• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Wait, what? Is the bolded accurate? I'm pretty sure others have said that you could cancel without losing anything...?

I dunno man, the deal was for 30% off three or more games, and the discount isn't even activated until you added more than three in your cart. You can try, but I'm pretty sure the discount will go away for the others if you make it so the order is less than three. As stated, your best bet is to receive it, then return it.

Fine, I guess I'm one of the select few people they don't like for some random reason, sigh.

You should try anyway. A lot of people on RFD have said they were given the discount despite never receiving an email. Just cancel on the PayPal checkout page if the discount doesn't show up.

espher

You should grab Fortune Street just for the sheer fact that it's rare.

There has been a copy at my Walmart still sitting at MSRP for ages. I keep waiting for it to drop or for there to be a blanket sale.

Mind you this same Walmart has Sin and Punishment 2 for like $75 and Other M for $80 still, so... yeah.

MarkusRJR

There has been a copy at my Walmart still sitting at MSRP for ages. I keep waiting for it to drop or for there to be a blanket sale.

Mind you this same Walmart has Sin and Punishment 2 for like $75 and Other M for $80 still, so... yeah.
Wait, what? I remember buying both Other M and Sin and Punishment 2 for $10 each at Walmart a few years ago. Did they shoot up in value or something? :S

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Heads up: Bestbuy wouldn't price match Black Flag (Walmart price). Walmarts website says it's a "Walmart special edition".

Lexxism

For those who ordered refurb wiimote at Nintendo. How long was the delivery since you ordered? Also, did they increased the price and shipping? Or it was just me?

Sealtest

Anyones futureshop order go right to item processed and skip label created? Last time this happened my mario kart got lost.

Bayonetta 2 from Future Shop: shipped. Civilization: Beyond Earth from Amazon.ca: shipped. Fantasy Life from Best Buy: shipped.

I must be dreaming. Either that, or all three packages will get lost in the mail tomorrow. Now if only the gods would smile upon me so I can snag a Sleater-Kinney box set...

zroid

Banned
Taking a break from ShippingGAF to announce a deal:

Skylanders Swap Force Starter Packs will be on sale for $19.99 at Toys R Us for a couple hours only, tomorrow after 10pm

ok back to your regularly scheduled ShippingGAF

MarkusRJR

Does any place still carry official Nintendo component cables? My cheap monoprice cables have slight lines that scroll from left to right when I put it to 1080i (I'm using it on a 48" HD CRT so 1080i is as high as I go). I first thought it was my TV since I had similar line scrolling issues on my 360, but I recently bought first party Xbox 360 cables and now it looks way better and has no lines scrolling across the screen.

There's none being sold on ebay apart from Japan, and I don't want to get attacked by shipping fees. Don't know where to go.

Does any place still carry official Nintendo component cables? My cheap monoprice cables have slight lines that scroll from left to right when I put it to 1080i (I'm using it on a 48" HD CRT so 1080i is as high as I go). I first thought it was my TV since I had similar line scrolling issues on my 360, but I recently bought first party Xbox 360 cables and now it looks way better and has no lines scrolling across the screen.

There's none being sold on ebay apart from Japan, and I don't want to get attacked by shipping fees. Don't know where to go.

nintendo online store most definitely.

EDIT: oh, well then.

krae_man

store.nintendo.com only has Composite. You're stuck buying used or third party or japan it seems.

MarkusRJR

store.nintendo.com only has Composite. You're stuck buying used or third party or japan it seems.
How are Monster component cables? Normally they're pretty overpriced in regards to HDMI, but I found a Wii component cable by them online. Worried they won't be able to handle 1080i (since they're meant for the Wii).

Maximus.

I used to love this thread for deals info, getting annoying to sift through all the redundant shipping related talk. I understand it sucks when items don't ship and people need to vent, but the same "OMG am I going to get it on time this time???" or "my item shipped/didn't ship" are getting old. I know people who vent about the changes in this thread get shot down, but I had to let it be known.

jholmes

Bayonetta 2 from Future Shop: shipped. Civilization: Beyond Earth from Amazon.ca: shipped. Fantasy Life from Best Buy: shipped.

