna go "FUCK THE TAX-MAN MAN" your best bet is the PC version (which is $64.99 CAD) or getting it digitally where there are no taxes ($69.99 flat basically).

Also Samurai Warriors 4 came out. Did the 'Anime LE" come out here at all? I thought it was EB Games exclusive and it's nowhere to be found on their site. Also lol EB has the game listed for $69.99 while FS and BB have it for $59.99

Shop.ca with coupons son, get AW for $49.99

Returners

It did.

It was still on the site this morning but mysteriously vanished.

ShaneB

Out of the gaming loop, but I'm trying to buy a PC game download from Amazon.com and it's saying it's not accepting the purchase because it's not a US credit card. Did they fix that loophole?

maneil99

So pissed. Pre ordered Halo MCC before the 15$ deal on the MS Store. Was told yesterday to cancel it and re pre order. Now its not on the store for good...

Big Chungus

still haven't recieved my copy of smash bros 3ds from futureshop.

i contacted customer service on oct 8 and they told me they were escalating the problem and i should expect a phone call from head office within the next couple of days.

i didnt receive a phone call so i called back and the lady said i should wait a little longer.

on friday, oct 17 i called again telling them i haven't received a call from their head office so the lady put another escalation call and said I should expect a call this week.

still no call and i'm getting really frustrated, like they don't give a crap.

still haven't recieved my copy of smash bros 3ds from futureshop.

i contacted customer service on oct 8 and they told me they were escalating the problem and i should expect a phone call from head office within the next couple of days.

i didnt receive a phone call so i called back and the lady said i should wait a little longer.

on friday, oct 17 i called again telling them i haven't received a call from their head office so the lady put another escalation call and said I should expect a call this week.

still no call and i'm getting really frustrated, like they don't give a crap.

I would just say fuck off, you should be able to help me right now. There's no reason for you to have to wait for a call, that's bullshit.

Top Bottom