• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Omzz

Well, someone's asleep at the switch over at Futureshop. It's Thursday morning and still no shipping notice for Bayonetta 2. Guess I'll be SOL for playing this over the weekend - sigh.

For Smash Bros the notice came at 3 30 for me. It'll probably be the same, if not I would start worrying

iiicon

Woah, when did you get the info? I ordered the SO bundle and I've already received my extra game + $50 gift card. My brother ordered the same one and he got his game + $50 card. Was the bonus game you chose backordered too?

This morning at 8AM. The funny part is I was told this from Escalation Support, who I was referred to because my copy of Destiny was sent to the wrong address. The really funny part is that this email was a follow-up from one sent out on October 9th, which informed me I'd be receiving a code I can redeem within 24-48 hours for another copy of Destiny. Except that email never came, and instead I got one two weeks later telling me the bundle is back-ordered.

I did get the gift card but I can't exactly use it without an Xbox, so it's useless at the moment.

RE_Player

Random question but maybe someone has experience here.

I pre-ordered an iPad Air 2 from Best Buy. Since its a high value item am I going to have to be home to sign for it?

flkraven

This morning at 8AM. The funny part is I was told this from Escalation Support, who I was referred to because my copy of Destiny was sent to the wrong address. The really funny part is that this email was a follow-up from one sent out on October 9th, which informed me I'd be receiving a code I can redeem within 24-48 hours for another copy of Destiny. Except that email never came, and instead I got one two weeks later telling me the bundle is back-ordered.

I did get the gift card but I can't exactly use it without an Xbox, so it's useless at the moment.

If you don't mind me asking, what date and time did you order the bundle? And was it online or over the phone?

I pre-ordered an iPad Air 2 from Best Buy. Since its a high value item am I going to have to be home to sign for it?

Yeesh, I should hope so. Don't want that thing just sitting at your doorstep. Better to have it taken to a post office where it's safe for you to grab it.

iphys

Almost always their stuff is "do not safe drop" so you have to answer your door or they'll leave a notice to pick it up at the post office, except one time they sent me a 3DS system that wasn't "do not safe drop" on the same day they sent me a $20 game that was, so I found the system in my mailbox yet had to go to the post office to pick up the bargain bin game, lol.

DJ_Lae

Did anyone else jump on that Microsoft Store deal for an Xbox, game and $50 XBL credit last month? I did, and I was just informed I won't be receiving the Sunset Overdrive bundle because it's backordered. The game I ordered with it never arrived either, so this has been a wonderful shopping experience with the Microsoft Store.

I haven't heard this yet but now I'm nervous.

I did get the $60 in credit and my game, which I took into a Microsoft store on launch day and swapped Destiny for Forza Horizon 2 (that experience seemed ripe for abuse as they don't take a receipt, just give you the game's value, so I actually got $6 back as Horizon 2 was a cheaper game).

It has said backordered in my order itself since I placed it. Also, for some reason my order now shows two copies of Destiny.

iiicon

Sounds very fishy. You would have been one of the first jumping on the bundle. They removed SO as an option late on the 9th.
Yeah, totally. I remember checking back the next day feeling like I got a great deal. I emailed escalation back requesting a comparable bundle + game for the same price as the original order. Who knows if I'll get it though. Hopefully no one else is in the same situation as me.

flkraven

Yeah, totally. I remember checking back the next day feeling like I got a great deal. I emailed escalation back requesting a comparable bundle + game for the same price as the original order. Who knows if I'll get it though. Hopefully no one else is in the same situation as me.

I'm calling them right now about my order just to 'check when it will be shipped'

Updated: Not that it helps you, but my order is still there with no changes :/

zroid

Banned
Wonder if I'll get lucky with Amazon again and have release day delivery on Bayonetta 2. That's what happened with Smash 3DS, but I expect nothing.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
My credit card has been charged for Bayo 2... Shipping must be imminent...

I want it tomorrow morning, come on...!!!

EDIT: Ordered on Futureshop, 2 years ago...!

Sealtest

Same, I expect shipping notice by 6-7 est.

Even if it ships we all must hope Canada Post doesn't mess up like they always do.

ohlawd

I'm getting both Bayo 2 and Fantasy Life

Have no time for the latter tho. Just keeping it cuz it's cheap at $28. Will return Sunset Overdrive next week since it's more expensive.