I thought I was insane getting both Civilization and Bayonetta at the same time and meanwhile you one-upped me by plopping a giant 3DS time sink on top of that. I am in awe of you.

koopas

I used to love this thread for deals info, getting annoying to sift through all the redundant shipping related talk. I understand it sucks when items don't ship and people need to vent, but the same "OMG am I going to get it on time this time???" or "my item shipped/didn't ship" are getting old. I know people who vent about the changes in this thread get shot down, but I had to let it be known.
I agree with you. That said, a good way to change the flow of the thread is to post a deal not complain about the complaints.

The Diancie codes for X/Y are now available at EB. (just ask for the slips at the cash, doesn't require a purchase). Although they will give them to you now, they are still only redeemable 10/27 through 11/16.

Sealtest

The Diancie codes for X/Y are now available at EB. (just ask for the slips at the cash, doesn't require a purchase). Although they will give them to you now, they are still only redeemable 10/27 through 11/16.

I think that's YMMV I tried 2 out of the 3 in windsor and was told they woudn't give me them till the 27th

Jinto

How are Monster component cables? Normally they're pretty overpriced in regards to HDMI, but I found a Wii component cable by them online. Worried they won't be able to handle 1080i (since they're meant for the Wii).

Monster cables are excellent if you can find them at a decent price. I have Monster component cables for the original Xbox and Nintendo Monster s-video cables I use for my Snes, N64, and Gamecube. They look great. Can't speak for the quality of the Wii ones, but they should work on the Wii U just fine.

Damn, what are the chances of a Wii U sale soon? I missed that Target one. After that Nintendo Direct, I reaaaaally want a Wii U.

I'm guessing mid or late november we'll start seeing some deals? Just a guess though.

If there's a good deal around x-mas I'll probably bite too. I wish it came with the pro controller though.

MarkusRJR

Monster cables are excellent if you can find them at a decent price. I have Monster component cables for the original Xbox and Nintendo Monster s-video cables I use for my Snes, N64, and Gamecube. They look great. Can't speak for the quality of the Wii ones, but they should work on the Wii U just fine.
Thanks for the input. You've convinced me to get them, since it's better than $60 + the ton of import fees it'd cost to get the JP cables.

ohlawd

I forget what the deals were like last year

wasn't there uhh a $200 deluxe with NSMBU and LU topped off with a $50 gift card or am I remembering that wrong?

whitehawk

Banned
heheh yeah hard to buy something when you know it's gone way lower before.
Tell me about it. Oddly enough I think whats going to happen is I'll get Smash Bros before I even get a Wii U. I have a feeling the Game + Adapter + Controller bundle isn't going to last forever.

Tell me about it. Oddly enough I think whats going to happen is I'll get Smash Bros before I even get a Wii U. I have a feeling the Game + Adapter + Controller bundle isn't going to last forever.

Can you use the controller with any other games? It just occured to me I have my old GCN stuff at my parents' place.

N° 2048

Canada Post..*sigh*

Bayonetta 2:

Expected Delivery : 2014/10/27

At least I work all weekend...

I hope they surprise me still...

Canada Post..*sigh*

Bayonetta 2:

Expected Delivery : 2014/10/27

At least I work all weekend...

I hope they surprise me still...

Same here! Bought release day delivery from Amazon too. At least if it doesn't come tomorrow I can hassle them for some store credit (or at least get the money I paid for release day shipping back :()

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Uh just received an order cancellation from Microsoft from thee previous promotion where I would get Destiny + 60$ + Sunset Bundle for 399$?

Anyone else?

Vibranium

Banned
I wouldn't worry too much about the sold-out refurbished stuff, Nintendo will probably restock it in a few weeks. I'm waiting on a $250 Wii U bundle deal myself, or a water-walking miracle where it goes lower.

Top Bottom