8HDkfFk.png

Still waiting for Hyrule Warriors sale :(

still waiting for Legends to go free on XBL or PSN, i got burned with origins. fool me once..

ohlawd

L5 games are almost always a miss. lol I enjoyed the shit out of DQVIII and I can't say that was a good game. That battle speed is wack. Totally fucking loopy.

I pre ordered this, it's apparently coming out tomorrow the 24th? when can we expect Bestbuy to ship?

Today. When they ship stuff, I get the email around 12-6 PM PST.

Seik

Banned

Same thing.

I'll buy a new, full-priced copy tomorrow to play during the week-end and return the other one when I'll get it though.

The wait was just too long, FutureShop's constant failures at delivering on time won't stop me from playing the game at launch. >:D

As far as cancelling the item, if it's an order of three games, the discount on the others will go away. If it's more than three, you'll be fine. Safest bet is to get the game, then return it to a retail store, though that seems like a massive waste of time considering it sounds like you're wanting to cancel based on principle alone.

Wait, what? Is the bolded accurate? I'm pretty sure others have said that you could cancel without losing anything...?

ohlawd

Sweeet. Thanks!

no guarantee tho. but I'd say most of us do get our stuff on release date. and for the unlucky few, the day after, which isn't bad either.

thing with friday releases is if it doesn't come, then you're sol until Monday, or heaven forbid, Tuesday,

Wait, what? Is the bolded accurate? I'm pretty sure others have said that you could cancel without losing anything...?

If you specifically wait for the item to arrive, and then return it in-store, you're far more likely to keep your discount. If you cancel online before they ship, I think the bolded is accurate.

Canon

Banned
Got Skyward Sword for $18. There was two of them in store but I didn't have enough money after all the other shit I bought to get a second one.

Ratchet and Clank HD with PS3 controller was $22.

I am such an idiot though, SuperStore had a promo where for every $30 you spend you get 6,000 points, but I only spent 55 bucks. I had no idea until after. So I can either return everything and buy it all again, or just deal with losing money.

And I'm afraid it's just a local deal and I don't want to reveal my location.

i-Jest

Got Skyward Sword for $18. There was two of them in store but I didn't have enough money after all the other shit I bought to get a second one.

Ratchet and Clank HD with PS3 controller was $22.

I am such an idiot though, SuperStore had a promo where for every $30 you spend you get 6,000 points, but I only spent 55 bucks. I had no idea until after. So I can either return everything and buy it all again, or just deal with losing money.

And I'm afraid it's just a local deal and I don't want to reveal my location.

This isn't Toronto is it? Skyward Sword for $18? Insane by todays standards.

Canon

Banned
This isn't Toronto is it? Skyward Sword for $18? Insane by todays standards.
No, it's a place where there's not many gamers*. Actually I did see a few people rummaging through the mountain of games they had for clearance, but none of them were interested in Zelda I guess. One of them was interested in Mario Galaxy 2 for $15 but he didn't buy it. I had a mother with her kid asking me advice on what games to buy, and I didn't really know other than to tell her not to buy Steel Diver which she had in a pile.

*Anecdotal.

Tuck

Bayonetta still hasn't shipped from Amazon. May just cancel it and buy it in store, but Amazon is usually prettygood about getting games to me on time.

mdubs

Banned
My copy hasn't shipped from Amazon yet but I'm prime so I still have hope I'll get it tomorrow. Also I absolutely love that bayonetta 2 has been in the top 5 consistently on amazon.ca since the reviews came out.

keikaku.jpg

Anony

wow i checked my amazon of bayo2
Delivery Estimate: Friday, October 24, 2014 by 8:00pm
In transit

i checked this morning and the est was november, rofl

No, it's a place where there's not many gamers*. Actually I did see a few people rummaging through the mountain of games they had for clearance, but none of them were interested in Zelda I guess.

So so jealous, been hunting for a decent copy of Skyward Sword for a while. Always afraid of the quality of used online… It was 18$ new, right? /cry

Mupod

Cool, Bayonetta shipped...hopefully to the right address. Also is there something up with Rogers in the toronto area? My internet was shit this morning and just as bad now.

Top Bottom